Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Yep - totally "un-meterological" but they "look" like rain clouds from here in Roscommon too ��

Not seeing that wintry look Redsteve is seeing, but he is further south than I am, but and by the looks of the sky here now, rain is pretty much imminent. You'd be in a more favoured spot there in Roscommon.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sudden full on snowfall here in West Clare, big flakes blowing around. 3.8c currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Comparing the actual radar with the simulated radar shows the band of precip is lagging a little behind forecast.

540546.png

540547.png

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

Heavyish snow here about 20km East of Tralee. Temperature 1.5C and dropping.

Seems to be sticking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm still undecided on an all nighter on this given there could be snowfall on east coasts for a good portion on tomorrow. I must choose my sleepy time wisely.

I think an all nighter is unavoidable in this one, as the initial band will be on approach to Dublin around 11pm, maybe arrive if intact around 1am?

The wraparound could linger through until tomorrow lunchtime and will be hit or miss.

But unless you head to bed now, you're gonna be up until that front reaches here.

You are a snow addict after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'm still undecided on an all nighter on this given there could be snowfall on east coasts for a good portion on tomorrow. I must choose my sleepy time wisely.

Sleepy time? You're losing your dedication to the cause.

XWSiCLe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Go to bed now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

A luxury I don't have. Would love to sit up lamppost watching tonight but I've two young kids to wake first thing if there's any decent lying snow. I swear I'm more amped up for this than they are.

On another note seeing some high cloud coming from the SW in D9, not sure that bodes well for getting the temp down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Hibernate now for a few hours.

Temperature steadily dropping here despite the high cloud cover, down to 0.6 from 2.5 at 3pm and humidity at 95%,up from 92% an hour ago.
    South Cavan

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sudden full on snowfall here in West Clare, big flakes blowing around. 3.8c currently.

From the front?
    Do you know your wetbulb and dewpoint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

6.2c in Waterford City currently. I would have liked that to be a bit lower of a starting point when the sun goes down.
    Uppers around -4c not ideal for when any precipitation arrives later. Also level of precipitation is not great to reach my location so i would be surprised to see any cover of snow here in the morning.
    The forecast on my website which is based on the GFS is going for no snow accumulation so i wouldn't disagree with that.
    In general well inland better chances of anything substantial.

https://waterfordcityweather.com/wxsimforecast.php

Peaked at 6.8c and gone down 3 degrees already in last hour.

JCX BXC wrote: »

Dropped to 2.9°c now still snowing moderately, making some attempt to stick into favoured surfaces but still very wet.

Looking good for inland!

AuntySnow wrote: »
    From the front?
    Do you know your wetbulb and dewpoint?

Wet bulb currently 1.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just started snowing at 176m asl

1C 984 hPa

Big flakes

Edit:north kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Dew points are fine, below 0 in most spots, and the sun is setting so whatever falls inland should be snow. How much though is a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Very bruised looking skies east county Galway/Tipp border. Not entirely sure what kind of precipitation that means, but something is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

How far north will that band get?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

loughside wrote: »

Just south of Coleraine :p

North Leinster, south Ulster probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Seymour20

Light sleet just outside Westport, definitely should be snow a bit further inland.

Lightened off to a wet dribble now in West Clare temp 2.2°c wet bulb 1.3°c.

Looking at radar there could be a few stronger bursts soon to come. Hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Snowing in Carraroe, Connemara, just started.

loughside wrote: »

Its modeled to have a sort of northern and southern arm and then a wrap around a shallow low
    Temp dropping here now as the sun starts to set in Arklow
    High was 5c
    Currently 3.6c
    Wetbulb 1.1c
    Dp -1.7c
    Rh is 68%
    Wind west 5kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I don't think it will reach me but best of luck to all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not expecting more than 0.5 to 1cm here in south Meath, that's if I get anything at all. I'm still expecting the front to break up before reaching Meath/Dublin and maybe some patchy light drizzle/snizzle tomorrow morning before it clears. If there is a dusting it will be similar to what we had about 2 weeks ago. Certainly not staying up to watch this one.

Seymour20 wrote: »
    Light sleet just outside Westport, definitely should be snow a bit further inland.

Turning progressively more wintry here, I won’t give up hope just yet.

Seymour20 wrote: »

Light/moderate snow here in Murrisk. We are on the on the coast. Looking good for inland me thinks.

Light/moderate snow here in Murrisk. We are on the on the coast. Looking good for inland me thinks.

Fairly close to your location, waiting patiently for the grass to whiten but I’m sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Snowing nicely on the Ballinrobe Rd 1 mile from Westport. Blowing in the wind. Looking good for everyone as I'm a couple of miles from the coast.

Edit, what's falling is sticking. No marginally with this front.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Am I too optimistic to be expecting snow here, west wexford ( foot of the Blackstairs Mountain 150 asl)?

We regularly get snow here but in my life I can't remember ever getting significant snow from the west, always the east /northeast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Couldn't agree more with Gonzo. Some blowing snizzle and a bit of white around the shadows of the shrubs is all I'm expecting by tomorrow morning for Dublin, Meath, Louth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement