Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

beakerjoe speaking the most sense on this thread. Lots of people want this to be a race issue unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

beakerjoe speaking the most sense on this thread. Lots of people want this to be a race issue unfortunately.
    I can only speak for myself - but BELIEVE me, I do not WANT this to be a race issue. It is THE VERY LAST THING I want - I just think that it probably is, I can't fathom them attacking somebody from their own community – I simply can't fathom it, reasons as to why are explained in my previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can I get the first sentence framed?

I can only speak for myself - but BELIEVE me, I do not WANT this to be a race issue. It is THE VERY LAST THING I want - I just think that it probably is, I can't fathom them attacking somebody from their own community – I simply can't fathom it, reasons as to why are explained in my previous posts.

I get that you can't get your head around it but it happens.

I seen 6 lads, all black youths, kicking lumps out of each other. God knows why, but it was vicious, and they all knew each other, or at least appeared to.

Furthermore, why they choose not to attack anyone they knew, it was more for fear of repercussions and being caught, than being about race. Like the attacked her because she was alone, vulnerable and they didnt know her.

I personally think its likely that they would attack someone black that they didnt know if they were equally as vulnerable.

But thats my take.

Scummers who attack people are just scum either way. The pick one whomever is easiest and convenient. If it was a white bodybuilder Id reckon they wouldnt chance it, if it was a nerdy, black lad alone with nice runners, theyd likely hop on him if they didnt know him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I think a lot of people have just become so frustrated with white people being accused of racism at every turn that they now see this attack as an opportunity to do it back.

Of course racism is a possibility but we have no evidence to back that claim up so it just remains a possibility. If she was robbed then we could probably say racism wasn’t a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Yes, its not a race issue, its a scumbag issue. 95% of the black/white/purple/orange communities think these people are scumbags.

But they will be free to do it again, as there are little if any consequences (if they are even caught).

It was clear after George got shot that the black community thought he was a fine man and a victim. I don't see the condemnation you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Vestiapx wrote: »
    It was clear after George got shot that the black community thought he was a fine man and a victim. I don't see the condemnation you see.

Thing is, he wasn’t, he was an unpredictable aggressive and violent nutjob with a weapon, who attacked people with it... fine man alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Here's latest research on Greentown.
    Greentown is a real but anonymised provincial locality in Ireland. It was selected for the study because it appeared to experience higher than normal incidences of serious crime by children, in particular burglary and drugs for sale and supply.

One point to note as well is that 3% of children are responsible for 50% of all youth crime. Solutions are not easy but there are some in this article.

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2021/0120/1190902-crime-gangs-children-members-ireland-greentown-bluetown-redtown/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

If it was a black girl who was attacked by 3 white lads it would be much bigger news.

I wasn't an angle growing up myself but if anybody in our group ever done something like that we'd would deal with him.
    Fact that 3 of these animals attacked her laughing while the done says it all.
    She done very well to defend herself.
    I carry a weapon at all times now myself and wouldn't hesitate to defend myself by using it if I was forced to

Better to be judged by twelve

than carried by six

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

If it was a black girl who was attacked by 3 white lads it would be much bigger news.

I wasn't an angle growing up myself but if anybody in our group ever done something like that we'd would deal with him.
    Fact that 3 of these animals attacked her laughing while the done says it all.
    She done very well to defend herself.
    I carry a weapon at all times now myself and wouldn't hesitate to defend myself by using it if I was forced to

This is unfortunate but not surprising, have been threatened with assault numerous times, and even specifically been threatened to be stabbed twice (although neither person who made these threats actually produced a weapon, it had no other purpose than to force cooperation or instill fear imo), in the first instance of being threatened to be stabbed, I reported to the Gardai, basically told it was my word against the other person until something happened, at the time I was stunned and annoyed at the Gardai (although I wasn't overt about the latter). I came to understand what Id been told, while it seemed to be said lightly at the time and to me seemed to dismiss my complaint, the Gardai basically said they couldnt do anything about it until I had a knife sticking out of me, which amounts to them telling me their hands are tied and they have enough other stuff to do.
    What bothers me as that they refused to take a report of a complaint of the other threats made by same person, imo these could be used to build a picture of a scummy individual if/when another unconnected person makes a similar complaint.

I didnt even bother reporting the second threat to be stabbed, but I do carry a weapon with me as I consider it gives me leverage in knocking a weapon out of someones hand or restraining them, it also shows you are willing to do something similar to them as they are to you, invariably these scum will travel in packs so, really the first best option is to try avoid these situations or leg it rather than being a badly injured or dead statistic.

Unfortunately this is a consequence of how crime is not dealt with imo, I believe people have a right to defend themself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people have just become so frustrated with white people being accused of racism at every turn that they now see this attack as an opportunity to do it back.

Of course racism is a possibility but we have no evidence to back that claim up so it just remains a possibility. If she was robbed then we could probably say racism wasn’t a factor.

Agreed. If they are "doing it back" then they are just the same as what they allege the other side to be. Racism is a possibility as much as it is a possibility in any attack between different races. Concluding the attack was 100% a racist attack says a lot about the person doing it. Defending that irrational view by saying that if the races were reversed then people on the "other side" would be claiming it was about race just makes you as bad as those people. People like me in the middle who view things rationally can't really talk to either side and expect a rational discussion.

People like me in the middle who view things rationally can't really talk to either side and expect a rational discussion.

That's some inflated sense of self appreciation.

Anyway,

There is a lot to be said about the more recent trend of "white person bad" that you need to expect that there will be an element of jumping to conclusion when black gangs attack a white woman.

This is promoted and exacerbated by the media and twitterati sjws who support the "white privilege" narrative that has been so prevalent in society.

You only have to see the video of the people shouting abuse at people who were locked in a ship. Abuse for the colour of their skin.

Is it fair to assume that every attack by black people on a white person is racist. No. Is it surprising? Definitely no.

That's some inflated sense of self appreciation.

Anyway,

There is a lot to be said about the more recent trend of "white person bad" that you need to expect that there will be an element of jumping to conclusion when black gangs attack a white woman.

This is promoted and exacerbated by the media and twitterati sjws who support the "white privilege" narrative that has been so prevalent in society.

You only have to see the video of the people shouting abuse at people who were locked in a ship. Abuse for the colour of their skin.

Is it fair to assume that every attack by black people on a white person is racist. No. Is it surprising? Definitely no.

Whats teh bolded part in reference to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

beakerjoe wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Id say it is in reference to the incident in Blanchardstown where the shop where an incident occurred in the previous day, the shutters were pulled down/locked, supposedly to protect staff and shoppers inside as there was allegedly (recorded) threats from people outside, many of the same (or similar) racial background as the person who allegedly assaulted an employee the day previously.
    It didnt get that much attention nationally, you might not have heard about it, if you live in a cave (thats a joke, not a racist comment).

Oh right, it was the mispelling shop that threw me.

Visuals of the Titanic going down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Racism.

The post said abuse at a shio. Not shop. Hence my confusion.

The post said abuse at a shio. Not shop. Hence my confusion.

The context and the rest of the post would least most people to realise I was referring to the recent incident which had people shouting abuse at white people for being white.

But thankfully your typo proves that it's quite easy to mistype or to be autocorrected yet the message can still be clear to those who critically think.

The context and the rest of the post would least most people to realise I was referring to the recent incident which had people shouting abuse at white people for being white.

But thankfully your typo proves that it's quite easy to mistype or to be autocorrected yet the message can still be clear to those who critically think.

I genuinely didnt connect the dots.

• Advertisement

I genuinely didnt connect the dots.

Fair enough. Genuinely thought you were being purposefully obtuse.

I'll take your word for it.

No harm no foul.

Fair enough. Genuinely thought you were being purposefully obtuse.

I'll take your word for it.

No harm no foul.
    Genuinely wasnt. Sure look at my posts previous to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

1874 wrote: »
    This is unfortunate but not surprising, have been threatened with assault numerous times, and even specifically been threatened to be stabbed twice (although neither person who made these threats actually produced a weapon, it had no other purpose than to force cooperation or instill fear imo), in the first instance of being threatened to be stabbed, I reported to the Gardai, basically told it was my word against the other person until something happened, at the time I was stunned and annoyed at the Gardai (although I wasn't overt about the latter). I came to understand what Id been told, while it seemed to be said lightly at the time and to me seemed to dismiss my complaint, the Gardai basically said they couldnt do anything about it until I had a knife sticking out of me, which amounts to them telling me their hands are tied and they have enough other stuff to do.
    What bothers me as that they refused to take a report of a complaint of the other threats made by same person, imo these could be used to build a picture of a scummy individual if/when another unconnected person makes a similar complaint.

I didnt even bother reporting the second threat to be stabbed, but I do carry a weapon with me as I consider it gives me leverage in knocking a weapon out of someones hand or restraining them, it also shows you are willing to do something similar to them as they are to you, invariably these scum will travel in packs so, really the first best option is to try avoid these situations or leg it rather than being a badly injured or dead statistic.

Unfortunately this is a consequence of how crime is not dealt with imo, I believe people have a right to defend themself

You do of course. And there are any number of effective weapons that have high levels of 'deniability'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

So you're making up a situation where made up woke people are crying "human rights" at a made up situation where people are sent off to a made up Gulag.
    I love these threads.
    These bloody wokeists wont even let us have forced labour camps, I'm sick of this world!!

....right, you are horrified at the thought of forced labour but perfectly happy to allow thugs to continue getting away with stabbing people? What is your solution? More "educatuon"? Tell that to the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The_Brood wrote: »
    ....right, you are horrified at the thought of forced labour but perfectly happy to allow thugs to continue getting away with stabbing people? What is your solution? More "educatuon"? Tell that to the victims.

Education won't work , they don't have a care in the world ,and it's comes down to were acting like this because of racism ,it comes from there community and parents /extended families ,
    Once the gangs become ingrained here expect to see a massive increase in gang stabbings and killings exactly whats being seen in cities across the UK and elsewhere

https://www.thejournal.ie/boy-abuse-ifsc-stabbing-court-5416288-Apr2021/

Case wont be heard until May. The abuse the boy shouts at the end tells me he isnt remorseful in the slightest. I imagine it was aimed at the judge. An example needs to be made of this lad.
    As the teen got up to leave he shouted, “****ing dirty ratbag tramp”.

He probably smoked weed and his parents weren't nice to him so he's the real victim in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What an absolute evil bastard....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Absolute scum

• Advertisement

Like he stabbed a woman to death..... a family are now without their mother, wife, sister...... and he shows zero remorse (though Im sure his brief will argue he does when hes charged with murder).

Whats the most likely sentence here? Whatever it is, Im certain it will be more lenient than the little murderer deserves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement