Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

dd973 wrote: »
    It's very odd for a country, people and culture that's constantly trumpets it's 'non Britishness' and takes umbrage and gives out when others mistake us for being British when the giant screaming example of what not to end up like is the bigger island an hours flight to the East.

Hardly a place we're unfamiliar with, we live over there, have friends and family there, get their telly, support their football clubs, just about all of us have been there many times.

Why would we want to turn a sleepy North Dublin commuter town into some dreadful area of London or Birmingham?

Because we want to give up decades of hard work in establishing a reliably safe, fair and prosperous ‘for the most part’ economy, community society so we can open our doors, wallets and compromise our safety, security, physical and financial...to people just arriving off a plane....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No. The Garda superintendent told the pat Kenny show that there are no teenage gangs of any colour.

They said there was no drug problem in tallaght too .

There are gangs operating all over the country are you saying there is not

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Gatling wrote:
    Actually combine they make up something like 30 or 40% of the prisoner population here , Again you claimed that there was no threads about white Irish gangs or criminals here yet though close 15 + years there has been numerous of threads discussing crime and gangs here . You claim that you've had or they had great success with crime and gangs on the dart yet regular reports are telling us gangs are running amok unimpeded on both the dart and Luas , making parts of both no go areas

Dude there have been more African Irish & travellers threads in the last 5 years here on boards than white Irish crime threads in the last 15 years. If you can't see that it's way out of proportion after I've explained it several times then I'm guessing you just don't want to see it.

Dart crime is down. There is a system now where Gardai are notified before these groups get on the Dart. They are let on the dart and are met by a large amounts of Gardai two stops down the track. Dublin 5 hasn't been visited in two years now. Nor has kilester or Clontarf. Gardai have had good (I never said great) success on the Dart line in the last two years. While I'm on the subject there were more white groups on the dart causing trouble than black. Most if not all hitting Raheny, Clontarf, kilester, Bayside and Howth were white. They weren't from Balbriggan either. That's another fable posters like to throw out. Trouble from Dundalk to all of Dublin Northside is caused by "Balbriggan gangs". I've seen them & they are all albino blacks. They look like regular Dublin scumbags to me. Dressed head to toe in black and grey. Black jacket that looks like a sleeping bag.

No. The Garda superintendent told the pat Kenny show that there are no teenage gangs of any colour. He clearly explained that racists use the term gang to stir up hatred. Dog whistling I believe the Garda described it on pat Kenny.

The super is a politicians mouthpiece.... I’ll take the word of the people ‘living there’ over a fella that when my cousin called the Gardai in related to some antisocial behavior, his staff said... “ sure just keep your door closed, stay inside and they’ll get bored “... they were casing houses, looking over walls into back gardens.. trespassing and being a threatening nuisance.... about two hours later, a Garda car drove up the road...

Dart crime is down. There is a system now where Gardai are notified before these groups get on the Dart.

And yet we get regular reports about gangs running amok on the dart ,Luas and across Dublin and further afield with the only descriptions is based on LA and London street gangs .

But according to you there is only white Irish causing trouble ,

everything else is made up or a fable thrown out there,

So from Dublin 5 to Dundalk is just white Irish teens causing trouble ,no gangs made up of teens based on LA and London street gangs , none at all ?

• Advertisement

Dude there have been more African Irish & travellers threads in the last 5 years here on boards than white Irish crime threads in the last 15 years. If you can't see that it's way out of proportion after I've explained it several times then I'm guessing you just don't want to see it.

*Snip* That's another fable posters like to throw out. Trouble from Dundalk to all of Dublin Northside is caused by "Balbriggan gangs". I've seen them & they are all albino blacks.

I don't think you are right. Plenty of gangland posts, posts about of crime perpetrated by white people, and crime in general on boards over the last 5 years

There has been an increase of posts in which the perpetrator was a traveller or black. It might have something to do with the disproportionate amount of crimes committed by black people or travellers in certain areas? Maybe it may be that many of the usual suspects claim that any highlighting of crimes by people they deem as "oppressed" is now racist? Or are you claiming it's a rise in "racism" and the far right?

Albino blacks? Oof. Not a good look. Even if joking. You'd eat someone alive for such a statement if they joked about that and happened to be of a different "side".

One rule for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you genuinely cannot see that that is the point then im not at all sure there could be much discussion had on the topic

I haven't seen a single non racist suggestion yet. Kick them out. Send them home (even though they are home). There seems to be a belief that these aren't Irish. That they weren't born here. That many of their parents are Irish. These lads have thicker Dublin accents than the great Phil Lynott. First thing is we need to accept they are Irish and they are home. So kick them out comments are childish and pointless. It can not happen. There is nowhere to kick them to

No one seems to genuinely want to try improve the situation. They roam together because they fear racist attacks without numbers to protect themselves. If any of them are on boards then they know they have a hard slog to make a go of things in Ireland. They have been pushed together because of racist Irish. This creates the US against them attitude. Like many other Irish teenagers they start caring knives for protection.

They roam together because they fear racist attacks without numbers to protect themselves. If any of them are on boards then they know they have a hard slog to make a go of things in Ireland. They have been pushed together because of racist Irish. This creates the US against them attitude. Like many other Irish teenagers they start caring knives for protection.

Absolute bull**** apologism and lies.

One of the most ludicrous and disgusting posts I have ever seen here.

Love your ridiculous hypocrisy of stating it's racism that is causing an "us Vs them" attitude.

Check out how many times you refer to black people as "them" or "they" in my abridged quote.

I'd call you a white knight but I'd be accused of racism by people who think like you do.

They roam together because they fear racist attacks without numbers to protect themselves.

Can you link to any story, that even loosely states, a group of white Irish people set out to attack a group of black people?

I've simply never, ever heard of it happening. I also don't see any of the respectable black people around the place (you know the ones with jobs, careers, education) hanging around in black-only groups waiting for the Irish racists to attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Dart crime is down. There is a system now where Gardai are notified before these groups get on the Dart. They are let on the dart and are met by a large amounts of Gardai two stops down the track. Dublin 5 hasn't been visited in two years now. Nor has kilester or Clontarf. Gardai have had good (I never said great) success on the Dart line in the last two years. While I'm on the subject there were more white groups on the dart causing trouble than black. Most if not all hitting Raheny, Clontarf, kilester, Bayside and Howth were white. They weren't from Balbriggan either. That's another fable posters like to throw out. Trouble from Dundalk to all of Dublin Northside is caused by "Balbriggan gangs". I've seen them & they are all albino blacks. They look like regular Dublin scumbags to me. Dressed head to toe in black and grey. Black jacket that looks like a sleeping bag.

Good post. Spot on. Totally agree with everything you've written.

• Advertisement

No one seems to genuinely want to try improve the situation. They roam together because they fear racist attacks without numbers to protect themselves.

they start caring knives for protection.

Teens Roaming together carrying knives ,
    who then attack people with said knives (but nothing to see here )

Sounds like gangs to me , they are gangs and I get the feeling I'm not the only one who sees these gangs ,armed with knives ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

I think there's two types of people in Ireland - non-racists, and f***ing clowns who think Ireland is a racist country.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

No one seems to genuinely want to try improve the situation. They roam together because they fear racist attacks without numbers to protect themselves. If any of them are on boards then they know they have a hard slog to make a go of things in Ireland. They have been pushed together because of racist Irish. This creates the US against them attitude. Like many other Irish teenagers they start caring knives for protection.

What utter rubbish. If anything is creating an us and them attitude is this kind of misleading bollocks.

I know this girl personally. She works very hard and is a wonderful mother to three children one of whom has multiple special needs. I am sickened by the attack she has endured and I only hope it does not affect her life profoundly. Its not the only time she has been harassed in her community either by ferral teens. Her assailents were covered up so their ethnicity could not be identified. Not that it matters a jot im sure she was too busy trying to defend herself and fight them off to bother noticing their skin colour.

What pisses me off so much is that the guards as good as they were still cannot identify and catch them and even if they could there would be bugger all consequences for them.

It pains me to think how affected the family would be had she been fatally wounded. Her partner (my nephew) and three lovely kids would be devasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Here’s where I see the problem ! It don’t matter if you’re black or white either !!

Young Johnny wakes up and decides to knife someone with his friend for the craic. Young Johnny gets caught. Young Johnny then gets free legal aid, brings his mammy to court to tell the judge how much of a great fella he is and he’s had a hard aul life. The judge gives young Johnny a stern warning and a suspended sentence. Back into society young Johnny goes promising to be a good boy while laughing at the system behind the judges back. Young Johnny learns nothing from his experience, picks up his welfare and continues on racking up more than 100 convictions for various offences draining the state further. No one intervenes to do anything because boys will be boys and Johnnys rights are paramount over anything else.

That’s the Irish reality we see day in day out ! If you really think that system has some beneficial aspect to it then you need your head checked. It’s a legal gravy train that tramples all over the victims and rewards a life of crime. You’re actually much better off being a waster in this country than an upstanding citizen.

It’s time for a new system. Maybe not jail for 1st offence unless very serious, but definitely a youth program of community service for offences. If non compliant you go back to jail, 3 serious offences and you’re done.

We all know there are people in this country with 100 plus convictions from all walks of life. No one wants to take on this system but hopefully someone will when they see how the majority of Irish people feel about how we deal with crime !

Apologies to any Johnny’s out there !

Valresnick wrote: »
    Here’s where I see the problem ! It don’t matter if you’re black or white either !!

Young Johnny wakes up and decides to knife someone with his friend for the craic. Young Johnny gets caught. Young Johnny then gets free legal aid, brings his mammy to court to tell the judge how much of a great fella he is and he’s had a hard aul life. The judge gives young Johnny a stern warning and a suspended sentence. Back into society young Johnny goes promising to be a good boy while laughing at the system behind the judges back. Young Johnny learns nothing from his experience, picks up his welfare and continues on racking up more than 100 convictions for various offences draining the state further. No one intervenes to do anything because boys will be boys and Johnnys rights are paramount over anything else.

That’s the Irish reality we see day in day out ! If you really think that system has some beneficial aspect to then you need your head checked. It’s a legal gravy train that tramples all over the victims and rewards a life of crime. You’re actually much better off being a waster in this country than an upstanding citizen.

Apologies to any Johnny’s out there !

I agree that's an issue. Loutish and thuggish behaviour is not adequately addressed or punished.

You are missing the bit where young Johnny gets a pass/excuses made for them by "progressive" types due to their ethnicity when in order to brand others as racist.

The constant and consistent push to label non racist opinions as racist is counter productive and sinister.

It's a contributing factor as this emboldens racial segregation and division and encourages and causes racism.

I agree that's an issue. Loutish and thuggish behaviour is not adequately addressed or punished.

You are missing the bit where young Johnny gets a pass/excuses made for them by "progressive" types due to their ethnicity when in order to brand others as racist.

The constant and consistent push to label non racist opinions as racist is counter productive and sinister.

It's a contributing factor as this emboldens racial segregation and division and encourages and causes racism.

I think the reality is simply that the word 'rasict' has been diluted so much it doesn't mean anything anymore at all. I can honestly say I wouldn't bat an eyelid at being called a racist. It means nothing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

LONDON BLUD INNIT. Oh wait, you're from Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Does it confirm that they were blacks anywhere? Or are we basing this on the blood comments.

Not that I'd be one bit surprised or anything I'm just curious if it's been confirmed anywhere.

The lady on 98fm said that the person with the knife was a black man.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Valresnick wrote: »

We all know there are people in this country with 100 plus convictions from all walks of life. No one wants to take on this system but hopefully someone will when they see how the majority of Irish people feel about how we deal with crime !

This. The Gardai / Courts etc can't / won't cope. This 'element' is given free rein. Drugs are already in the equation and this 'element' grows and takes over the community.

Its a long shot - perhaps the only one - that the community galvanizes to defend itself. Its that or pack up your family and move.

Vigilantism. If nobody else will defend you from the scumbag - you have 3 choices. Live in fear, move or fight back
    Simples

I think the reality is simply that the word 'rasict' has been diluted so much it doesn't mean anything anymore at all. I can honestly say I wouldn't bat an eyelid at being called a racist. It means nothing anymore.

I agree.

Ten years ago, I would have been exceptionally upset to be called a racist.

Just the other day on here I was labelled the "resident racist".

While it was annoying and I was pissed that such an accusation went off with just a warning, it no longer holds the same impact.

Racist, Nazi, bigot etc hold as much value as woke or snowflake.

It's so ridiculous to disenfranchise such powerful words to unfairly label people who hold a different opinion.

It's just a sign of inability to articulate or formulate an argument and a sad attempt to shame people into not being honest about their opinions for fear of being labelled some sort of -ist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

What's the point in going on about fantasies that will never happen?
    Do you have any realistic solutions for dealing with youth crime?

I was replying to another poster stating that its not a realistic thing, its only a few posts back before your comments about fantasy,
    Realistic, Id say hit the parents in the pocket, or juvenile detention with rehab for crimes, any time wasting and just extend it until they comply, because attempting to stab an innocent person out minding their own business is deserving of having your freedom taken off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

eviltwin wrote: »
    Not actually put them in the forces, subject them to a harsh regime of training. Basic food, basic conditions, teach them about respect.

I dont think theyd care unless it was beaten into them and that wont be allowed, I say a more passive incarceration, lock them up,if they participate in rehab potentially early release. If they refuse to participate in rehab, just make it a condition of release when their term is finished.
    Never happen, because we cant even get them (edit before anyone comes back and accuses me of racism, by saying "them" Im referring to any scum) into prison.

That’s because the term is bandied around at will by the extreme left... you are now racist...

1) if you disagree with immigration law, support or elements thereof

2) you believe that people who immigrate should be liable for any crimes and deported subsequently.

3) if you don’t have non Irish people working in you team / company an you work for a racist company..

4) if you don’t believe that the Irish taxpayers should be liable for financially supporting and enabling non nationals to live and be successful here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,687 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yes and no. We always had our own homegrown scumbags(across class barriers too) and our own homegrown underclass with social problems, however we imported an underclass over the last twenty years, one with extra social issues on top. And yes racism is certainly a part of that. However across Europe the same patterns emerge and are consistent patterns too. Those of Black African backgrounds are more likely to be at the bottom of the social hierarchy and top of the criminality stats than the majority White(and East Asian) population and this is in play down the generations too. These are facts, uncomfortable though they are. And again I agree 100% racism is a large part of that, but that's not going away anytime soon.

It would go away a lot sooner Wibbs if people didn't seek to shrug their shoulders and suggest that it's a fact of life like it's something that can never be reduced.

I would argue racism will indeed go away sooner than we will go back to the type of cocooned societies each of somewhat unique races that existed in the past.

And whatever about importing an underclass over the last 20 years, I am old enough to remember that we had a specific place in the country referred to as stab city and areas of west Dublin overrun with gangs. These are facts too, which might be uncomfortable for some to acknowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Strumms wrote: »
    That’s because the term is bandied around at will by the extreme left... you are now racist...

2) you believe that people who immigrate should be liable for any crimes and deported subsequently.

3) if you don’t have non Irish people working in you team / company an you work for a racist company..

4) if you don’t believe that the Irish taxpayers should be liable for financially supporting and enabling non nationals to live and be successful here

in fairness who cares what the extreme left think? They're as irrelevant as the extreme right.
    What companies insist on having non Irish people? I never encountered this.
    I think your cousin is being a bit OTT with her description of Balbriggan. She may be in a particularly dodgy estate but my mate has lived there since the mid 00s and would visit every couple of months for a night. He's in a newish estate of duplexes too not some old established quiet estate.
    It's grand, never saw an iota of trouble there or in the village. I honestly think some people want it to be a run down kip full of black kids going crazy so they can say I told you so, but it really isn't bad. There's so much sensationalism in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It would go away a lot sooner Wibbs if people didn't seek to shrug their shoulders and suggest that it's a fact of life like it's something that can never be reduced.

I would argue racism will indeed go away sooner than we will go back to the type of cocooned societies each of somewhat unique races that existed in the past.

And whatever about importing an underclass over the last 20 years, I am old enough to remember that we had a specific place in the country referred to as stab city and areas of west Dublin overrun with gangs. These are facts too, which might be uncomfortable for some to acknowledge.

NO ONE DENIES THAT IRISH PEOPLE COMMIT CRIME

How many times does that need to be repeated for it to sink into your head? It's like you've an issue with processing information or something.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Strumms wrote: »

Such rubbish!
    Do you actually believe this......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,687 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TomTomTim wrote: »
    NO ONE DENIES THAT IRISH PEOPLE COMMIT CRIME

How many times does that need to be repeated for it to sink into your head? It's like you've an issue with processing information or something.

Tell that to the people focused on saying we've a problem now because of immigrants.

Or is that too complex to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

in fairness who cares what the extreme left think? They're as irrelevant as the extreme right.
    What companies insist on having non Irish people? I never encountered this.
    I think your cousin is being a bit OTT with her description of Balbriggan. She may be in a particularly dodgy estate but my mate has lived there since the mid 00s and would visit every couple of months for a night. He's in a newish estate of duplexes too not some old established quiet estate.
    It's grand, never saw an iota of trouble there or in the village. I honestly think some people want it to be a run down kip full of black kids going crazy so they can say I told you so, but it really isn't bad. There's so much sensationalism in this thread.

You should, because they make up the majority of the NGO Industrial Complex in Ireland that is having an inordinate amount of media and political influence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Tell that to the people focused on saying we've a problem now because of immigrants.

Or is that too complex to grasp.

It's you who struggles to understand. The same point is made time and time again, yet you fail to grasp it, or choose to overlook it. We have enough criminals in this country without mass immigration, we simply shouldn't be importing more. More crime makes our country a worse place. Surely you can agree on that simple point?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement