Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Clondalkin here near liffey valley and nothing happening... 😔

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Nice light snow In D14 now

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

D17..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woke up to blue skies and frozen puddles in cork city. Could be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

A fox just ran by the house. Reminded me of the Guiness Xmas add

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Kilpedder, Co Wicklow - very light flakes blowing in light wind. Hoping for more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Had some light snow here in D9 but eased off now and some brightness to the clouds.

Nothing has stuck. Fine margins remain. I could literally throw a rock to the webcam Pad posted. Hopefully something better comes my way.

EDIT: heaviest echoes cant make it the west side of the M1. Radar getting slightly uninspiring for myself. A really good event for coastal Dublin, how many times do ya say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Coming down nicely but not really accumulating except a bit on the grass, very marginal stuff, still, the kids are having a snowball fight outside so not all bad.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Really thick flakes now, near whiteout conditions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Complete whiteout now in D5!!!

Not quite a whiteout in Sandyford but very consistent and big flakes - yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Had lovely flakes in Dún Laoghaire for the last hour but has thinned out to smaller icier precipation now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Slight (dis)improvement at Dublin Airport at 10.30. Visibility back out to 4 km and the overcast now breaking up slightly. The runway is still just wet.

METAR EIDW 241030Z 31004KT 4000 -SN SCT002 SCT011 BKN047 M01/M01 Q0995 R10R/290095 NOSIG=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Flakes quite big and fluffy here now, D14. Just need some more intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Belting down near Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will any showers reach west Dublin this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cold.stream

Moderate snowfall continues - 2cm on the flat (Dalkey). Would be lucky to get another cm or two out of it by the looks of the radar. Still, very nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Not sticking on car, path etc. Slight accumulation on grass but very disappointing. Dunno if it just arrived too late and things had warmed up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Supercell wrote: »
    Coming down nicely but not really accumulating except a bit on the grass, very marginal stuff, still, the kids are having a snowball fight outside so not all bad.

Similar. Settling more here but struggling on tarmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Took a pasting here in coastal north county Dublin since 8am and only really let up in the last 20 mins. Drove from here to Swords and once past the M1, the snow was much lighter. Brightening up now over the sea and from looking at the radar echos, I'd say this unexpected yet pleasant event is drawing to a close for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Relentless snow in D5 for a few hours now, seem to have struck some luck with a conveyor belt of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Limerick outskirts

No frost and no ice this morning.

No evidence of overnight snow either

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Moderate getting heavier all the time near the glen of the downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Heavy Big flakes in Bray for the last while but not much sticking unfortunately. Still, its nice to see.

Actually, had another peep out the velux, starting to stick on house and car roofs and along kerbs and a grass/dirt areas just not on the paths or roads yet.

Still don't think it'll amount to much more than a dusting here though. ie. I don't think I'll be measuring anything in centimetres, maybe millimetres as the intensity on the radar has dropped and after an hour since it started we are now half way through the band based on radar progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Really started coming down in D9 the last 45 minutes or so. Lovely big fluffy snow too, kids won't stop trying to eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Not the right temp for it to stick in D3, garden station telling me it 1.4c.
    Not a reliable reading as it’s fairly sheltered, but looking at the street it’s melting quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Bad snowmen attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UpTheHillFrom

North Wexford 200m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

circadian wrote: »
    Really started coming down in D9 the last 45 minutes or so. Lovely big fluffy snow too, kids won't stop trying to eat it.

Hope you explained about yellow snow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Nothing happening my side D15 , looks like it's melting to be honest sad time at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement