Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Championship Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

It’s their money.

So, the Glazers own Man U as well. Should they have been picking up the premiership trophy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Love him or hate him you just got to admire greatness.

No argument of the man's greatness but he was absolutely appalling for stretches today. He is pretty low on the list of reasons why they won that game, much of the list being Packers mess ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Foxtrol wrote: »
    No argument of the man's greatness but he was absolutely appalling for stretches today. He is pretty low on the list of reasons why they won that game, much of the list being Packers mess ups.

Precisely why the next fortnight will be unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

cosatron wrote: »
    Kwvin king has cost us a game.

Are you still fine with the Packers getting practically no output from their first two draft picks?

Looks like they could have done with help on defense, OL, and WR rather than a guy sitting at home and another with 3 carries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What a fcuk up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Did the Ref call a td!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Wow. That is a huge error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nice start for the Bills.

Amazing how so many teams over the years just kept ****ing up against Brady. Sure he's just along for the ride really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That was a bizarre sequence. Extra point is no good so 9-0 buffalo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Chiefs shítting the bed early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Cmon THE BILLS!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

The rule around forward progress drives me mental. You can catch a ball just on or over the line to get your next set of downs and even if the defence drive you back to your own goal line with a tackle you still get first down. Surely it should be where you're ruled down by contact. Its so open to refereeing errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

threeball wrote: »
    The rule around forward progress drives me mental. You can catch a ball just on or over the line to get your next set of downs and even if the defence drive you back to your own goal line with a tackle you still get first down. Surely it should be where you're ruled down by contact. Its so open to refereeing errors.

It depends on whether the receiver attempts another football move....if he does, he’s ruled down where he’s downed. If he does not he gets forward progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You're a Patriots fan I think eagle eye, how do you feel watching this.... Bittersweet or delighted for Brady?
    I'm delighted for Brady but it's not the same. I'm a Patriots fan first and always but I could never wish anything but good for Tom Brady so long as he is not playing against the Patriots.

threeball wrote: »

I kinda like it, I don't really want to see mauls in the NFL. I also feel like it would give a massive advantages to Defences given their number advantage at the point of contact.

Although it would be fun seeing Aaron Donald pick up every RB in the league bar Henry and carry them back to their own 1 yard line.

TD KC. Jesus so far today I’ve seen ads for discovery + and now paramount +.

It depends on whether the receiver attempts another football move....if he does, he’s ruled down where he’s downed. If he does not he gets forward progress.

I've seen plenty of questionable calls where the ball didn't appear to break the plane but they were given as first downs because the ref said so. With the milliseconds involved its too open to a refs interpretation

Good form on the suplex there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Presuming Rodgers wins the MVP as expected, it'll now be 21 years since the regular season MVP last won the Super Bowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Chiefs got away with that punch before the Hacksaw Jim Duggan move on Diggs (thank you Tony Romo).

Then again, I can't remember a team getting so many non-calls going in their favour.

Chiefs got away with that punch before the Hacksaw Jim Duggan move on Diggs (thank you Tony Romo).

Then again, I can't remember a team getting so many non-calls going in their favour.

I’ve never seen hacksaw duggan do a suplex like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

This could very easily turn into a blowout

TD KC. That ball was coming loose from his hands and he was lucky the goal line was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We're motoring now on both sides of the ball, settled nicely after a rubbish start.

MaddChris wrote: »
    This could very easily turn into a blowout

Chiefs have had most of their problems in the 2nd half after blowing away the opposition in the first. I wouldnt call it yet.

Was excited to see more of the Bills offence but they look average enough tonight anyway. Allen is very wayward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Could've been a pick there, the defense is playing very well right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

Given the bills got gifted their touchdown, nothing since the opening drive. No running game. Will do well to get back in front.

Advertisement