Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Nice bit made in east Galway. Tis sticking as well

Ya same here. Nice crunch on the lawn and it's starting to stick on the patio now as well which is a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Nothing in Offaly yet. Story of our lives...

Light snow in west Offaly. Ground is white. Kids praying for a blizzard..

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I just whispered to myself 'I love snow' while standing looking out the window. Hopefully none of the family saw me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The Met Office/Netweather radars are very different to the Met E one for a front once again.

For the 6/7th of January frontal event the radar to use was Met E. The UK ones seem to have a lot of extra precip on the leading edge of these fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Could this be a rare case where Galway got just a little bit more snow than Mayo? Don't worry, nature will address that imbalance in its own time. Easing up here again now anyhow.

I just looked out the window again!! It has gotten quite heavy and it's sticking like goodo. Time to go out and enjoy it for a bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

This is mine from a few years ago. Memories.

Jaysus I’d love if we got something like that this winter again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Glebee wrote: »
    Light snow in west Offaly. Ground is white. Kids praying for a blizzard..

Must be starting then. Twill be cold enough for it. Radar has it over us for a while now but it isn't reflected at ground level. Better check again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 23/01/21 18.55
    GkpKQWE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ya same here. Nice crunch on the lawn and it's starting to stick on the patio now as well which is a good sign!

It was typical Atlantic slop in my garden, the type that disappears when you step on it. Only snow worthwhile getting here needs to come from the North or East.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Could this be a rare case where Galway got just a little bit more snow than Mayo? Don't worry, nature will address that imbalance in its own time. Easing up here again now anyhow.

I’m in mayo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Raining with a small bit of sleet in cork city really and not expecting anything else, around 1.9 degrees.

Edit: a woman just slipped outside on the footpath so looks like the floor is icy, must be freezing when it hits the ground.

Would agree. The met.ie rain forecast app does have sleet for 5am to 8am and has a snow symbol for this time tomorrow night for an hour but think our chance came and went. A nw aspect to the front rather than pure westerly might have helped. Most of our snow comes from that direction. We get more of a land track that way in Cork. Knife edge for East coast, ye need to get the precipitation there intact first, then its in the lap of the gods as to what falls. Could really work out though if the stars align for ye.

Down to -1.3c here near Arklow despite the cloud
    That doesn't happen often

Wetbulb is -1.6c
    Dewpoint is -4.6c

Slightly within parameters at the moment here I would think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

Why has radar lots of precipitation over Sligo but theres nothing. Its dry. And the phantom precipitation has nearly cleared if it was rain it wouldnt show and it would be lashing here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

AuntySnow wrote: »

Wetbulb is -1.6c
    Dewpoint is -4.6c

Slightly within parameters at the moment here I doubt think :D

Anti Snow just jinxed everything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Raining with a small bit of sleet in cork city really and not expecting anything else, around 1.9 degrees.

Edit: a woman just slipped outside on the footpath so looks like the floor is icy, must be freezing when it hits the ground.

Went for a walk, lashing rain, not even sleet really. Some of the ice from today is still on the paths, it's pretty deadly. If that freezes there'll be no one move tomorrow morning, glad it's a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Raining away in Cork still.
    Just goes to show uppers are vital and they were the one missing ingredient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Back up to 2.2c, those showers dropping nothing but a rainy sleety mess. Need some big showers to get the snow going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

pauldry wrote: »
    Why has radar lots of precipitation over Sligo but theres nothing. Its dry. And the phantom precipitation has nearly cleared if it was rain it wouldnt show and it would be lashing here

It really is like the weather does try its hardest to piss us all off in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I used GL'S coin method- there is well over a inch on the ground now. jeez if we could get 3 or 4 hours out of this there would be a really good covering!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Down to 0.9c now. Band seems to be turning increasingly to snow as it heads east hopefully it stays intact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

None during the day today but plenty from last night high up in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

pauldry wrote: »

Seems to be an error when NI radar in the composite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Raining away in Cork still.
    Just goes to show uppers are vital and they were the one missing ingredient!!

Yep Atlantic fronts always the same down here. Need an easterly or north easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I used GL'S coin method- there is well over a inch on the ground now. jeez if we could get 3 or 4 hours out of this there would be a really good covering!

Probably not that great a method for situations like this. Celbridge, tomorrow morning...:pac:

Why-does-hokkaido-get-so-much-snow.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

The crunch underfoot ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Fantastic to see the white gold in Galway. Will there be snow showers all night or is this the peak?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Had about an hour of heavy snow that's just eased off here in north galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

18Z analysis.

ukmo_nat_fax_2021012318_000.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Radar has precipitation over me so i went to check..

BAEA2614-82-C6-4551-96-AC-8-FE4-B5-DDE8-BC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

AuntySnow wrote: »

Wetbulb is -1.6c
    Dewpoint is -4.6c

Slightly within parameters at the moment here I would think :D

I’m just down the road in gorey, do you think we will get any in our neck of the woods?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement