Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accountant

Options
  • 18-01-2021 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I do contract IT work as a sole trader, and am moving from the UK back to Ireland. One of my clients (UK based) is reluctant to renew my contract, due to upcoming UK tax law changes (IR35) - and is wary even with my return to Ireland.

I want to consult with an accountant, about the validity of contracting with an overseas company who work with the same client, so I can continue the current work through them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

AccQAcc wrote: »
    I do contract IT work as a sole trader, and am moving from the UK back to Ireland. One of my clients (UK based) is reluctant to renew my contract, due to upcoming UK tax law changes (IR35) - and is wary even with my return to Ireland.

I want to consult with an accountant, about the validity of contracting with an overseas company who work with the same client, so I can continue the current work through them.

The Startup Accountant are really sound people and always found them excellent. John or Glen should be able to advise you on the question.

They have a podcast and usually do a weekly Q&A on Instagram so you could try there.
    https://startupaccountant.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Protelos01

Is that the real MrGaryFox in the house?! Love the pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Protelos01 wrote: »
    Is that the real MrGaryFox in the house?! Love the pod.

Haha, this gave me a great laugh. Thanks so much for the kind comment. It's definitely me, no one else would want that title :D

Advertisement