Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban - wrestling forums

Options
  • 18-01-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Morning all,

Banned for a message that said '@(insert handle) you are on the ignore list, lets move on'

It says it nowhere in a charter than I cannot type this. It was me trying to end a circular conversation that would end up in name calling etc.

Mod (Lord TSC) said I was **** stirring (his words not mine). Absolute nonsense.

PMs from mod below:
    Dear weareallmarks,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Lord TSC

Moderator Note

Telling someone you've put them on ignore is against the site's charter. Once again though, you're back in the Wrestling News thread trying to get into fights with people on a personal level. Do not post in the Wrestling News thread again.

Dear weareallmarks,

You have been banned from Pro Wrestling for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Lord TSC

Moderator Note

Ignoring a mod warning to stop posting in a thread is a great way to get your thread ban elevated into a general forum ban. I'll expand in PM response shortly.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by weareallmarks View Post
    So the mod's message is the same as mine.

Petty sh*t stirring, putting someone on an ignore list isnt that. Why is the ignore list there then?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord TSC View Post
    Mod Hat On:
    As communicated via PM to the user as well, telling people you're putting them on the ignore list is a breach of site wide rules. Given I've had to repeatedly warn weareallmarks to stop with the petty ****-stirring too, I've also issued a thread ban to him.

Everyone else, do move on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I will look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Cheers mate, have further DM if needed. Entire thread worth a read for context
    awec wrote: »
    I will look into this.

Hi weareallmarks,

I am upholding the yellow you received as you were informed by the mod to be less of antagonistic and you failed to do that.

I am upholding the ban as you posted on the thread after being threadbanned.

This is your second ban from the forum in less than a year, I would suggest you improve your posting style.

You can take this to admin if you want to take this further.

awec.

Mate, I was told I failed to adhere to the charter, there is nothing in the charter to say to someone that you are putting them on an ignore list. If you read the thread you would see that it was getting antagonistic on both sides, instead of continuing this, I ended it.

There is no reasons given to stop posting. Improve my posting style? Without any context that is impossible mate. I asked numerous times what part of the charter I broke and got nothing in return. Any ideas how I can change a style when the mod didnt tell me anything past a charter that doesn't mention my apparent infraction?

So when a convo is going in circles, taking up peoples time and space and WILL result in name calling etc, I am supposed to keep that persons antagonism showing up when I can click ignore? (which I assume is why the option is there in the first place?)

Which admin should I proceed with on this.

awec wrote: »
    Hi weareallmarks,

I am upholding the yellow you received as you were informed by the mod to be less of antagonistic and you failed to do that.

I am upholding the ban as you posted on the thread after being threadbanned.

This is your second ban from the forum in less than a year, I would suggest you improve your posting style.

You can take this to admin if you want to take this further.

awec.

Admin, can you follow up on this please?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were told by a mod not to post in a thread

You decided to ignore the mod warning and posted in the thread

A 1 week forum ban is fairly standard for ignoring a threadban

Ban upheld

I would suggest that rather than ignoring a mod warning you discuss it directly with the mod via PM to try and resolve it. If you continue to ignore mod instructions you can expect sanctions to escalate

I will look a little further into the yellow and get back to you on that

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

On the yellow card I can see there was an exchange with a poster leading up to this

Your prior post stated
    BAsically, you've no idea what youre talking about when it comes to what the big companies want. But enjoy what you enjoy, stop getting the last word on strangers on random wrestling boards.

I have left out other commentary which is not relevant to this appeal

and before that
    You are a cliche wrestling fan. You are always right. So there is no real need to continue this conversation

You really should have taken your own advice and stopped engaging as there was a series of uncivil posts leading up to the one where you told the other user you were putting them on ignore

If you wish to put someone on ignore, just do it. Commenting in thread you are doing so is again uncivil. It's backseat modding. It's derailing the thread

Yellow card also upheld

Did you actually read the entire thread, the points where i said we wont agree and lets move on ? Multiple times?

Other poster knew what would happen, then leading to the ignore comment.

Did you read the entire thread?
    Understanding that the opportunity to rescind a band is off the table, lets chat about what actually happened.

Mod warning, without context is very trumpian. Especially after a convo was had with the mod directly explaining why the comment was made. Clearly saying that the ignore post was an attempt to stop the conversation as it was going to result in a slagging match

Cliche wrestling fan, come on mate, every single person in that forum is a cliche wrestling fan (I include myself there)

Beasty wrote: »
    On the yellow card I can see there was an exchange with a poster leading up to this

Your prior post stated

I have left out other commentary which is not relevant to this appeal

and before that

You really should have taken your own advice and stopped engaging as there was a series of uncivil posts leading up to the one where you told the other user you were putting them on ignore

If you wish to put someone on ignore, just do it. Commenting in thread you are doing so is again uncivil. It's backseat modding. It's derailing the thread

Yellow card also upheld

All 3,300+ posts?

No I did not. I simply read some of your posts

Closing this up as there is no further avenue of appeal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement