Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

The clouds are darkening in cork but it seems too mild :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

bosco12345 wrote: »
    What about south east Cavan Gonzo? I'm along the Cavan/Meath border, you reckon we'll get a bit here?

I'm in Virginia so not too far away. I'm not expecting much tbh. Just checked the windy app and Met Eireann. They all agree that we should see some showers between 12-3 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Small flakes just to the west of Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gotta drive home later this evening (Dublin to Midlands) so any snow may hold off till afterwards.

Whatever about watching it or out playing in it, it's a massive pain on a motorway as it falls. Will never forget a few years ago outside Kildare one evening.. The motorway just disappeared in the space of about a minute! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

What year was this? ;)

Checks out :eek::pac:

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1353029315739447297

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jackboy wrote: »
    Snowing heavy in mid west Clare and sticking.

Ya fecker ya.

Alternating between sleet and wet snow here now, very marginal.

Southeast wind for them though innit, over a fairly cold land

Sw wind here Currently
    If that switches to South at my location, it will rain as the sea is also due south of Arklow
    Looks NW here at times overnight which would be ideal
    That shallow low is bound to bring in the Sea air and run as it passes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just started wet snow Galway City hope it gets better

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

I'm still undecided on an all nighter on this given there could be snowfall on east coasts for a good portion on tomorrow. I must choose my sleepy time wisely.

Get some sleep. You deserve it. Big day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I was sceptical but the Gardai have verified it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Seems to be making quick progress

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sky getting very dark in Athenry, looks to be weakening on the radar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dirty looking lowering sky here.

zQtoAiV.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Plenty coming down North Connemara / Mayo border...

540560.jpg

540561.jpg

540562.jpg

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Heavy snow south of Westport, location is 130 metres above sea level though so that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Gotta drive home later this evening (Dublin to Midlands) so any snow may hold off till afterwards.

Whatever about watching it or out playing in it, it's a massive pain on a motorway as it falls. Will never forget a few years ago outside Kildare one evening.. The motorway just disappeared in the space of about a minute! :eek:

Will be heading on the M4 into work the opposite way tomorrow morning. Hopefully they have the ploughs out tonight if it hits. The hilly road from my town to the motorway for some reason is never gritted. Hopefully passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Down to 2.8c here in Wexford

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Coming down nicely in castlebar now.

Down to 2.8c here in Wexford

0.8c up here in Arklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very wintry picture in Maam Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sky getting very dark in Athenry, looks to be weakening on the radar though.

Showed prep over me for the last hour but neither a drop or a flake has fallen. That radar is a joke.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Coming down nicely in castlebar now.

Nothing in foxford yet. Hope I'll get your showers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is crossing the country much sooner than I expected. Here in Meath the clear blue skies of the past 3 days have now clouded over fully to a slate grey sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Waterford 1.2c, was 6.8c only 90 minutes ago. Should get below freezing soon enough at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Showed prep over me for the last hour but neither a drop or a flake has fallen. That radar is a joke.

Make sure your looking straight into that lamppost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

is the cork snowshield likely to hold for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    this is crossing the country much sooner than I expected. Here in Meath the clear blue skies of the past 3 days have now clouded over fully to a slate grey sky.

It is a bit faster but is making very slow progress, what we think 4-5 hours until it gets to Dublin border?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

froog wrote: »
    is the cork snowshield likely to hold for tonight?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Coming down nicely again in West Clare, however once this band is gone I'd say that's it for a while. Making a good effort to stick on the card and roofs however I feel it will be short lived. 1.7°c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement