Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

A snow shower near Mallow now. Heavy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow starting to cover road and garden in D5, always worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Moderate snow in portmarnock i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Lucan missed out on this one. A light dusting

Clondalkin same, was blowing snow as I went to bed last night and I thought, should be nice covering on the ground in the morning but it looks like that couple of light, moderate showers around 11:30pm was all that fell.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

Moderate snow here in Maghaberry / Ballinderry, Co.Armagh since about 6:30am this morning. 2 inches lying at the moment and still accumulating. Best fall of the winter so far (we've had about 5 lying snow events so far this winter).

Interestingly, we had just a thin covering of snow yesterday (a skiff really) and despite the temps being above freezing during the afternoon it managed to lie all day anywhere where the sun couldn't really get to work on it.

I noted that the radar returns over southern Armagh earlier this morning showed a hook and rotation. So seems like a small low feature moved over the southern part of the Provence this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

Damp squib in Cavan would have bother gathering up enough for a snow ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Clondalkin same, was blowing snow as I went to bed last night and I thought, should be nice covering on the ground in the morning but it looks like that couple of light, moderate showers around 11:30pm was all that fell.

Yes same in D8.. It definitely snowed but it looks like we were lucky and didn't get anything to severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Killiney hill to my north east has disappeared from view, something is very close!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Light snow now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

The hook echo can still be seen on radar just north of Castleblayney actually.

• Advertisement

Just finished here outside Mallow, can we expect anymore later?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

Nicebit of snow in South Kilkenny this morning.

Lovely moderate snowfall in D5, not a breath of wind. Like a snow globe. Beautiful to watch, could hear a pin drop

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Some parts of Dublin are now going to get a decent fall.. I thought for a while the band of cloud was staying offshore but it is building and slow moving... Heavy snow already in some parts of North Dublin.... Airport and Swords next I imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Uh snowing in cork city - just went to go shopping....I live on a hill....perhaps not...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Snowing about half an hour now here in D13. Sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

High quality flakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Light snow for last half hour in clonakilty so some heading city direction. :eek:

Let's hope winds can maintain offshore component

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Some parts of Dublin are now going to get a decent fall.. I thought for a while the band of cloud was staying offshore but it is building and slow moving... Heavy snow already in some parts of North Dublin.... Airport and Swords next I imagine...

Going off MÉ it’s building up a lot and slowly moving into the entire city! If it keeps slowly moving in we could be under snow for what? 2 hours!

Anyone have any photos to show the strength of the snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Light fine rain in Tallaght at present.
    Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Around kinsealy it stopped the very light snow a half hour ago. Nothing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Light flurries in Cork city now.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

TTLF wrote: »
    Going off MÉ it’s building up a lot and slowly moving into the entire city! If it keeps slowly moving in we could be under snow for what? 2 hours!

Anyone have any photos to show the strength of the snow?

Here :-)

Snow getting a bit heavier now in D5.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Coming down heavy in North county Dublin

Lovely big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Snowing now in Cork city, south suburbs, but not sticking as of now. More showers to our NW so we live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Snowing in Straffan kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Great to see it’s snowing in the two capital cities

• Advertisement

The worst thing about this is that most people got a nice sleep last night with no stress of radar and lamppost watching and now get the snow!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement