Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numptie problem trying to scan from Canon printer to Laptop

Options
  • 18-01-2021 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I have a basic Canon Pixma TR4550 printer - I'm sick of it and haven't had it long.

I buy 3 in one - printer, scanner, photocopier

It will print and photocopy but can't get it to scan. I have done it before by installing an IJ Scan Utility (?) but I can't even find that now to use it.

Can I download this IJ scan utility or is there an easier way - I did ask a techie patient of mine who said turn off printer and uninstall and then install printer agin but that hasn't helped.

I'm fed up of the **** thing. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Although the manual says you should be able to use IJ Scan Utility, the download page for this software says it's not available for Windows 10 (neither 32-bit, nor 64-bit).

I assume you've tried installing the complete driver and software package?

Personally, I gave up on the all-in-one devices, and I'm using a cheap scanner and a separate laser printer. Copying is more difficult, but I can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Thank you so much.

I did see that the software wasn't available for Windows 10 but I thought that was because of a button I had pushed so reloaded everything again. If you want the Driver One package you have to pay 9.90 each month - I'll not bother - I'll buy a cheap scanner. I don't use it that often, maybe once every couple of months.

thanks again - I was googling mad, trying to make sense of techie stuff (which I don't understand) - you've saved me lots of wasted hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't even bother using the scanner function any more and just use a scanner app on my phone

Advertisement