Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear light keeps falling off?

Options
  • 18-01-2021 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭

I've just bought a new bike recently for commuting to work and college. It came with clip on lights.

I usually clip the rear light on to my bag when I'm going to college. Without my bag I clip the rear light into my belt however it has fallen off several times. Luckily I've noticed but I'm afraid I will lose it one day.

Are there any other options for where to clip it on? I don't have a helmet at the minute and I've tried clipping it to the wheels but then the light is protected sideways instead of behind me so I'm afraid I may not be visible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most clip-on lights usually have an attachment for clipping them to the seatpost.

If not, you could use a zip tie to attach it to the seat post. Be a pain if it's rechargeable though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

seamus wrote: »
    Most clip-on lights usually have an attachment for clipping them to the seatpost.

If not, you could use a zip tie to attach it to the seat post. Be a pain if it's rechargeable though.

It's rechargeable unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Gaffer tape to seal the open end of the clip. Problem solved.

lissard wrote: »
    Gaffer tape to seal the open end of the clip. Problem solved.

Nice one thanks. Is it tough to peel it apart though? As I'll need to take it on and off my jeans belt loop regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Does your bike have a rear rack?

• Advertisement

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Does your bike have a rear rack?

No unfortunately not. Nowhere to else to stick the rear light really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

There are resealable zip ties as well. Halfords used to sell them. They've a little trigger for opening and closing the zip tie.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    There are resealable zip ties as well. Halfords used to sell them. They've a little trigger for opening and closing the zip tie.

They'd do the job I'll check Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

seamus wrote: »

It's rechargeable unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion.

You should be able to mount it with a quick release, different brands use different but similar systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Buy a new light? You can’t have too many rear lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Here's a cheap light with a decent rear bracket.
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=54181

Advertisement