Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dying off now and blue sky approaching. Should get the day out of the covering. Between 3 and 4 cm fell here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭secman

Nada in Dublin 24...might get out for a spin yet on the bike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Big fat flakes now in Dublin 16 and getting heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Light snowfall in Bray but the Sun is out, its proper blue skies over the sea and the barest dusting with nothing stuck to paths or roads. Nothing like a few weeks ago tbh when Bray was the bullseye for a North Easterly Streamer for a few hours. Still, nice to see, second snowfall of the Winter within weeks of each other. Still feeling good about getting something more substantial in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

kenmc wrote: »
    Nice heavy shower now d16, still not sticking though :(

Starting to settle now in places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Belting down dinner plates D14! D16 you are next...

Too light to stick though, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

UPDATE: Scattered falls of sleet, snow and hail continuing for the rest of today. Icy and hazardous conditions.

Valid: 12:00 Sunday 24/01/2021 to 19:00 Sunday 24/01/2021

Issued: 09:00 Sunday 24/01/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Extremely light in D24, not a hope of it sticking.

Getting some videos from friends a few KM's north and south of here with decent coverings, typical hills stealing all the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Really coming down now in D16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A beautiful morning here in SW Donegal, still over about 3cms lying , heard of some ten year old kids saying yesterday they never seen snow before this. This is the best snowfall at lower level since 2014 if my memory serves right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

It's amazing how localised in Dublin. We've been very lucky in Dublin 8. It's not a bad day here a bit grey but seeing a little blue skies now.. Hopefully it's stays like this and I can get a nice walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 34,834 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pelting down here in Dublin city centre.

Extremely local effects. Over 3cm here but can imagine just up the road very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭pauldry

Finally Met Eireann have a term for what fell in Sligo all night and we are getting more of it tonight "Wintry Rain"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭esposito

Heavy snowfall now in Dublin 16. Big flakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Just back from the shops, got 12 sliced pans, do you think it'll be enough or should I make another run?

I'd like to see what fell last the day and freeze tonight. I suspect the majority will be gone this evening.

Unless we get a top up at some point but the train has come to rest for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Limerick outskirts

No frost and no ice this morning.

No evidence of overnight snow either

Exact same here in D12.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It was really chucking it down here in Deansgrange about 30 minutes ago but then about 15 minutes ago it slowed and the accumulations just immediately melted. Still some light flakes now but no hope of sticking.

wyndham wrote: »
    Just back from the shops, got 12 sliced pans, do you think it'll be enough or should I make another run?

Buy more and freeze them, you can be a dealer in February. There's money to be made in frozen bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Artane2002

my area seems to be doing better than the rest of the county, unlike last night's event. I'd guess we have about 3cm but of course it's already thawing a good bit now that I've woken up!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    That blob of the Irish Sea seems as if it might push back into the Dublin region especially North Dublin....

It certainly did!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    That blob of the Irish Sea seems as if it might push back into the Dublin region especially North Dublin....

It certainly did!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

540692.jpgSutton, Dublin..... As close to the sea as you can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That is unreal the amount of localized snow in Sutton and Baldoyle vs no snow in West Dublin (since last night) or even the city centre. It looks beautiful!

Artane2002 wrote: »
    my area seems to be doing better than the rest of the county, unlike last night's event. I'd guess we have about 3cm but of course it's already thawing a good bit now that I've woken up!

Lovely sight here with the sun and the snow has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭esposito

These have to be the biggest/thickest flakes of snow I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I missed the sound of that pure snow crunching under foot. A winter wonderland I was not expecting when I woke this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

pauldry wrote: »
    Finally Met Eireann have a term for what fell in Sligo all night and we are getting more of it tonight "Wintry Rain"

It's white wintry rain in my part of Sligo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Struggling on any non grassy surface here, still coming down moderately though

Huge flakes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement