Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Snow has returned to Howth

http://www.howthweather.com/

Ah. Probably gonna miss this time by narrowest of margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

finally snowing here again

Edit: it seems to be doing more damage than good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ah. Probably gonna miss this time by narrowest of margins.

yea looks that way unless some development up towards Skerries, may give Dublin CC something

Light sleet and snow here but more of the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Annoyingly went above 3°c about 2:30am and stayed above that in West Clare for the night, nothing other than messy graupel showers after that. 8.4mm since yesterday.

Painful to see settled snow yesterday evening just a few kilometres away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 cold.stream

Further moderate sleet/snow showers here in Dalkey. Very messy though so you're not missing out on much

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Snowing again here in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

No I do realise that..... I just find those types of charts very misleading. Of course you are right, some places will always get more than others. Dublin is very unusual like that. Even look at the very warm spell last may and early June when Dublin airport maxed out at 23 and yet Phoenix park would hit 27. There are huge contrasts in Dublin for a county if its relative size

Just started snowing here again
    John.Icy wrote: »
    Ah come on Slasher. You need to stop disputing the weather other people get. This morning was incredibly local. I got nearly nothing in my part of D9 while 200m down the road there was an inch. Your spot clearly did best along with the other coastal regions. There is 10+ pages on how localised this was in Dublin so I really don't get why you think it would be wrong because of the snowfall you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another stunning clear sunny day in Letterkenny and still no melting at all since Fridays snow. Had a top up overnight but only amounted to <1cm

Would love to head out to the hills for a walk but with that being illegal a walk around the far more crowded park will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Moderate snow in D14 again, ice pellets mixed in

Edit: Okay a fair bit of sleet and ice pellets mixed in at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Another heavy snow shower in Raheny D5.

turning back into proper snow here and the sky has gone quite dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Very light snow over the last hour or so on Forth mountain yet nothing on radar. Still a winter wonderland here maybe 2cms and roads are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Starting again D17, sky very dark. Kids out building snowmen... Great to see, lifts peoples spirits up a bit.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Another little flurry in Swords

Rain, sleet, snow here near the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Wet snow falling again d16. Doubt it will stick anywherw, everything too wet now :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing again in Dublin 16.

kenmc wrote: »
    Wet snow falling again d16. Doubt it will stick anywherw, everything too wet now :(

it's still lovely to look at though, daytime snow is a lot nicer than night snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

No I do realise that..... I just find those types of charts very misleading. Of course you are right, some places will always get more than others. Dublin is very unusual like that. Even look at the very warm spell last may and early June when Dublin airport maxed out at 23 and yet Phoenix park would hit 27. There are huge contrasts in Dublin for a county if its relative size

Just started snowing here again

Yes it is wild the variations. I'd usually expect some variation across the whole county but the sliding movement of this mornings action led to such a drastic cut off. Literally just down the road, a 2 minute walk it took me, and everywhere was white. It's like in 2010 when I had over 40cm and thought mates were pulling my leg saying they had dustings only 10km away. When it comes to the Irish sea, you either hit the jackpot or you don't much of the time! The streamers can be so narrow at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Stuff on the coast now is just messy sleet/snow mix. We got very lucky this morning in Donabate, with lovely fluffy snow that accumulated instantly. Measured just under 4cm on car roof. For a coastal area to get more snow than most of Dublin is major bonus so won’t complain again about coastal margins !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

Dry and overcast in D24 100asl, we normally do well with streamers from the Irish Sea, would have loved to see some snow today but seems to be a more coastal affair

Heavy snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Steopo wrote: »
    Stuff on the coast now is just messy sleet/snow mix. We got very lucky this morning in Donabate, with lovely fluffy snow that accumulated instantly. Measured just under 4cm on car roof. For a coastal area to get more snow than most of Dublin is major bonus so won’t complain again about coastal margins !!

Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Moderate snow with small fluffy flakes in Bray the last 20 minutes but nothing accumulating..

100%. We have clearly got a lot of luck today here. I can recall many times where we have nothing and west and south Dublin got plastered
    John.Icy wrote: »
    Yes it is wild the variations. I'd usually expect some variation across the whole county but the sliding movement of this mornings action led to such a drastic cut off. Literally just down the road, a 2 minute walk it took me, and everywhere was white. It's like in 2010 when I had over 40cm and thought mates were pulling my leg saying they had dustings only 10km away. When it comes to the Irish sea, you either hit the jackpot or you don't much of the time! The streamers can be so narrow at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Decent snow shower in D14 now !

Just a messy mix here. Some moderate snow occasionally but rain and sleet as well. Very definition of marginal. That's it for today I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Heavy flurries now in sallynoggin, beautiful to watch but not sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Missing all the showers heading down the West Coast but at sea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement