Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

So are you accepting that there likely is institutional racism with respect to housing based on what has been said up to now? If so, I won't have much trouble giving you many more examples in other areas.
    If that's how you want to twist my words, that's totally fine. I withdraw my 'with all due respect' comment. I am OUT of this thread - if people don't have a problem with innocent, young mothers - being slashed with knives, by groups of young men to whom Ireland has generously given a home, then that is their prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

The article suggests late teens.

The age of Criminal responsibility is 12!

Not exactly correct.

The general age of criminal responsibility in Ireland is 12 years.

However there is also provision for 10- and 11-year-old children charged with serious offences including murder, manslaughter, rape or aggravated sexual assault to be tried in the Central Criminal Court.

As was the case in Lucan with the 2 schoolboys boys charged with the murder of the girl in the derelict house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Locked for review - this thread has gone so wildly off topic I can't even find the last post that relates to it. Will be reopened after I clean it up. In the meantime direct ALL of the last few pages to this thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058087687

When I get it cleaned up and reopened can we stay on topic or it will be closed permanently, I'm not going to ask again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thread Reopened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

At the end of the day I think we can all agree that it's lucky no Guards were around to stop this attack from happening.
    Otherwise, we'd be subjected to protests and plenty of public figures coming out to criticise the Guards.

Better that some lady gets attacked with a knife and we never positively identify exactly who it was that attacked her.

We'll all be back to normal in a couple of weeks lads. No protests. No drama. No national debate.
    Nice and tidy. It'll all be forgotten about soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Locked for review then actually reopened? It's a miracle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

silverharp wrote: »
    Any objections to classing this as a hate crime?

Let's maybe just reflect on the fact that this is even a question.

Three lads attack a woman with a knife kicking her in the head multiple times, slashing her leg. Didn't rob her at all so just attacked her for some reason.

Yet, we ask "was this a hate crime"?

Insulting someone on The Internet? Hate Crime!

Attacking a lady with a knife? Hm... could it be a Hate Crime? Nah, probably just regular crime lads.

Can't figure out who did it anyway so as you were. Nothing to see here.

kravmaga wrote: »
    Not exactly correct.

The general age of criminal responsibility in Ireland is 12 years.

However there is also provision for 10- and 11-year-old children charged with serious offences including murder, manslaughter, rape or aggravated sexual assault to be tried in the Central Criminal Court.

As was the case in Lucan with the 2 schoolboys boys charged with the murder of the girl in the derelict house.

Thats a serious nitpick and both boys were in fact 13 at the time of the offence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

There is a possibility that this violent attack would not have occurred if the thugs knew beforehand that there would be serious jail time for 1. Assault with a deadly weapon and 2. Race a mitigating factor in the attack.
    The attack went ahead, and they laughed during the brutal assault, knowing that the consequences of their actions would not be punished in any meaningful manner.

The country is in dire need of fixing the criminal justice system; specifically the sentencing aspect of it. At the moment, "justice" does not exist in Ireland's criminal justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Kivaro wrote: »
    There is a possibility that this violent attack would not have occurred if the thugs knew beforehand that there would be serious jail time for 1. Assault with a deadly weapon and 2. Race a mitigating factor in the attack.
    The attack went ahead, and they laughed during the brutal assault, knowing that the consequences of their actions would not be punished in any meaningful manner.

The country is in dire need of fixing the criminal justice system; specifically the sentencing aspect of it. At the moment, "justice" does not exist in Ireland's criminal justice system.

Agree, race is not the issue this above is. They laugh knowing nothing will happen if caught. Justice system is an absolute farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I moved to balbriggan about four years ago to live with my partner.
    She has lived here her whole life. We live pretty much in the centre of town.
    Neither one of us would go out after dark. The streets are filled with teens. Large groups shouting at each other, imitating behaviour etc
    My girlfriend stop getting public transport as always getting hassled and being followed by men. One exposed himself to her, another one followed her home and called her a slut, thankfully there were people around who scared him off.
    Were looking to move out to anywhere but here. I won't raise a kid here. It's not a race thing plenty of white teens/white adults are causing problems. Don't know why everyone keeps making a race thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

jface187 wrote: »
    I moved to balbriggan about four years ago to live with my partner.
    She has lived here her whole life. We live pretty much in the centre of town.
    Neither one of us would go out after dark. The streets are filled with teens. Large groups shouting at each other, imitating behaviour etc
    My girlfriend stop getting public transport as always getting hassled and being followed by men. One exposed himself to her, another one followed her home and called her a slut, thankfully there were people around who scared him off.
    Were looking to move out to anywhere but here. I won't raise a kid here. It's not a race thing plenty of white teens/white adults are causing problems. Don't know why everyone keeps making a race thing.

Law abiding people and tax payers of Balbriggan have been abandoned by the state .... put up with your gang culture and knife attacks and be quite seems to be the government and judges view .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tell that to the people focused on saying we've a problem now because of immigrants.

Or is that too complex to grasp.

We do.

The parents of these fine upstanding citizens took advantage of a loophole that granted automatic citizenship to any kids they popped out.

If the Government of the time did their job sooner none of them would be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Why are you bring up race? where they were born etc? As stated in my post plenty of problems from what you would call "old" Irish. Trying to make it a race thing isn't going to solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

If that's how you want to twist my words, that's totally fine. I withdraw my 'with all due respect' comment. I am OUT of this thread - if people don't have a problem with innocent, young mothers - being slashed with knives, by groups of young men to whom Ireland has generously given a home, then that is their prerogative.

I wasn't twisting your words I was trying to get you to clarify you postition on what we had talked about in relation to housing. You had not addressed my point and if you reread your post it comes across as you accepting my point but I was not sure so I was asking for clarification. You wanted to move on without addressing that point made previously which I could have used a modified version of to make further points so it was important to clarfiy whether or not you were accepting that I was right, which I clearly was in my view.

Regarding the stabbing attack, of course I have a problem with little scrotes attacking a woman, regardless of where the boys are from. If an immigrant or non white irish person commits a crime it doesn't lead me to then start generalizing about them and assume they are all potential criminals. This is a racist mindset is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

I wasn't twisting your words I was trying to get you to clarify you postition on what we had talked about in relation to housing. You had not addressed my point and if you reread your post it comes across as you accepting my point but I was not sure so I was asking for clarification. You wanted to move on without addressing that point made previously which I could have used a modified version of to make further points so it was important to clarfiy whether or not you were accepting that I was right, which I clearly was in my view.

You incorrectly presupposed and proposed to me (to suit and support your own view) that I was 'accepting that there likely is institutional racism with respect to housing based on what has been said', I wasn't - and do not accept that there is 'institutional racism with respect to housing'.
    Regarding the stabbing attack, of course I have a problem with little scrotes attacking a woman, regardless of where the boys are from. If an immigrant or non white irish person commits a crime it doesn't lead me to then start generalizing about them and assume they are all potential criminals. This is a racist mindset is it not?

But what if she was attacked BECAUSE she was white? I mean... would they have DARED attack one of their own? Honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bubblypop wrote: »
    And who is importing criminals?
    Do you have a Crystal ball that allows you to see what immigrants to this country or their children will do in the future?
    If you do, perhaps we could use it on all people?

We are, simply if criminals are arriving here and claiming asylum....

There should, I’m not saying there is but should be a criminal background check done on each and every applicant with a certificate of zero convictions provided directly by the police in whatever home state they were a citizen of before any applicant is granted asylum....that way you don’t require a Crystal ball..

Any...

Violent crime - assault / murder / manslaughter, Sexual crime, Fraud etc and its no.... couldn’t give a fûck if somebody is chasing you with a carving knife up the khyber pass... you won’t be accepted here, or shouldn’t be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

no fear factor for a lot of these kids... no sense of any repercussions for what they might do.

deal with it youself Mick :D best way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strumms wrote: »
    We are, simply if criminals are arriving here and claiming asylum....

There should, I’m not saying there is but should be a criminal background check done on each and every applicant with a certificate of zero convictions provided directly by the police in whatever home state they were a citizen of before any applicant is granted asylum....that way you don’t require a Crystal ball..

Any...

Violent crime - assault / murder / manslaughter, Sexual crime, Fraud etc and its no.... couldn’t give a fûck if somebody is chasing you with a carving knife up the khyber pass... you won’t be accepted here, or shouldn’t be...

Also, anyone who claims “asylum”, then goes back to their country of origin on holidays should be given 2 weeks from their return to settle up what they need to settle and returned to their country of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

People have been talking about Balbriggan for years on this site.

This is from 2012

Poster A They've destroyed that town

Poster B Totally the opposite, the multiculturalism that lives in this town has totally regenerated it.
    Your post reeks of bigotry and intolerance

After hearing women on the radio today saying they're afraid to walk the town alone at night and being asked not to wear earphones while walking.

I wonder how that poster B feels now?

• Advertisement

I know people living there, extremely well traveled, patient, kind, considerate and open minded people.. it took them a while to come to this conclusion but the last conversation with my cousin... “ I would break the bank to get back to artane “. We don’t feel safe here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Seeing as these thugs didn't rob anything and only one had knife.

Could it have been one of those gang initiations as a blood in, blood out thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Could it have been one of those gang initiations as a blood in, blood out thing?

Or gang rapists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

People have been talking about Balbriggan for years on this site.

This is from 2012

Poster A They've destroyed that town

Poster B Totally the opposite, the multiculturalism that lives in this town has totally regenerated it.
    Your post reeks of bigotry and intolerance

After hearing women on the radio today saying they're afraid to walk the town alone at night and being asked not to wear earphones while walking.

I wonder how that poster B feels now?

I know from being on some Facebook groups that when questioned people like poster B are never around the rougher areas at night time.
    They live in a bubble. They won’t go to the rougher areas and face the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

This attack was obviously a racist attack on a lone white woman, I listened to her words on 98fm radio station podcast and it is as plain as day what it was. The black guy that attacked her with the knife and the other two did not want her money or phone as they were constantly laughing while trying to stab her. No arrests made and the guards got there in five minutes, useless the gardai are as usual. She is as she said a tough cookie, she will get over it in time and she is right in that she will not allow them to get the better of her. I wish her well.

For anyone that say's that it wasn't a racist attack on a white woman, well, you can clearly see that there was no motive for robbery, it was an attack on a white person minding her own business.

Attacking a lone woman is the lowest, but I'm sure if they are not found, they will progress to injure or kill some-one else eventually.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

This is purely speculation but if you look up 'Drill Rap' there was a trend attached to that scene where they were obliged to attack a white person.

No arrests made and the guards got there in five minutes, useless the gardai are as usual.

They were there in 5 mins but yet you say they are useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

They were there in 5 mins but yet you say they are useless?

Yes, they are always useless. They got there in five minutes but they didn't even think to check the local area and pull up a few of them to see if any of them had a knife on their person. Yes I stand by what I said, they are fecking useless.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Yes, they are always useless. They got there in five minutes but they didn't even think to check the local area and pull up a few of them to see if any of them had a knife on their person. Yes I stand by what I said, they are fecking useless.

You have no idea what they did unless you were standing there or listening on a radio

• Advertisement

You have no idea what they did unless you were standing there or listening on a radio

Well they did SFA as I said already when my cousin reported suspicious behavior at their house and adjoining properties...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement