Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2021

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

I will try and take a look tomorrow if I have time.

It is unfortunate that this year's fixtures didn't suit me but hopefully I will be back next year. I was in Enniscrone on Saturday while you were playing West Waterford. I seem to be playing a lot of the same courses as the society, just on the wrong day.

For charlieIRL the task is simple: A top 2 finish will guarantee him Golfer of the Year

• Failing that a 3rd place finish means that only slave1 can catch him by winning in Enniscrone.
    • A 4th place finish gives spacecoyote & Seve OB a chance but again they will need a win on the Captain’s Day.
    • A 5th place for charlieIRL opens it up a bit more. A 2nd place for slave1 would earn him the title. If slave1 is outside the top 2 then OffalyMedic and Break80 could both top the table with a win. For Break80 this would only be good enough for a tie and have the committee scrambling to find a tie-break procedure.

Should charlieIRL fail to improve on his points total then 

• slave1 needs a minimum of a top 4 finish
    • Seve OB, spacecoyote and OffalyMedic would need at least a top 3
    • Break80 would need be in the top 2

Ryder Jug qualification is trickier as it is hard to predict what the 10th place points total will be. Here is my best guess

The 6 GOTY contenders all look to be safe for a top 10 spot to qualify for the Ryder Jug team. 

benny79 is not mathematically guaranteed a spot on 550 points but it would take a freak set of results to knock him out so I think he can relax going into Enniscrone.

Next on the list is ballyk on 508 points so if I set a nominal target of 509 points to make the top 10 then here are some targets in Enniscrone for the chasing pack.

Top 17 - ballyk

Top 11 - a post punk & Concerned2

Top 6 - Kiith

Top 5 - GolfNut203

Top 4 - doublecross, Alanm & RoadRunner

Top 3 - jarrieta, pakman & Snackbox20

Top 2 - WoodyG

A win - Brian Rossiter & FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Excellent, cheers @paulos53 , nice work.

Looking at a lot of the names on the list that are right on the bubble for the top 10, its going to be a very tricky decision to come up with the 2 wildcards.

At least with the captain safely in there it means we'll have 2 open choices

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Fair play Paulos53, must have been a slow morning in work 😂

I’m just thinking I’ve got to win and maybe stand on charlieIRLs ball when he is not looking 🥺

• Advertisement

@Seve OB has sent out the Teamer invites for Captains this morning (thanks). Would really appreciate if people can update their status as soon as possible on this one, as we need to confirm the numbers with Enniscrone and get organised for the event. Its the Captain's big day, so want things to run as smoothly as possible so we can get the prize announcements and the Top 10 for GOTY countdown completed on the day. Captain will be posting a specific thread for the event shortly.

As an FYI to all interested, I have 2 tee slots booked in Rosses' Point on the day before, 17th September, at 11.20 & 11.30. Its 2 4-balls. I have 5 of the slots taken at the moment so far. But for anyone interested, they're more than welcome to join us.

Further to that, I've booked a couple of rooms in the Sligo Southern Hotel so far. The rooms I've booked so far are filled for the Friday night. There is room for 1 person on the Saturday night currently in the rooms I have. Again, first come first served on that one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Folks, baby girl was born 4 weeks early on Monday evening. Mom and baby doing really well, and things are going great so far. Happy days 😁

I'll obviously be missing the Enniscrone trip for sure now. Also missing the 3 day trip that was supposed to start today, but i really couldn't care less to be honest. Much rather just sit home and look at the little one. I may reconsider that when i see the photos of the beautiful weather up there today, but i doubt it.

Had a blast this year, and look forward to getting stuck in again next year. Might be around for the Ryder Jug if everyone above me plays **** next round out, but sure we'll see how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Congrats Kiith on the new arrival. Enjoy her so much. These are precious times.

Congratulations @Kiith glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing you soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Congrats Rob, time to start putting those brownie points in the bank

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Snackbox20

Congratulations @kiith on the arrival of your baby daughter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Congrats guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So one final table to post for 2021 and a pleasure to announce the all important Golfer of the Year winner CharlieIRL. A massive congratulations, wel played.

And of course the equally important top 10 placings for the Ryder Jug grudge match against the Reps golfing society. It was very tight in the end, with the last 2 spots being tied.

We have a great team here, I'll let Captain announce the venue, date and time along with his 2 wildcard picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hard to beat two wins, a second and a third, super stuff CharlieIRL

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Congrats to CharlieIRL and the top 10. Some great courses in there, and it can't have been easy to run this while we were still stuck in the COVID nonsense.

Thought i'd make the top 10 this year, but alas, not to be. I blame my daughter :P

Can't wait for next year ⛳️

I doubt you'll hold it against her for too long Kiith :)

Advertisement