Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hard labour is too good for these

I'd imagine people would be telling us about their human rights and forced labour if it was even considered for dealing with there feral thugs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd imagine people would be telling us about their human rights and forced labour if it was even considered for dealing with there feral thugs

They wouldn't work on batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

How dare she go the Guards, id say she would not have done that if they were white. She doesnt know about the lived experience of being a Black person in Ireland....:rolleyes:

Funny how you never hear about those roving East Asian/Polish gangs, its almost as if some cultures are less compatible with Irish society.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Effects wrote: »
    So you want us to believe that an overstretched Garda force, had detectives working 24/7, to watch over a priest for no reason other than intimidation? Pull the other one.

“Where’s the proof, I want to see the proof, you’re making it up!”
    Ah Ted are you carrying your ****e over from where your banned

Mod:

Don't start this crap again here please or you'll both be removed from the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Don't start this crap again here please or you'll both be removed from the thread.

Sorry necro shouldn't have reacted .

I'll ignore and carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

How do we know these 3 were "black"/"new Irish" etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Odhinn wrote: »

The lady said so herself on radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

She said so......

Also the Journal closed comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

She described them as black on a radio show earlier.
    Doubt if the mainstream media in Ireland will report on that aspect of it though. To identify the perpetrators and to help with their apprehension, if they were white then they should say so, if black, likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

There is loads of them in Balbriggan and Tyrrelstown.

The new Brixtons and Broadwater Farm estates of the future.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The lady said so herself on radio

What radio show was this ?

Fair play to her. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's a term commonly used by racists to describe people of African origin

No it isn't. Beasty has in the past even clarified this having done his own research. This just another example of how the racism card gets played incessantly

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

It does seem like the mainstream media has censored a lot about this but maybe I just haven't paid attention enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

And those crying "human rights" should themselves been throwing in a forced labor camp. Wokeists know absolutely nothing about actual human rights abuses around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The_Brood wrote: »
    And those crying "human rights" should themselves been throwing in a forced labor camp. Wokeists know absolutely nothing about actual human rights abuses around the world.

So you're making up a situation where made up woke people are crying "human rights" at a made up situation where people are sent off to a made up Gulag.
    I love these threads.
    These bloody wokeists wont even let us have forced labour camps, I'm sick of this world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

But again why does it matter what race these scrotes are?

Well it might be a potential hate crime? If it was a gang of white guys attacking a black woman you can be sure the assailants colour and victims colour would be in the news headlines and discussed heavily as a potential motive for the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Until problems are acknowledged and addressed it will keep getting worse ,theses gangs are running amok and getting away with it because if they are challenged by people or the gardai the gangs and their families label all involved as racist,
    There was a priest in tallaght years ago who fought to bring drug addiction supports and gardai awareness to the problem ,the chief superintendent in tallaght made a public statement that there was no drug problem in tallaght ,
    The same priest then gave an interview to the media where he compared the youth of parts of tallaght to the black youth of apparite South Africa ,
    For a a number years after the interview he was followed and had special branch detectives sit outside the parish house 24/7 ,
    Why because he was right and we had a massive drug problem.

Here we have gangs running amok and anyone challenges them they are labelled as racists ,on social media ,the guards are powerless hands are being tied with be labelled racist for making arrests ,the parents of these scrotes are labelling the guards as racist, teachers and principals are being labelled as racists for challenging bad behaviour by both students and their parents ,
    It's this total denial by a handful of woke idealists who don't want a discussion of any kind taking place ,
    Things will end up like Manchester, Liverpool , London Birmingham , Rotherham with Black or Muslim groups who cannot be challenged or stopped for fear of being labelled racist,

I think what causes polarisation of views, is when people know the truth and the mainstream try supress and deny it, when you cant discuss problems or challenge wrong doing or those people cant be punished, the woke pc-ness has gone too far. I know it has when I agree with a poster I wouldnt normally agree with, the Russians you so dislike would never tolerate this nonsense, I think theyd go in a sort it out one way or the other, the States on the other hand is replete with woke extremism.

If these problems continue to not be challenged, everything worsens for everyone, Im wondering who benefits? someone does.
    IMO weak politcal leadership, which isnt new to this Govt, hand in hand with vested interests in an industry of support services, inefficient state services and a poor performing judiciary are responsible, but someone somewhere is cleaning up

In the meantime, we are getting walked over, If a political party came into being that wasnt extreme but said, were going to build a prison on a new site somewhere and start locking up criminals, no more revolving door and that it was true, how would that not be viable?

1874 wrote: »
    the States on the other hand is replete with woke extremism.

Don't they have one of the highest prison populations in the world and their police often shoot people willy nilly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This is why we voted back in 2004 to close the loophole.

We already had enough scumbags of our own at the time now we have second generation imported ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

No it isn't. Beasty has in the past even clarified this having done his own research. This just another example of how the racism card gets played incessantly

Yes my friend it is.

The term "new Irish" was originally coined to describe people from all over the world who have made Ireland their home in the last few decades. All different shades of colours from all continents. It never ever meant only one colour from one continent. Google the term New Irish. Look back at the original articles from years ago when this term was coined. Try find a single mainstream reputable newspaper article where New Irish refers to only one race & one colour.

In recent years racists on Twitter, Boards etc have adopted the term "new Irish" to describe Black African /Irish. An Indian, Chinese, Polish, Brazilian etc are all New Irish. Its not a black thing. White people can be New Irish.

If you mean African /Irish then say it. It's not offensive or racist. Not knowing what New Irish actually means isn't a good enough excuse for it to be used for racist reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

+1 I thought the "new irish" thing covered just about everybody that arrived in the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Well it might be a potential hate crime? If it was a gang of white guys attacking a black woman you can be sure the assailants colour and victims colour would be in the news headlines and discussed heavily as a potential motive for the attack.

The sh*t would hit the fan. Various politicians would be climbing across each other to get to the TV microphones.

Don't they have one of the highest prison populations in the world and their police often shoot people willy nilly?

the US is an extreme example alright, they have questionable private prisons, liky eun for profit. On the other hand they have huge social problems and it should be no surprise they have a huge prison population. The larger that is, the bigger the problem is to deal with and the greater the cost.
    There are peoplehere whos familys arrived to country where there is an option to lift anyone out of poverty, its called education, its the 1st foremost system to raise a society and anyone in it up, the opportunities for.anyone in a disadvantaged position are fantastic in this country compared to others, thats not to say it is easy. I wouldnt consider myself wealthy by any means but looking back my siblings and I grew up in poverty, and others were worse off than we were despite them having both parents.
    imo rehab should be part and parcel of prison, but 3 lads who stab at a woman, towards her face or in anyway (but I include violence towards males) should not be allowed walk the streets, prison is for people dangerous to society, reform inside with rehab or stay there.
    I can only imagine what these sorts were like in school, no doubt troublesome nightmares for a school.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's a term commonly used by racists to describe people of African origin
    Yes my friend it is.

The term "new Irish" was originally coined to describe people from all over the world who have made Ireland their home in the last few decades. All different shades of colours from all continents. It never ever meant only one colour from one continent. Google the term New Irish. Look back at the original articles from years ago when this term was coined. Try find a single mainstream reputable newspaper article where New Irish refers to only one race & one colour.

In recent years racists on Twitter, Boards etc have adopted the term "new Irish" to describe Black African /Irish. An Indian, Chinese, Polish, Brazilian etc are all New Irish. Its not a black thing. White people can be New Irish.

If you mean African /Irish then say it. It's not offensive or racist. Not knowing what New Irish actually means isn't a good enough excuse for it to be used for racist reasons.
    +1 I thought the "new irish" thing covered just about everybody that arrived in the last 20 years.

Mod:

None of this is on topic. Not even remotely. Can we stick to the topic at hand please. If you want to discuss the origins and/or meaning of 'new Irish' please go to the appropriate thread. And please don't call posters racist. It's uncivil and not helpful in terms of discussion. Report posts you feel are racist and move on rather than engaging.

Again we seem to be incapable of actually discussing the subject matter in the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Considering how generous Social welfare is in this country compared to London its to be expected that many of these London postcode black gangs will want to live here ,
    Rent paid in decent apartment/house and generous weekly payout in Dublin and never have to worry about looking for a job v
    Crap small bedsit/studio in London and miserable weekly dole and threat of been cut off every week you dont engage with job centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anyone see that Special Forces show that was on last year where people are put through insane army training in the middle of nowhere? Can we send these little scrotes to something like this? Might put some f**king manners on them.

I used to think that I was incorrect, in a conclusion I came to, I couldnt understand in situations that required a certain response to deal with problems, that then werent,
    Not dealing with problems is either laziness/lack of knowledge or a lack of Will to fix things OR its intentional.
    It suits a lot of people imo for a situation/system to be in chaos.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Anyone see that Special Forces show that was on last year where people are put through insane army training in the middle of nowhere? Can we send these little scrotes to something like this? Might put some f**king manners on them.

was this an Irish army thing? these scrotes dont need to be pandered to and I wouldnt let them near any specifc training, how about hard labour in prison and no luxuries.
    Modern militarys need willing, able, volunteers, most of all, they dont need criminals.

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Considering how generous Social welfare is in this country compared to London its to be expected that many of these London postcode black gangs will want to live here ,
    Rent paid in decent apartment/house and generous weekly payout in Dublin and never have to worry about looking for a job v
    Crap small bedsit/studio in London and miserable weekly dole and threat of been cut off every week you dont engage with job centre.

what the holy f*ck are you on about?

• Advertisement

1874 wrote: »
    was this an Irish army thing? these scrotes dont need to be pandered to and I wouldnt let them near any specifc training, how about hard labour in prison and no luxuries.
    Modern militarys need willing, able, volunteers, most of all, they dont need criminals.

What's the point in going on about fantasies that will never happen?
    Do you have any realistic solutions for dealing with youth crime?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement