Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Not a flake in Cork City. I don't think we will get any here. Forecast showing the Snow Shield fully deployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭giveitholly

18z looks like an upgrade for tomorrow's ppn! !

Any pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

ITS SNOWING :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

18z GFS showing the precip splitting up around Dublin, it's been adamant about that for the past few runs and I don't like it. Although it has the timing wrong by about 2 hours (as did the other models), so it's really still a nowcast I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Not a flake in Cork City. I don't think we will get any here. Forecast showing the Snow Shield fully deployed.

Are we talking Roy or Sonia levels of outrage here on the Cork Rageometer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dublin precipitation will be coming through Wicklow soon but there is interference that direction on the Met.ie radar page.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Yea we won't really know what we get until it's on top of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dazler97 wrote: »
    I think it will be in Dublin within the next hour anyway, hope Sally gap gets a few inches

Ooh matron..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Snowing in Carlow Town, roads and grass are white. Great to see!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yea we won't really know what we get until it's on top of us

Are you Sally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

chris2007 wrote: »
    Accuweather saying snow is starting in dublin 5 in 40 mins

That's way off, it hasn't even got to Enfield yet which is the guts of 50km upwind of you.

• Advertisement

Any pics?

Here's one.

rtbP8aQ.gif

dublincelt wrote: »
    Snowing in Carlow Town, roads and grass are white. Great to see!!

Good to hear, so the radar is definitely suffering from interference so!

Dublin precipitation will be coming through Wicklow soon but there is interference that direction on the Met.ie radar page.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Nothing here yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Decentish already in Naas

C48-E5-CCF-615-C-45-B9-B724-C7-A25-CAC9-B98.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

highdef wrote: »
    That's way off, it hasn't even got to Enfield yet which is the guts of 50km upwind of you.

Seemed to go from Connaught to Kildare and Kinnegad quite rapidly so I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Very much a nowcast affair. I'm just inside the Kildare/Meath border in furthest west Dublin so fingers crossed we'll see it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Danno wrote: »
    Still snowing lightly here in Durrow. Radar showed returns over us earlier when there was no snow, now there are no radar returns but the snow falls! :D

0c and around 2cm/~1" I guess.

Same here we got about 15min off heavy snow as front passed trow..Its still snowing lightly here and nothing showing on the radar. We have about 5cm now,Had 2cm left from last nites snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Nothing here yet

Radar is not portraying this well, right now it's chucking down snow here in Durrow - yet the radar says no!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This would make Kermit a very unhappy frog. Very unhappy indeed.

9-779UK.GIF?23-18

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nothing here yet in Dunshaughlin. I'll check again in half an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Rougies wrote: »
    18z GFS showing the precip splitting up around Dublin, it's been adamant about that for the past few runs and I don't like it. Although it has the timing wrong by about 2 hours (as did the other models), so it's really still a nowcast I suppose.

Looks to be splitting up now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

This would make Kermit a very unhappy frog. Very unhappy indeed.

9-779UK.GIF?23-18

It’s bed time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Pity most of the precipitation was rain but nice to see heavy snow at the end of the front. Temp currently 1.3c in Waterford City.
    Never easy to capture snow in the dark but a little lamp post video i took earlier.

https://youtu.be/eZxRKJLFZ2M

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hold firm! I am hopeful it is radar issues but going over the mountain isn't going to help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Snow has stopped here. Looks like that's it until tomorrow morning. Shame it has to get milder next week. I wonder how long my snowman will last:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately all the models were forecasting for this to happen in South Meath, Dublin and parts of Kildare. Wouldn't be the first time a weak band of snow from the west breaks up for the central Leinster counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

From zero to whiteout in 20 mins. I wasn't expecting anything this heavy. If this rate of snow fall continues and then freezes on top, I'm locked in until Monday at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I think we are okay still so far, I don't trust the radar over the Wicklow mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah would have really preferred the front to continue an eastward march rather than start to slide more NE'wards.

Relying on the goods coming to Dublin via the Wicklow Mts. is asking for some trouble.

We shall wait and see though.

I thought the same initially, but it seems to be radar interference. It's showing nothing for Carlow town, but the reports from there say otherwise. Radars are very broken right now, both MetÉ and the UK ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

My phone says it’s snowing in Ballyfermot the last 20 mins but not a flake is falling :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement