Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TTLF wrote: »
    hoping to record a time-lapse tonight overnight if it all goes well for Dublin.

This is mine from a few years ago. Memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Anyone know if longford will get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Snowline down to roof level here now:

gYjr393.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Five minutes of sleet just outside Limerick City

About 1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Kerry Airport is trying its best

METAR EIKY 231900Z 28003KT 240V310 9999 -RA SCT009 OVC014 01/00 Q0995=

Rain at Shannon Airport but turning to sleet within the next two hours.

METAR EINN 231900Z 16010KT 9999 -RA FEW007 SCT010 BKN038 01/00 Q0995 TEMPO 4000 -SHRASN BKN010=

It was heavy sleet but turned to wet snow before the front passed through, hopefully the showers turn to proper snow later if the temps wbt etc drop a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Well that rain and sleet over Cork was a barrell of laughs!! Lol

My thinking is the wind was still southerly and the warmer uppers were passing through.
    Am very confident that snow will get its act together here also in next couple of hours as the slightly colder uppers move in!

TameDecisiveJay-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

As someone said earlier southern end of front defintely gaining some strength after looking like it was dying away. Temp is on the rise here to 1.6c. I would be expecting a sleety mix initially but possibly turning to snow in heavier precipitation. We will see.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

No all this stuff in the Western half will be mess as its Atlantic sources. Even on weather tonight when showing blue air over Ireland I notice that after a brief window of an hour or 2 towards morning a mild sector comes in so that's why they say rain or sleet on windward coasts

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

No snow yet here beside knock airport and that front has nearly passed here looking at the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Enjoy it while it lasts fellow Galway residents, front clearing away soon. Heaviest of the spell coming down here now. Pesky kids out ruining all the wet Atlantic snow.

eastmayo wrote: »
    No snow yet here beside knock airport and that front has nearly passed here looking at the radar.

Yes another letdown. Maybe later in night something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

As someone said earlier southern end of front defintely gaining some strength after looking like it was dying away. Temp is on the rise here to 1.6c. I would be expecting a sleety mix initially but possibly turning to snow in heavier precipitation. We will see.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Yes. Not surprise though as the southern arm was always progged to perk up a bit approaching the southeast. May have been a radar fault in this sequence.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Well that rain and sleet over Cork was a barrell of laughs!! Lol

My thinking is the wind was still southerly and the warmer uppers were passing through.
    Am very confident that snow will get its act together here also in next couple of hours as the slightly colder uppers move in!

Hmm I doubt it!

Netweather radar way off the mark now. According to it middle third of Ireland getting snow

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Where's Danno, should be there or thereabouts at his location?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

Snow has stopped here for now in North east Kerry, maybe some more showers later hopefully.

Nearly 2cm so far, Temp 0.1C

540579.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Snowing just outside Roscommon Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Looks like us in Galway City just missed out on a heavy band which past North of the city we got the the tale end of it which it snowed heavily for 15 min or so. Light dusting on cars and grass which has all melted away again. Hopefully ye have better luck further east than we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭lucalux

Snowing in south Roscommon 60m ASL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Started off with small grains of snow 25 minutes ago, then it became heavier and started to stick readily, but now it has become lighter in the last 10 minutes and its seems to be not sticking as well. I suspect the temperature has risen.

Snow on Croagh Patrick from earlier today.

540556.jpg

What a great shot along with WatAtlantics's one.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Nothing in Offaly yet. Story of our lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Nothing in Offaly yet. Story of our lives...

Only just started in Roscommon.....be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Expecting the first window of any precipitation heading eastwards Meath/Dublin to be rain initially, before a transition to snow after 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Gonzo wrote: »
    latest models look a bit more promising for Meath/Dublin/Kildare compared to last night. (last time I checked).

Hirlam has the front making intact and even several hours of precipitation in the morning through Meath and Dublin before clearing into the Irish sea.

fmiuk-1-13-0.png?23-18

Worth staying up for or better expectations for the morning?

Icon has decided to join the party and finally showing a dusting for eastern areas and more in the morning.

iconeu_uk1-1-10-0.png?23-18

Arpege similar
    arpegeuk-1-15-0.png?23-16

This is certainly crossing the country earlier than anticipated. Could be snow in Meath/Dublin as early as 1am.

Worth staying up for or will the morning snow be better ?

Started off with small grains of snow 25 minutes ago, then it became heavier and started to stick readily, but now it has become lighter in the last 10 minutes and its seems to be not sticking as well. I suspect the temperature has risen.

Could this be a rare case where Galway got just a little bit more snow than Mayo? Don't worry, nature will address that imbalance in its own time. Easing up here again now anyhow.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

South Roscommon.... Was so surprised and so happy when I opened the door to bring the dogs out! Hopefully it sticks around for the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Nice bit made in east Galway. Tis sticking as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Raining with a small bit of sleet in cork city really and not expecting anything else, around 1.9 degrees.

Edit: a woman just slipped outside on the footpath so looks like the floor is icy, must be freezing when it hits the ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement