Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 family members given vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Good one, you're as sharp as the needle needed to get the extra dose.....

Well, spill, you sputtering on defending nepotism and f##k knows what else, jumped the queue ,didnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

No, there was enough for a 6th dose, but they were only allowed give 5.

Wait H are you saying they did or did not know how much vaccine was in the vial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Seems to be turning into a bit of a witch hunt now with the Rotunda being dragged into it. I can understand, with no procedures being in place, how the Coombe did their best and, when left with 16 doses just hastily rang around family rather than waste it.

The mistake was the Master of the Coombe including his own children in that. Even if he'd rang his Uncle Bill, or elderly neighbours, or friend with underlying conditions it would probably have attracted little or no criticism. Very poor judgment, but at least he came out with his hands up and apologised unreservedly. I assume proper and transparent procedures are now in place and lessons have been learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, spill, you sputtering on defending nepotism and f##k knows what else, jumped the queue ,didnt you?

You got me, I actually literally skipped it, had to push an old lady down the stairs, couldn't call an ambulance in case they got the vaccine in front of me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Construction workers at University Hospital Kerry also got vaccinated ahead of HCWs now being reported.

• Advertisement

You got me, I actually literally skipped it, had to push an old lady down the stairs, couldn't call an ambulance in case they got the vaccine in front of me.....

I believe that, first believable thing you've said

is_that_so wrote: »
    Construction workers at University Hospital Kerry also got vaccinated ahead of HCWs now being reported.

All I can say is LOL if true.
    Allegedly, some builders working in University Hospital Kerry have been vaccinated. Yet the psychiatric services in Killarney are not even on a schedule," Ms Moloney said.

Think it's time to start billing anyone who gets it out of sequence, €500 seems around right

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

steddyeddy wrote: »
    All I can say is LOL if true.
    It's now a story with legs, one that could well have been largely avoided but here we are.

Wait H are you saying they did or did not know how much vaccine was in the vial?

Read the article, it explains it in words even you can understand.

• Advertisement

And in fairness they actually worked at the hospital. The head of the Coombe's son didn't and therefore was lower priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PO!NT

Seems to be turning into a bit of a witch hunt now with the Rotunda being dragged into it. I can understand, with no procedures being in place, how the Coombe did their best and, when left with 16 doses just hastily rang around family rather than waste it.

The mistake was the Master of the Coombe including his own children in that. Even if he'd rang his Uncle Bill, or elderly neighbours, or friend with underlying conditions it would probably have attracted little or no criticism. Very poor judgment, but at least he came out with his hands up and apologised unreservedly. I assume proper and transparent procedures are now in place and lessons have been learnt.

He came out because he was caught.

In fairness I think 99% of people are showing Faux outrage only because what happened in the Coombe and Rotunda and if investigated was probably around the country is not surprising.

This is not shocking, this is to be expected here.

Read the article, it explains it in words even you can understand.

It doesn't say that the HSE didn't know how much per vial. You seem to be suggesting they started using it and then said "oh look we have some left".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's now a story with legs, one that could well have been largely avoided but here we are.

My, who could have guessed that a system so clearly open to abuse has turned out to have been abused.

But sure nothing to see here, right...

It doesn't say that the HSE didn't know how much per vial. You seem to be suggesting they started using it and then said "oh look we have some left".

No one is saying that, the 6th dose always existed, but the approval was granted based on 5 doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

PO!NT wrote: »
    This is not shocking, this is to be expected here.

Its only one of the most important roll-outs in the entirety of human history, a vaccine to the virus that has destroyed peoples lives in the past 12 month, who could possibly expect proper planning and procedures to be in place.

No one is saying that, the 6th dose always existed, but the approval was granted based on 5 doses.

Right then how did the HSE have leftovers?

So, have any of these situations occurred since the guidelines were brought in on the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Right then how did the HSE have leftovers?

From what I have read there is an allowance made for transfer to the syringe/small spillage. I believe more waste with some syringes than others. So there is a small excess in every vile to allow for this. Open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mugsyy

Just wondering what are people’s opinions on non active staff in the maternity hospitals (those on sick leave and maternity leave) receiving the vaccine.
    Should they be prioritised over other high risk groups??

• Advertisement

So, have any of these situations occurred since the guidelines were brought in on the 12th?

You're asking about the guideline any construction workers shouldn't be vaccinated before frontline healthcare workers or the guidelines that state you should have a list and back up list of who to vaccinate?

I'm not sure H. If the HSE are that incompetent that they need guidelines to avoid things like this then I fully expect a guideline stating that clinicians should have medical degrees to practice medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why did they not have a back up list? Who is now next in line? Was that always meant to be guesswork?

They should have had a backup list of people who live within 1-2 kms of the hospital.

Example....Call Mr Gerry Smith, “are you available to present here within xx time ? Yes ? Great, Ok .. you’ll be vaccinated if you do... if not, you are back in the Q, you won’t get a cancellation/excess slot again. If you don’t show or are late you are again as of now 119,189 vaccines away....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Think it's time to start billing anyone who gets it out of sequence, €500 seems around right

You want a slower vaccine rollout then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PO!NT

astrofool wrote: »
    You want a slower vaccine rollout then.

Most of the population have been pushed out to Q3.

Of course there are exceptions ;)

Strumms wrote: »
    They should have had a backup list of people who live within 1-2 kms of the hospital.

Example....Call Mr Gerry Smith, “are you available to present here within xx time ? Yes ? Great, Ok .. you’ll be vaccinated if you do... if not, you are back in the Q, you won’t get a cancellation/excess slot again. If you don’t show or are late you are again as of now 119,189 vaccines away....

Ah too much work. Easier to call the boss' son.

You're asking about the guideline any construction workers shouldn't be vaccinated before frontline healthcare workers or the guidelines that state you should have a list and back up list of who to vaccinate?

I'm not sure H. If the HSE are that incompetent that they need guidelines to avoid things like this then I fully expect a guideline stating that clinicians should have medical degrees to practice medicine.

They set up guidelines on the 12th, before that there seems to be a few cases where initiative was used to get excess doses into arms.

I'm merely asking if there have been any situations since the hse set out guidelines......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

mugsyy wrote: »
    Just wondering what are people’s opinions on non active staff in the maternity hospitals (those on sick leave and maternity leave) receiving the vaccine.

Nope

PO!NT wrote: »
    Most of the population have been pushed out to Q3.

Of course there are exceptions ;)

Pushed out? June has always been the timeline for mass vaccination, who got pushed out?

mugsyy wrote: »

When are they due back? Why shouldn't they be vaccinated, they're going to be dealing with patients when they are back

• Advertisement

They set up guidelines on the 12th, before that there seems to be a few cases where initiative was used to get excess doses into arms.

I'm merely asking if there have been any situations since the hse set out guidelines......

Yes there will be. Those vaccinated now will receive second doses, deferring vaccination of those in higher priority categories.

Advertisement