Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

Lux23 wrote: »
    You see, it is the hinting that bothers me. If you're going to make allegations like that at least just come out and say it. Boards.ie really needs to sort out its house because it is a cesspit of apologists at the moment.

Look! I fixed the post

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nonsense. When I was a teenager, we hung around on street corners because that is what teens do. None of us grew up to be criminals apart from a few scumbags that were always heading in that direction. The only difference is now some of those teens have darker skin and that is enough to criminalise a young person these days.
    Yes and no. We always had our own homegrown scumbags(across class barriers too) and our own homegrown underclass with social problems, however we imported an underclass over the last twenty years, one with extra social issues on top. And yes racism is certainly a part of that. However across Europe the same patterns emerge and are consistent patterns too. Those of Black African backgrounds are more likely to be at the bottom of the social hierarchy and top of the criminality stats than the majority White(and East Asian) population and this is in play down the generations too. These are facts, uncomfortable though they are. And again I agree 100% racism is a large part of that, but that's not going away anytime soon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Is it because she’s white?

She smokes to which is kinda bad

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yes and no. We always had our own homegrown scumbags(across class barriers too) and our own homegrown underclass with social problems, however we imported an underclass over the last twenty years, one with extra social issues on top. And yes racism is certainly a part of that. However across Europe the same patterns emerge and are consistent patterns too. Those of Black African backgrounds are more likely to be at the bottom of the social hierarchy and top of the criminality stats than the majority White(and East Asian) population and this is in play down the generations too. These are facts, uncomfortable though they are. And again I agree 100% racism is a large part of that, but that's not going away anytime soon.

Well said.. i was going to post something close to this but thought id be accused of racism.. it is factual... just because its factual doesn't make it racism

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ah well if you grew up in the countryside, it is not surprising the most exciting thing that ever happened to you was when a cop car arrived up the lane! Are those same county lanes swarming with gangs now?
    It's almost entirely an urban issue and that again is repeated throughout Europe. Rural areas have different issues and different demographics more likely to be involved in criminality and other social issues. EG Travellers here, Roma in Europe.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Well said.. i was going to post something close to this but thought id be accused of racism.. it is factual... just because its factual doesn't make it racism
    Until a society can fully acknowledge a problem, society has zero hope of ever trying to fix it.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It looks like they dont have the balls to say it was black lads but put the blood thing in there so you can figure it out yourself.
    Very likely, but not a given. There are plenty of examples in other nations, the UK for example where Whites emulate the street slang of Black culture. Though in this case I suspect the addition of the "gang slang" in the article is there as a hint, or dogwhistle depending on one's position.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

biko wrote: »
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-mum-attacked-teens-balbriggan-19642463

Ireland is sadly following in UKs footsteps.

Lengthy prison sentences, and deportation where applicable, is the only way to stem the tide of violence heading our way.

Where do we deport the gangs of white teenagers all around Clondalkin village to?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Where do we deport the gangs of white teenagers all around Clondalkin village to?

To their nation of origin if applicable, you're not assuming that all of those who commit crimes worthy of deportation are black are ya?

Mod: Banned

Whichever neighbourhoods the Judges live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Sadly we have to keep them, doesnt mean we should keep the ones we can deport though

How do you propose to deport Irish teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Ah no need to be harsher with them, going by what's happening in this country she will be charged with assault for pushing them if her.

All they need is hugs and if one of them dies during an attack we can have rally and protests for the poor little boys

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It looks like they dont have the balls to say it was black lads but put the blood thing in there so you can figure it out yourself.

How is knowing they were black going to help find them without any other details?:confused:

piplip87 wrote: »
    Ah no need to be harsher with them, going by what's happening in this country she will be charged with assault for pushing them if her.

All they need is hugs and if one of them dies during an attack we can have rally and protests for the poor little boys

There was a conviction last week of some guy who dragged a kid to the local guards station after he tried to kick in his dads door...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Teens these days, I haven't got a clue what's up with them. Too many of them think they can be the next 'Joker' or 'Penguin'* or something like that.
    * a nod to the 'Batman' movies.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Speculation of ethnicity of perps are going to get this thread locked, they were scumbags, my point was whoever they are they should be tried as adults if they are under 18, the fact they were laughing is quite disturbing, its as if they now they wont get in trouble for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Black teens going around stabbing people. I’m shocked. Looking at where they are from I thought they’d be a peaceful people.#

Mod: Banned

Babies making babies, no father figure for guidance so the law of the jungle applies. Inevitably fall between the cracks of society and resort to petty delinquency as a trivial distraction, many of whom graduate to full-time criminality and the clink when they reach adulthood. I have zero sympathy for these feral scrotes, milking the system for all its worth and treating time behind bars like a holiday camp. Reform has to manifest in the judiciary system, otherwise we'll have many repeat stories of those caught in the crossfire by scumbags looking for giggles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Its not teens, its a specific class of teens , living in bad areas and obsessed with the UK top boy / grime gang culture , canada goose jackets, carrying knives, selling drugs

Innit fam

Why don't you say what you really mean? You mean you think they're black.

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Why don't you say what you really mean? You mean you think they're black.
    Using gang culture slang, knife attack, in Balbriggan? They could be White, highly unlikely to be Asian and more likely to be Black yes. Are we afraid to state this now? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

And it's hardly a new thing for kids to ape other cultures from people on the edges of society. We had teddy boys, skinheads etc in Ireland too - copying what they do in England.
    Never mind that your Sorchas and Sadhbs talk like they're from the San Fernando Valley ffs.

attacks like this on a woman are sick, doesn't matter who or what the perps look like, they should be harsher sentences for teens who commit more serious crimes. Might encourage others at the age to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ballbriggan is a shlt hole. I'm sure there are lots and lots of good folk, but a high percentage of scum, also.

And it's hardly a new thing for kids to ape other cultures from people on the edges of society. We had teddy boys, skinheads etc in Ireland too - copying what they do in England.
    Never mind that your Sorchas and Sadhbs talk like they're from the San Fernando Valley ffs.
    true enough. IIRC the biggest market in the US for Rap music is White middle class suburbanites. Do not get me started on the Sorchas and their cringe Yank accents. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is this your whole life though? Worrying about immigrants and black people?
    I assume you're middle aged, or there or thereabouts, you wont be around for much longer, life is short. I suggest you just let it go and try appreciating what you have in life instead of worrying about immigrants taking your money or whatever it is that is the root cause of your insecurities.

Im barely 30 , is that middle aged now ha. Nothing wrong with caring about the problems in your country, criminality, the welfare class and non eu migration are all our biggest issues in ireland, its not wrong to care about them

All of it sad and wrong, but marble mouth sorcha isnt going round knifing people

But her brother fiachra might have killed some other young man outside an up market niteclub.

Seriously, there are some really obsessed people on boards.
    Everybody can commit crimes, not everyone does, but everyone can. Doesn't matter a sh1t what the colour of their skin, or religion, or country of origin.

A scumbag is a scumbag and should be arrested and charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Until a society can fully acknowledge a problem, society has zero hope of ever trying to fix it.
    And to acknowledge the problem, it needs to be freely discussed. Only then can solutions be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

The woman is on with Andrian Kenneday on 98fm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Using gang culture slang, knife attack, in Balbriggan? They could be White, highly unlikely to be Asian and more likely to be Black yes. Are we afraid to state this now? :confused:

They're as likely to be white as black.

In Balbriggan - sure, they're more likely to be black than if this happened in, say, Westport. But they're as likely to be white as any other part of Dublin - I've been beaten up 3 times in my life by other white Irish people, it's not limited to or a speciality of black people.

I'm not saying they weren't black, I'm saying it is not relevant. The fact that people are jumping on "they were obviously black, and therefore that's the problem" shows the pre-occupation with race here. Their skin colour is irrelevant.

And, with the greatest respect to you Wibbs, before you counter that people aren't saying "being black is the problem", read Eric Cartman's first post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Kivaro wrote: »
    And to acknowledge the problem, it needs to be freely discussed. Only then can solutions be found.

It's not a matter of ethnicity it's a matter of kids in certain areas get up to no good. They are the children of immigrants who aren't doctors or lawyers yes, but they're here now and that's just how it is.
    The local gurriers where I live are all white, there are 2 black families in my cul de sac and the teenage lads seem to keep themselves to themselves and are quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

heard plenty of stories of kids like this being picked up by the guards and brought home to parents and the parents threatening the guards for abusing their kids... if parents don't respect law and order hard for kids to have much chance of it

On that program 'Inside the K' a child of about ten was brought home by the Guards late at night after abusing a shop worker, you could hear the mother say 'you're in for the night now', imagine that being the only deterent. If I'd have brought the Guards to my door as a child I'd have been killed and eaten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement