Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Championship Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

"Can I say hi to my son?"

I didn't think Peyton Manning was in attendance tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This is gonna be one unbearable fortnight.

Headshot wrote: »
    Brady does it again, You wouldnt think he's 43 year old.

Probably one of the greatest sports men ever

No probably about it.

Love him or hate him you just got to admire greatness.

No you don't.

You can remain bitter and gain energy from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That fourth down call is one the packers want back right about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rodgers up against it tonight, under pressure all night.

Kevin King was a disaster waiting to happen. No special teams and plenty other weaknesses all season. Had over performed to this point.

Bucs backed Brady with Gronk, Brown, added to an already strong unit.

Least Packers drafted Jordan Love.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

All the Packers fans online cribbing about the holding being called at the end. :pac:

Inject it

200.gif

BrentMused wrote: »
    It was interference to be fair.

Although the officials have let everything go tonight so I can see why Green Bay fans would be extremely unhappy.

However, it was the correct call and blatant.

Correct here on all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Brady played well in the first half but the Buccaneers defense won that game in the second half when they strangled the momentum the packers got from those 3 interceptions.

Given all that I am still in shock that Lafleur didn't go for it on 4th down inside the 10. the team who consistently was more aggressive with their playcalling won the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Masked Man wrote: »
    10 Superbowls is just unbelievable.

This will be his 5th in 7 years, and he's on a streak of winning it every other year since 2015. All his playoff records are ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

With all the talk of the 4th down GB field goal, if you look at the third down play, Rodgers could have tried to run that in. If he doesn't make it, GB have a 4th and 1 or 2?

Happy to see Tampa make it though.

If Brady had another game like that against KC or Buffalo, I can't see them being close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Kev8360 wrote: »
    Brady played well in the first half but the Buccaneers defense won that game in the second half when they strangled the momentum the packers got from those 3 interceptions.

Given all that I am still in shock that Lafleur didn't go for it on 4th down inside the 10. the team who consistently was more aggressive with their playcalling won the day.

I'm not saying it was a great call but they weren't close to completing on one of the three previous attempts to throw it in from the 8, as they weren't successful throwing it from the 8 in the first half three times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    This will be his 5th in 7 years, and he's on a streak of winning it every other year since 2015. All his playoff records are ridiculous.

Obvious to me now that Belichick is a fraud. Maybe not a 1st ballot any more?

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Tom 'no mask'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Most Playoff Wins by a QB in History:

1. Tom Brady (Age 35+) - 17
    2=. Tom Brady (Age < 35) - 16
    2=. Joe Montana - 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

Always find the franchise owners collecting the trophies a little weird. Its like they're getting the credit for the efforts all season.

2=. Joe Montana - 16

NFC Championship wins among NFC North QBs in the past 20 years:

1st - Aaron Rodgers (1 win)
    T-1st - Rex Grossman (1 win)

That's the list.

With all the talk of the 4th down GB field goal, if you look at the third down play, Rodgers could have tried to run that in. If he doesn't make it, GB have a 4th and 1 or 2?

Happy to see Tampa make it though.

If Brady had another game like that against KC or Buffalo, I can't see them being close.

This was the major talking point in the group with the lads, It was a bizarre decision to go throw it.

Oat23 wrote: »
    NFC Championship wins among NFC North QBs in the past 20 years:

1st - Aaron Rodgers (1 win)
    T-1st - Rex Grossman (1 win)

That's the list.

Sexy Rexy!

threeball wrote: »
    Always find the franchise owners collecting the trophies a little weird. Its like they're getting the credit for the efforts all season.

It’s their money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

2=. Joe Montana - 16

Crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

Bucs dodged a few bullets in the second half. I’m surprised Rodgers didn’t make an attempt to scramble towards the end zone on third down before they went for the FG and going for the FG was another bizarre move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

When Brady won his first Super Bowl, both Josh Allen and Mahomes were in playschool/kindergarten.

His longevity and consistency at the top level is insanity.

Can I take it that as CBS and FOX had today's game that NBC will have the Superbowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

Buffalo could snatch this from KC. Could end up Bucs VS Bills SB55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Between Brady and Cavani, the Glazers picked up a couple of gems of older players this season :D

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Can I take it that as CBS and FOX had today's game that NBC will have the Superbowl?

Nope. Don't CBS and Fox always have the NFC/AFC Championship games anyway?

CBS with Nantz & Romo will be calling the Superbowl this year. NBC has it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Beasley saved Buffalo 3 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it was a great call but they weren't close to completing on one of the three previous attempts to throw it in from the 8, as they weren't successful throwing it from the 8 in the first half three times in a row.

no I get that they had not had success but when the season is on the line you want the ball to be with your best players and it was a huge risk relying on your defense to make a stop at the end when it had not done well all game at stopping the bucs.

its going to be a long offseason for the packers now - where do they go now after losing 2 conference finals in a row? on one side there's 28 teams in the league who wish they were at least in the position to compete for them but that won't make it any easier to swallow.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Nope. Don't CBS and Fox always have the NFC/AFC Championship games anyway?

CBS with Nantz & Romo will be calling the Superbowl this year. NBC has it next year.

Ah, ok... figured they rotated the 3 games between them but thinking about it more I don't recall an NBC championship game alright. Romo calling the big one works just fine too.

Advertisement