Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

1874 wrote: »
    was this an Irish army thing? these scrotes dont need to be pandered to and I wouldnt let them near any specifc training, how about hard labour in prison and no luxuries.
    Modern militarys need willing, able, volunteers, most of all, they dont need criminals.

Not actually put them in the forces, subject them to a harsh regime of training. Basic food, basic conditions, teach them about respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Basic food, basic conditions and a harsh regime of training. This may bring them out tougher than when they went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Basic food, basic conditions and a harsh regime of training. This may bring them out tougher than when they went in.

The current system of suspended sentences or cushy prisons isn’t exactly a deterrent either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Yes my friend it is.

The term "new Irish" was originally coined to describe people from all over the world who have made Ireland their home in the last few decades. All different shades of colours from all continents. It never ever meant only one colour from one continent. Google the term New Irish. Look back at the original articles from years ago when this term was coined. Try find a single mainstream reputable newspaper article where New Irish refers to only one race & one colour.

In recent years racists on Twitter, Boards etc have adopted the term "new Irish" to describe Black African /Irish. An Indian, Chinese, Polish, Brazilian etc are all New Irish. Its not a black thing. White people can be New Irish.

If you mean African /Irish then say it. It's not offensive or racist. Not knowing what New Irish actually means isn't a good enough excuse for it to be used for racist reasons.

What are you getting at? You correctly describe new Irish as being anyone from anywhere outside of Ireland that have now made Ireland their home, correctly referencing how this is how the was used by 'mainstream' papers, and yet at the same time are proclaiming it is a term used by racists? Which is it exactly?

The term new irish is still used from time to time by 'mainstream' papers, and still has it's original intended meaning, regardless of whatever ****e you've read on Twitter.

Here is an article from May last year in TheJournal, not exactly known as a racist publication using the term in the sub-heading.

https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-citizenship-ceremonies-5000-5029419-Mar2020/

As I've stated, this topic has come up before and it was found to not be a 'racist' term. I suggest you delete Twitter as clearly it is colouring your thinking.

EDIT: Just saw the mod warning I will drop this so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

What's the point in going on about fantasies that will never happen?
    Do you have any realistic solutions for dealing with youth crime?

Tell us the solutions being implemented at national level by anyone please ? There are none because no one wants to know ! Show us any deterrent by our justice system for young teens to go out and mug someone by knife point or smash up a bus stop or burn down a historic tree etc etc. I’m sorry, but if you think serious anti social behaviour is not a problem here then you’re very naive and an answer of its always been here is not a solution so don’t bother saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Vermin like this need to be put down on the spot. I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing stories like this week after week. These degenerate scum bags offer nothing of value to society. Not only do they not add anything of value they actively detract from anyone who has the misfortune of living anywhere near them. It's absolutely sickening and really makes me think twice about rearing children here.

There should be massive incentives to prevent the absolute scum of society from having children. I'm sorry it's harsh but it's an absolute fact that excluding the occasional outlier, most children born to these degenerates are going to follow in their footsteps.

As if it isn't bad enough with our own we certainly don't need to be importing plane loads of them from other countries on top of that.

Threadbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

EDIT: Just saw the mod warning I will drop this so.

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Does anyone here raise this stuff straight and direct when local politicians come knocking? Does anyone here flag their interest in this kind of stuff to politicians before they are knocking?
    Look at your local politicians, identify which of them should represent a firmer and more robust approach for dealing with immigrant crime, immigrant gangs and ghettoisation of towns.
    If you don't directly raise it they focus on other things and let the soft of head types dictate stupid policies.

Does anyone here raise this stuff straight and direct when local politicians come knocking? Does anyone here flag their interest in this kind of stuff to politicians before they are knocking?
    Look at your local politicians, identify which of them should represent a firmer and more robust approach for dealing with immigrant crime, immigrant gangs and ghettoisation of towns.
    If you don't directly raise it they focus on other things and let the soft of head types dictate stupid policies.

Why would you just complain about immigrant crime? Surely all crime needs to be dealt with tougher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

In recent years racists on Twitter, Boards etc have adopted the term "new Irish" to describe Black African /Irish. An Indian, Chinese, Polish, Brazilian etc are all New Irish. Its not a black thing. White people can be New Irish.

It was, however, started by the left. It was then adopted in an ironic tone.to refer to all sorts of yahoos on society's margins who are essentially Irish by passport only. Same as Pavee Point banged on for years about respecting traveller culture. Then, when a news story is posted featuring behavior that seldom to never happens among any other community (sulky accidents, roofing scams, brawls in hospital waiting rooms) people will add an ironic "culture boss" comment.

Same happens when people comment "new to the parish eh" under a story about a foreign rapist or whatever. It's just a wee jab at Sorcha Pollak and her puff pieces that often feature asylum seekers with such a sense of entitlement that they readily admit in the articles that they are not fleeing any danger in the homeland and that the asylum system was simply the easiest migration mechanism to use.

It's just a wee jibe to wind up the sensitive. Nothing to get excited about :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone here raise this stuff straight and direct when local politicians come knocking? Does anyone here flag their interest in this kind of stuff to politicians before they are knocking? Look at your local politicians, identify which of them should represent a firmer and more robust approach for dealing with immigrant crime, immigrant gangs and ghettoisation of towns. If you don't directly raise it they focus on other things and let the soft of head types dictate stupid policies.

I'm in the Dublin 5 area and we've had difficulty with gangs using the DART to cause mayhem all along the DART. We have engaged with the Gardai & local politicians over the last few years with good success. We didn't engage with them about immigrants, migrants or discus anyone's skin colour. You see we wanted all the trouble to stop. We wanted the white Irish stopped causing mayhem as much as any other nationalities. The issue was crime and not the colour of their skin.

I don't get the race thing. It's a horrible crime and this poor lady had the fright of her life. The colour of their skin doesn't make it a worse crime. This type of crime has been going on in Dublin city all my life. In the 80s junkies (White Irish) put dirty needles up to people's neck claiming they had Aids. These attacks would not be more terrible if the attacker wasn't white. These terrible crimes go on every day of the week. It's funny how there aren't threads on boards about these crimes carried out by white people. I have never seen a poster ask why no description because we want to help Gardai identify them, when the attacker is white. Never.

No matter what colour they are it's a terrible crime. If /when convicted they deserve a long sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's funny how there aren't threads on boards about these crimes carried out by white people. I have never seen a poster ask why no description because we want to help Gardai identify them, when the attacker is white. Never.

That's a lie .

There has been plenty of threads on various gangs and criminals over the last near 15 years ive been on boards,from drugs , rapists ,killers .
    All the descriptions on these gangs were allowed to see is based on LA and London street gangs ,
    A bit odd description of violent criminals .
    The difference is people crying about the far right and racists to get the discussion closed down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Can end this thread with 2 words..,,,,

Suspended Sentence

Gatling wrote:
    There has been plenty of threads on various gangs and criminals over the last near 15 years ive been on boards,from drugs , rapists ,killers . All the descriptions on these gangs were allowed to see is based on LA and London street gangs , A bit odd description of violent criminals . The difference is people crying about the far right and racists to get the discussion closed down .

I'm not talking about 15 years ago. I'm talking now. The vast majority of crime, violent or otherwise is by white Irish yet the vast majority of of these threads are not about white Irish crime. Well with the exception of travellers but crime by travellers is still much smaller than crime by non travellers. All crime is bad. It should be reported & if convicted should be punished. I just don't understand the mentally of the joy of many posters when it is African Irish. Many seem to actually want it to be African Irish at fault. They would be very disappointed when it turns out to be white Irish.

Crime is crime. Colour doesn't make it worse or better.

I'm not talking about 15 years ago. I'm talking now. The vast majority of crime, violent or otherwise is by white Irish yet the vast majority

Am I'm not talking about 15 years ago then , in-between ,now
    The vast majority of crime commited by white Irish ,but wait the population is majority white Irish no surprise there ,
    But yet the prison population is near 20% non nationals
    And the gangs are all still running amok on the dart ,Luas and else where ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'm not talking about 15 years ago. I'm talking now. The vast majority of crime, violent or otherwise is by white Irish yet the vast majority of of these threads are not about white Irish crime. Well with the exception of travellers but crime by travellers is still much smaller than crime by non travellers. All crime is bad. It should be reported & if convicted should be punished. I just don't understand the mentally of the joy of many posters when it is African Irish. Many seem to actually want it to be African Irish at fault. They would be very disappointed when it turns out to be white Irish.

Crime is crime. Colour doesn't make it worse or better.

You're skirting over the fact that we are stuck with our own indigenous criminals and have to sort that out.
    However importing more, willingly is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My cousin is dying to get out of balbriggan. Gorgeous house, only I know her I wouldn’t believe half of the stuff, mad... but there are not one... but ‘gangs’ operating there....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Strumms wrote: »
    My cousin is dying to get out of balbriggan. Gorgeous house, only I know her I wouldn’t believe half of the stuff, mad... but there are not one... but ‘gangs’ operating there....

Ah sure, didn't Pat Kenny tell us there were no gangs there. :rolleyes:

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Age of responsibility should be lowered if anything. Little scumbags protected by all aspects of the judicial system.

The article suggests late teens.

The age of Criminal responsibility is 12!

Colour does make it worse when Ireland allowed thousands of non-EU citizens into the country and they or their offspring turn around and bite the hand that feeds them. You don't see teenage wannabe Chinese triad gangs. Some cultures just fit in better.

If you think triads don't operate here, your naive.

You also need to read up on Irish gangs abroad since the colonies were started.

• Advertisement

Are you having a laugh crime by travellers is smaller than crime by non travellers ?

Around 70 percent of the prison population is non travellers, white Irish. The vast majority of threads on boards about crime relate to travellers & African Irish. What these statics are saying is that people on boards have little interest in talking about white Irish crime but relish threads about African Irish and travellers

Gatling wrote:
    Am I'm not talking about 15 years ago then , in-between ,now The vast majority of crime commited by white Irish ,but wait the population is majority white Irish no surprise there , But yet the prison population is near 20% non nationals And the gangs are all still running amok on the dart ,Luas and else where ,

As your friend above you are both missing the point. If 70 percent of the prison population is white Irish then should 70 percent of the threads on crime not be about white Irish. Instead 90 percent of the crime threads on boards are about the 30 percent minority, travellers & non white Irish. You can't see that the amount of threads on African Irish is way out of proportion to the percentage of crime committed? There is a not so silent agenda being push here on boards & twitter.

If these scumbags are convicted then they should be punished hard. But the colour of their skin doesn't /shouldn't alter that fact. It's the crime they may have committed not their race that is the issue

eviltwin wrote: »
    Not actually put them in the forces, subject them to a harsh regime of training. Basic food, basic conditions, teach them about respect.

And provide them with military training in weapons and tactics. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

statesaver wrote: »
    Ah sure, didn't Pat Kenny tell us there were no gangs there. :rolleyes:

Yes, I’d trust a fella living 60 minutes away in a gated mansion in Dalkey.....he’s very likely to have his finger on the pulse.

Colour does make it worse when Ireland allowed thousands of non-EU citizens into the country and they or their offspring turn around and bite the hand that feeds them. You don't see teenage wannabe Chinese triad gangs. Some cultures just fit in better.

We've had Triad gangs in Dublin. It's quite a while ago now but we had a night of all out war in Dublin city centre. All sorts of weapons including meat cleavers used. Blood had to be hosed off the street by Dublin fire bragade

Around 70 percent of the prison population is non travellers, white Irish. The vast majority of threads on boards about crime relate to travellers & African Irish.

That's false claiming there has been no threads discussing crime by white Irish on boards

Actually combine they make up something like 30 or 40% of the prisoner population here ,
    Again you claimed that there was no threads about white Irish gangs or criminals here yet though close 15 + years there has been numerous of threads discussing crime and gangs here .
    You claim that you've had or they had great success with crime and gangs on the dart yet regular reports are telling us gangs are running amok unimpeded on both the dart and Luas , making parts of both no go areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

What these statics are saying is that people on boards have little interest in talking about white Irish crime but relish threads about African Irish and travellers

I think it is more that if this woman had been killed, the Coppingers and the Smiths and all the rest of them who are so vocal about violence against women wouldn't say a word about this incident. It isn't so much the offender as to the lack of outrage from the normally perennially outraged. When that ISIS inspired Egyptian ran amok in Dundalk Ruth Coppinger shared an article about the Catholic Church. One man murdered by a man roaring Allah Akbar and Ruth thought the best way to deflect was to post an article about a religion that has held no real grip on our society in nearly 40 years.

I seem to remember a gang of scumbags ripped a hijab off a girl in Dundrum or Windy Arbour.

I remember a Chinese woman got pushed into a canal at Ashtown by a gang of scumbags.

A black woman allegedly got served a ribena in a wine glass when she asked for a wine.

An asylum seeker didn't like the quality of the brunch they received in a DP centre on Christmas Day.

A knife wielding maniac was gunned down in a videoed situation that could not be classed as anything other than justified homicide.

All of these incidents kicked off an absolute firestorm on Twitter among the perennially outraged.

I don't even have to look at Ruth or Brid or Paul's Twitter to tell you not one of them will have passed comment on a woman getting knifed.

Now, if the perpetrator had been a rugby player, or a straight white Irish male in general.....

You're skirting over the fact that we are stuck with our own indigenous criminals and have to sort that out. However importing more, willingly is just stupid.

So it's not the crime that bothers you. You just want the immigrants out. You want to kick out black Irish citizens (some are 2nd generation Irish) but leave the white criminals here. Ah I see where you are coming from now. I don't understand where you would deport Irish blacks to? I'm mean they are Irish. Born Irish. In many cases born to Irish citizens.

Around 70 percent of the prison population is non travellers, white Irish. The vast majority of threads on boards about crime relate to travellers & African Irish. What these statics are saying is that people on boards have little interest in talking about white Irish crime but relish threads about African Irish and travellers

As your friend above you are both missing the point. If 70 percent of the prison population is white Irish then should 70 percent of the threads on crime not be about white Irish. Instead 90 percent of the crime threads on boards are about the 30 percent minority, travellers & non white Irish. You can't see that the amount of threads on African Irish is way out of proportion to the percentage of crime committed? There is a not so silent agenda being push here on boards & twitter.

If these scumbags are convicted then they should be punished hard. But the colour of their skin doesn't /shouldn't alter that fact. It's the crime they may have committed not their race that is the issue

I find it difficult to believe that *you believe* what you appear to be saying here

If the instance of crime is several times higher in a select population than it is in the overall population that in itself is as big an arrow as you could wish for that attention and action are needed

Dont care whether the select population is gender, race, geography, class, settled/traveller

If you genuinely cannot see that that is the point then im not at all sure there could be much discussion had on the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

It's very odd for a country, people and culture that's constantly trumpets it's 'non Britishness' and takes umbrage and gives out when others mistake us for being British when the giant screaming example of what not to end up like is the bigger island an hours flight to the East.

Hardly a place we're unfamiliar with, we live over there, have friends and family there, get their telly, support their football clubs, just about all of us have been there many times.

Why would we want to turn a sleepy North Dublin commuter town into some dreadful area of London or Birmingham?

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote:
    Ah sure, didn't Pat Kenny tell us there were no gangs there.

No. The Garda superintendent told the pat Kenny show that there are no teenage gangs of any colour. He clearly explained that racists use the term gang to stir up hatred. Dog whistling I believe the Garda described it on pat Kenny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement