Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it worth it to Update Router?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Difference between one ok router and another ok unit is minimal. Tx power is the same for all. If you have cables to the office install an access point, if not homeplugs are great in most dwellings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ED E wrote: »
    Difference between one ok router and another ok unit is minimal. Tx power is the same for all. If you have cables to the office install an access point, if not homeplugs are great in most dwellings.

Cheers

What about routers that are wifi 6 compatible? I know they are expensive but would it be worth investing in one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

Get WiFi 6 or 6e router
    Try mesh if you live in big house
    50 euro for huwaei pro 3 alixepress
    The Chinese version is better than global version but you have to use google translate to set up Chinese version

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cheers

What about routers that are wifi 6 compatible? I know they are expensive but would it be worth investing in one?

Only if you have devices that support it. If you are looking further down the road, then I would invest in a 6E (not 6) compatible router/access point. You will then have access to the 6GHz spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

jester77 wrote: »
    Only if you have devices that support it. If you are looking further down the road, then I would invest in a 6E (not 6) compatible router/access point. You will then have access to the 6GHz spectrum.

I thought wifi 6 was backward compatible. So all home automation items currently connected should still be able to connect.

Any suggestions for 6e before I Google it and do research on them

• Advertisement
Advertisement