Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow gone light and wet in Dublin 16. 1.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Woke to the most beautiful winter wonderland this morning in county Waterford , contemplated putting the Xmas tree back up but by the time I decided I would the snow started to melt 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Snow gone light and wet in Dublin 16. 1.1c atm.

Had that in D14 too but then back to proper stuff again... for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

This lad is happy with what we got last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Blue skies overhead in Bray yet still a few flakes falling. Snow all melted off roofs by Sun. Only Bray head has some snow visible on the grass and paths up the head (shaded from sun as the Bray side of the head faces North) Velux watching has ceased in my gaff. Lovely to see but ultimately amounted to zilch. Roll on February and a BFTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Nothing, barely a flake in Firhouse Dublin 24!

Amazing how localised it is!

Absolutely delighted for all those who got snow, a little bit of joy in an otherwise depressing time.....

Roll on February and being buried in the freezer!

Just a few flakes now, clear patch appearing in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Just a few flakes now, clearance appearing in the sky

same here, hey atleast it snowed? pity it didn't stick though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Lovely sight here with the sun and the snow has to be said.

I assume the event is finished now? I wish the snow didn't melt as much as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Just a few flakes now, clear patch appearing in the sky

Yeah sun is out now but light snow still falling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Nothing, barely a flake in Firhouse Dublin 24!

Amazing how localised it is!

Absolutely delighted for all those who got snow, a little bit of joy in an otherwise depressing time.....

Roll on February and being buried in the freezer!

That is mad ... I'm maybe a five minute drive east of you and there was a fairly strong flurry (didn't stick though).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I assume the event is finished now? I wish the snow didn't melt as much as it did.

Well met eireann have extended the snow and ice warning nationwide for the rest of the day effectively

TTLF wrote: »

Everything went white briefly here, but yes nice to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It depends on whether any new showers develop in the Irish sea but the wind won't be onshore much longer but you never know...

euro4_uk1-1-10-0.png?24-11

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

TTLF wrote: »

Some snow always better than no snow!

Just a few flakes in Dublin 16 now

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Yeah, Didn't stick here at all but I got recordings so im happy
    Kinda glad it stopped, I have homework I need to concentrate on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have to disagree, I'd rather none at all than the hope-then-disappointment of a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There does appear to be the embers of showers just starting to flare a little off the north Co Dublin coast. Be interesting to see if amounts to anything. Would be more marginal at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The last of the snow from last night slowly melting away here , Portlaoise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

In swords where we rarely get proper snow - and the part I live in gets less than other parts. Had a nice fall last night then didn't look like there was anything really overnight. Went out with the kids this morning for some fun but just as we were coming in it started. Huge flakes and snowed for an hour or so. There are now so many snowmen in the greens around. A couple of centimeters fell in that hour and stuck nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

My scientific measurement (finger into snow on level surface) has this fall here at 3cm, the one on the 7th was 2cm. I mean, it won't break any records but enough to get out and enjoy for the kids. That should be it for January. Better than the last couple of years at least. February looks interesting but ultimately it could still end up very mild, we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Flakes the size of saucers in Sandyford - never seen anything like them. All gone now though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Bucketing Down now here in North Louth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Flakes the size of saucers in Sandyford - never seen anything like them. All gone now though

From your dolls play set is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

starting to cloud up from the east, hopefully we regain a decent covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Sloppy residues left here in Celbridge. Didn't get any of this morning's snow. As yesterday's models predicted the intensity has been diminishing throughout the morning.

540698.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

starting to cloud up from the east, hopefully we regain a decent covering.

Anywhere in the line from balbriggan-donabate look the prime spots for the next showers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Decent accumulation in the North and in England. Up to 7 cm at Ballypatrick Forest, Co. Antrim (150 m amsl, near the coast).

540699.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Epic day had in the snow in D5. Snowman, sledging, snowball fights everywhere. Some thaw but still loads of snow out there. Cant believe how much snow there was. Definitely the best snowfall since BFTE. Even the coast road between sutton and clontarf was covered in snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

That chart seems wrong, Dublin had far more than that or does it take that reading from city centre? Defo 5-6cm

quote="Gaoth Laidir;116029033"]Decent accumulation in the North and in England. Up to 7 cm at Ballypatrick Forest, Co. Antrim (150 m amsl, near the coast).

540699.png[/quote]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement