Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Championship Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bills look like a team who’s playing in their first AFC championship game in nearly thirty years. They look nervous. Josh Allen is throwing some risky balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

If KC score a TD on this drive it’s game over already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭golfball37

If KC score a TD on this drive it’s game over already.

It’s done anyway. Buffalo will need at least 30 points to win here, they won’t get near that. Too predictable on offense, defense getting no rest either. Kansas could win this by 30+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Starting to get out of hand. Could be an early night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Goodnight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This is Mahomes with turf toe and a concussion, not bad.

TD chiefs. As much as I’d love the bills to go to the super bowl, it’s not looking great as it stands. The bills look nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Four and a half minutes to save the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    TD chiefs. As much as I’d love the bills to go to the super bowl, it’s not looking great as it stands. The bills look nervous.

I think I'd rather KC up against TB tbh. Anything to stop the horror of a Brady win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm delighted for Brady but it's not the same. I'm a Patriots fan first and always but I could never wish anything but good for Tom Brady so long as he is not playing against the Patriots.

I call shenanigans on this claim, because I specifically remember you saying you hope Tom and Gronk weren't successful in Tampa.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113232425&postcount=3963
    eagle eye wrote:
    Two of my favourite players of all time but I'm hoping it all goes wrong in Tampa. I honestly don't want them to do well.

I'm more interested in our Pats moving on and hopefully still dominating the AFC.

I'd have refused to let Gronk go there. I'd have traded him somewhere else instead like Carolina or Atlanta or even New Orleans.

• Advertisement

I think I'd rather KC up against TB tbh. Anything to stop the horror of a Brady win.

Well yeah but I like the underdog and the bills have barely won a raffle in a quarter century. A new baker ad which Is nice to see compared to the normal ones this season.

I call shenanigans on this claim, because I specifically remember you saying you hope Tom and Gronk weren't successful in Tampa.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113232425&postcount=3963

Gronk had retired a year before he joined Tampa. They couldn’t have stopped him going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

golfball37 wrote: »
    Gronk had retired a year before he joined Tampa. They couldn’t have stopped him going anywhere

He retired while still under contract. The Patriots still owned his rights. That's why Tampa had to trade for him. So yes, they absolutely could have stopped him going anywhere they wanted. It just made no sense to block any trade.

But I was just pointing out the revisionist history on eagle eye saying he could only wish good things for Brady!

Well yeah but I like the underdog and the bills have barely won a raffle in a quarter century. A new baker ad which Is nice to see compared to the normal ones this season.

I love the bills and hope this is the start of something special, but I see them getting completely over-awed against TB.

I love the bills and hope this is the start of something special, but I see them getting completely over-awed against TB.

You spelled KC wrong.

---
    You spelled KC wrong.

I don't think I did. Though they're having a 'mare tonight.

Dunno why you would take the FG there. Turns a 2 TD game into a 2-score game. Surely have to go for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chiefs get the ball to start the second half, a long TD drive would be lovely.

FG buffalo so 21-12 at the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This is Mahomes with turf toe and a concussion, not bad.

He’s looking amazingly composed and sure footed.

Still think it’s irresponsible by Kansas that he’s playing after been concussed 7 days ago.
    That’s the $$NFL$$

It’s set up perfectly for a classic SB matchup:
    The young champ v The old champ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dunno why you would take the FG there. Turns a 2 TD game into a 2-score game. Surely have to go for that.

The way the offence has played so far points probably a better option and see how the second half starts.

If they had come away empty they wouldn’t even come out for second half.

FG chiefs so 24-12 with 10 minutes left in quarter no 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Bills need to find some answers on both sides of the ball fast. Game slipping away from them.

Bills need to find some answers on both sides of the ball fast. Game slipping away from them.

It’s not gone yet but it’s one foot in the grave and the other one is slipping. I know teams try to say the playoffs and conference Championship games and super bowl are just another game and yes the goal posts don’t change and the field dimensions are the same and a first down is still ten yards etc etc but it’s not just another game. The Chiefs look like they’ve been here before because they have.

FG bills. 24-15 chiefs late third quarter.

TD chiefs. Yeah barring an amazing comeback that’s it. Mahomes using his baseball skills. He looked like he was getting the guy out at second in the first part of a double play.

I will call it a night as it’s past 2am.

TD chiefs. Yeah barring an amazing comeback that’s it. Mahomes using his baseball skills. He looked like he was getting the guy out at second in the first part of a double play.

I will call it a night as it’s past 2am.

As sure as night follows day... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd like to see more use of McKenzie by the Bills. He has looked amazing at times for them when he gets opportunities. At this stage they need to try something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Bills need something fresh and quick. Hard to see Chiefs blowing it now though

Advertisement