Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It was far from obvious.

Most people I know were expecting click and collect to reopen in April, with retail reopening in May. I'm pissed off with how it was announced, but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Would ya ever give it up

It only hurts some here because everything I and others are saying is 100% accurate. They all know it but they are frustrated and want to vent that frustration.

Let them I say. It won't change the reality of where we are.

Surely before postulating such pompous drivel you have apprised yourself of the fact that a causal link has now been established between vitamin D and Covid severity?

No? Carry on with your bad self, Mr. Pop Culture.

Knock yourself out
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/02/vitamin-d-not-effective-moderate-severe-covid-study-finds
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2775003
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776736

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

Elessar wrote: »
    They will, just watch. Like they have always done. In fact, they will cheerlead it. People on boards.ie are outliers. The Irish public want more restrictions and for longer, not less.

We rarely go against church and state, as a nation.

And don't worry, if there are signs of that changing, RTE will hastily roll out another "watch people suffer in hospital and feel bad" fly-on-the-wall documentary.

EDIT: Face it, we will be in strict lockdown until the beginning of July and there is absolutely nothing anybody can or will do about it.

no but people on here will say "that's it i've had enough" and going on with their lives whatever that means despite the fact that nothing will be open.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It was far from obvious.

It was in fairness that they were being cautious.
    I never expected end of q2 for hairdressers though

I hope this is a complete " we don't know how the vaccines will affect this" worst case scenario

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

It only hurts some here because everything I'm saying is 100% accurate. They all know it but they are frustrated and want to vent that frustration.

Let them I say. It won't change the reality of where we are.

thats a high horse your on lad. "im right 100%"

you must be trolling now.. well played sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

copeyhagen wrote: »
    thats a high horse your on lad. "im right 100%"

you must be trolling now.. well played sir.

He isn't trolling, he is indoctrinated....

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

How long until we give the two fingers to the government and the NPHET junta and just go back to living normally? All business owners just open up for business, we're not going to take this abuse anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭PhantomHat

I can't actually believe I have to explain this.

The climate differs all over the world, therefore the viral infection rates differ all over the world....other variable impact infection rates also.

This is Ireland, we have had a year of this, the patterns are telling us what this is, the stats are telling us who this virus affects....our health service has been stretched twice in a year

Our collective immune systems are reacting to a new virus, much like we react to the mutated flu virus every year....of course there is a seasonal element to this, if the last year is anything to go by, we won't get another surge until next winter....if, on the off chance we did get a surge, it would be much milder than the other two, which our health system coped with comfortably (compared to flu season every year)

Your post is spot on. Unfortunately many cannot see past the deluge of bad news flashing before our eyes on RTE and the likes. It's like the country is in state of fear paralysis. This will take a long time for people to comprehend and to come to terms with.

• Advertisement

RobitTV wrote: »

we should be grateful now for anything other than Level 5 according to our rulers.

they surely realise they are signing their own P45s if they say Level 5 until at least May.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SushiLover31

Parachutes wrote: »
    How long until we give the two fingers to the government and the NPHET junta and just go back to living normally? All business owners just open up for business, we're not going to take this abuse anymore.

If any business that has the guts to do this I would definitely donate to help pay their fine. 😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

copeyhagen wrote: »
    majority of cases have been in nursing homes over the last few weeks. if they havent got that under control now, then its rampant in there and they never will.

No need to even ask if you're just guessing. You're so wrong it's quite obvious.

In week 6 of 2021, 5 outbreaks out of 200 occurred in nursing homes.

GT89 wrote: »
    Why are mutations only an issue in the last 2 months. How come mutations were never an issue until that point surely the virus would've mutated 100s if not 1000s of times.

Most mutations do not impact how a virus behaves in any way. There is evidence that recent mutations impact the way the virus transmits which is why they need to be monitored more closely for disease control and vaccine effectiveness. All evidence is that even if the new mutantions can evade immune response the residual immunity will be sufficient to prevent severe disease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Would ya ever give it up

dont give him the acknowledgement or the attention. he's just interested in spouting his word salad guff so he can get some attention and titter to himself

Why are "pubs and restaurants" still the first/only thing mentioned in articles every single time when talk of "easing" of restrictions, we all know well they won't be any time soon but there's other things in life we can be doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Lundstram's threadban now lifted after discussion with poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

There has been a quiet reopening happening for the last week or two. Dribs and drabs for now but it will get larger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

9 weeks of level 5
    then how many more months of restrictions
    i have enough of it
    i have 2 young children who dont know their uncles and aunts and my youngest saw their grandparents once.

there is absolutely no need for anymore of this bullsh1t. locking down a few million healthy people was always a stupid idea
    personally from march 1 st the 5km thing is gone, and anyone with a problem with that can go f*ck themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The policy is just to be in Level 5 at all times except when covid seems to be all-but totally suppressed.

This also means that if we exit Level 5 at any time we then have to 'pay for it' by going back into Level 5.

The plan for the year seems to be a brief respite from lockdown in mid-summer then preparation for the 'fourth wave' - back into Level 5 basically.

Also I said last month that Kermit would be back trying to ban Christmas 2021.

So far they have managed to ban two Easters but no Christmases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Drifter50 wrote: »
    This is just beyond depressing. There is no hope for anything normal this year. I was in business with a partner when it all went txxs up back in 2015. I could see no hope for the future and I found myself standing beside the Dublin railway line wanting to end it. I managed to walk away that time, fought my way back and had got a new business and my finances under control in early 2019. Now its all gone to ashes, savings gone , credit card maxed, paid mortgage 5 months out of 12 last year and none this year. They have to find a way to open up and let us do business again, I`m sliding backwards into a black abyss and I`m sure there are thousands like me

You’re worth 100 of those cowards, making a real contribution to this country rather than leeching off the back of hard working people like you. It can’t go on for another 9 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Graham wrote: »
    No need to even ask if you're just guessing. You're so wrong it's quite obvious.

Not as wrong as you were when you announced on here a few weeks ago that those on the PUP were just "temporarily unemployed".

Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

It's very hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel when it's all doom and gloom from our overpaid leaders. Our vaccine roll out is dire.
    Doctors trying to do the best for their patients by booking the local church hall are told this is not allowed as it's not a clinical setting. Surely the object of the exercise is to jab as many people as possible as quickly as possible not put obstacles in the way.

As others have stated the approach to this pandemic needed a multi functional committee to advise the government not just medics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its going to get to a stage where the garda have to choose between the people or the government. This is going to get nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ypres5 wrote: »
    dont give him the acknowledgement or the attention. he's just interested in spouting his word salad guff so he can get some attention and titter to himself

I have been pretty accurate throughout about how this was going to roll unfortunately. I'm right now. And I'll be right in 12 weeks time when restrictions will still apply. Probably level 4.

There is no reason or logic in just ignoring reality.

We need to get our case figures down to low double digits. We are high triple digits. Long story short the country can not open in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

The fact we've tolerated this nonsense for so long just goes to show the power of fear and propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lundstram wrote: »
    Not as wrong as you were when you announced on here a few weeks ago that those on the PUP were just "temporarily unemployed".

Hilarious stuff.

If they get their job back they are.

Any update on the uks clear and concise exit plan BTW. Asked you a few times and you kept disappearing. Just the dates will do me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Lundstram wrote: »

:rolleyes:

because you think anyone on PUP will be unemployed forever or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Its going to get to a stage where the garda have to choose between the people or the government. This is going to get nasty.

Oh grow up FGS. Give it another week lol.

• Advertisement

I can't actually believe I have to explain this.

The climate differs all over the world, therefore the viral infection rates differ all over the world....other variable impact infection rates also.

This is Ireland, we have had a year of this, the patterns are telling us what this is, the stats are telling us who this virus affects....our health service has been stretched twice in a year

Our collective immune systems are reacting to a new virus, much like we react to the mutated flu virus every year....of course there is a seasonal element to this, if the last year is anything to go by, we won't get another surge until next winter....if, on the off chance we did get a surge, it would be much milder than the other two, which our health system coped with comfortably (compared to flu season every year)

When is South Africa’s annual flu flu season? June to September
    What happened there this summer? Summer peak resulted in nearly twice as many deaths.

It’s not hard to find this stuff out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement