Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website security certificate issue in Chrome

Options
  • 18-01-2021 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, since last Friday, it seems I can no longer access the online banking site on Chrome, I just keep getting a "[font=system-ui, sans-serif]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED"[/font] error code and am told that my connection may not be private, because the security certificates have been revoked. Obviously, not what you want to hear when you're dealing with sensitive information. I know an unsafe workaround to get past the error page, but really don't want to compromise my security.

It seems to be working fine in other browsers, but my concern is mostly for my mother in her late 60's who's having the same issue. To save my sanity from having to spend an hour or two trying to remotely coach her on how to install Firefox on her barely functional 15 year old PC that she refuses to replace (that's a problem for another day), I'd really appreciate any insight on why this is happening and how to fix it. 

My own version of Chrome is fully up to date, it doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, and the security certificates on the site look like they SHOULD be valid, in theory. I'm sure we're not the only ones having this problem, so some tech support wisdom would be amazing right now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi, since last Friday, it seems I can no longer access the online banking site on Chrome, I just keep getting a "[font=system-ui, sans-serif]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED"[/font] error code and am told that my connection may not be private, because the security certificates have been revoked. Obviously, not what you want to hear when you're dealing with sensitive information. I know an unsafe workaround to get past the error page, but really don't want to compromise my security.

It seems to be working fine in other browsers, but my concern is mostly for my mother in her late 60's who's having the same issue. To save my sanity from having to spend an hour or two trying to remotely coach her on how to install Firefox on her barely functional 15 year old PC that she refuses to replace (that's a problem for another day), I'd really appreciate any insight on why this is happening and how to fix it. 

My own version of Chrome is fully up to date, it doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, and the security certificates on the site look like they SHOULD be valid, in theory. I'm sure we're not the only ones having this problem, so some tech support wisdom would be amazing right now!
    Hi Scatterbrain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We've raised this with our support team and will get back to you here when we've more information. Thanks for letting us know about this. 

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Scatterbrain,

Our support team are still investigating this. They have asked if you type in the full address, [font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.365online.com[/font] , into the browser address bar, are you still receiving the same error message? There is also a log in button in the top right hand corner on www.bankofireland.com if you could try that option to see if the message appears? 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement