Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

12 months into this and all the Government can do is more severe inhumane lockdowns...when will the penny drop with people?

Penny has dropped. People want the borders shut, no one allowed in for holidays so we can open up.

Government has failed us on this front massively.

We could have everything open 6 months ago if we had done this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s worth pointing out that the mirror are the only media outlet carrying that report so take it with a health warning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They were never going to reduce restrictions until after Easter, considering how Christmas turned out. Not really a surprise.

Multipass wrote: »
    I agree, but that’s the problem - the over 70s won’t be vaccinated by Easter.. My 89 yr old Dad has no appointment yet, but has been told 3 weeks. That’s mid March, so his 2nd shot would be sometime in April. I’d say we’ll be lucky if the elderly are vaccinated by June at this stage. Which is a total joke, but we have the EU to thank for that.

My GP put up a notice on his website on Monday that over 85s would be done by the end of the week. Not sure if that will be delivered in thiugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Gael23 wrote: »
    My GP put up a notice on his website on Monday that over 85s would be done by the end of the week. Not sure if that will be delivered in thiugh

It’s patchy around the country - read the vaccination thread. Someone’s parent got a first appointment for Easter Friday.

• Advertisement

All over 85's are done in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ypres5 wrote: »
    leo perked up the country a couple of weeks ago telling us there's the possibility of lockdown in winter 21 due to a 4th wave ive seen no one else in europe mention along with the news of continuing restrictions into 2022.

I've mentioned previously that the CMO and the health minister in the north have both mentioned the possibility of restrictions extending into 2022. I rarely hear from the CMOs of other countries around Europe. It's probably because I don't speak the language. That's probably why you haven't heard it from other countries in Europe.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

jester77 wrote: »
    They were never going to reduce restrictions until after Easter, considering how Christmas turned out. Not really a surprise.

Can see this line being trotted out about the May bank holiday weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I find changing the channel when Donnelly comes on to be very beneficial for my mental health.

I actually have to change the channel when his "know it all" and "I'm very pleased with myself" voice comes on.
    It's not good for my mental health to listen to him!

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've mentioned previously that the CMO and the health minister in the north have both mentioned the possibility of restrictions extending into 2022. I rarely hear from the CMOs of other countries around Europe. It's probably because I don't speak the language. That's probably why you haven't heard it from other countries in Europe.

EU countries have already said you will see some restrictions into 2022. They are all on the very safe side right now because the new variant is a big unknown.

UK are not going to be fully open by July and they are miles ahead of us in the vaccine race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Where are the political opposition? RTE are solely onboard the scaremongering train as are all the so called health experts. Are any alternative or dissenting voices being sought? Do they exist?

It’s worth pointing out that the mirror are the only media outlet carrying that report so take it with a health warning

No, it was an official announcement with details not just an interview with a single news outlet that gave a heads up that a high level of restrictions, not necessarily at todays levels, may potentially need to stay in place until may.

Strap on the sheepskin rug and novelty viking helmet and storm the Dáil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Plenty of places in Swords as well. Got a few last Sunday 1st pints since before Xmas. They're in a glass as well, 5er a pop. Problem is all pubs are running out of guinness, guinness haven't delivered since early Jan after the government had a "word". So as well as keeping pubs shut, their also taking away any bit of revenue they had coming in.

yeah had a few from the manor inn alst week. old schoolhouse doing them too.

theres no law agaisnt it apaprently, i think the govt had just asked them not to do it.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Where are the political opposition? RTE are solely onboard the scaremongering train as are all the so called health experts. Are any alternative or dissenting voices being sought? Do they exist?

What political party will go up against them now after what happened at xmas. It be a stupid move.

The opposition will wait in the wings till its all over and then point the finger.
    They are all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

PhuckHugh wrote: »

People will ultimately need to take to the streets at some stage. One of the biggest issues with social media is that is that people are less likely to protest wrongs when they can just vent from their living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    People will ultimately need to take to the streets at some stage. One of the biggest issues with social media is that is that people are less likely to protest wrongs when they can just vent from their living room.

ready

Leftwaffe wrote: »

You be lucky to get over 50000 for the country

NPHET are worried that construction workers may mix together at breaks apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

NPHET are worried that construction workers may mix together at breaks apparently

they have the lowest opinion possible of people don't they

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

lawred2 wrote: »
    they have the lowest opinion possible of people don't they

Alternatively they read the data showing where outbreaks occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

The mother showed me a FB post of a salon in Cork who has had enough. They're opening their doors soon. I wonder will this happen in other places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭C__MC

The sneakiness of MM announcing to the Irish Mirror that another 9 weeks of lockdown are ahead of us, FF at its best

C__MC wrote: »
    The sneakiness of MM announcing to the Irish Mirror that another 9 weeks of lockdown are ahead of us, FF at its best

At the weekend too. He's a gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Penfailed wrote: »
    Are you putting yourself in the subservient group?

it's very disheartening to see how big the subservient group is.
    In case I'm accused of it, not you :pac:

But seriously, the number of people living in fear of covid19 and just content to outsource all their decisions to the government.
    Somehow we as a nation have bred a large section of society emotionally dependent on the state to verify their action in a similar way to some families are for unable to function without the welfare state.

cos you know most of the same people will be in the restaurants/bars immediately if the government said they could open.
    As is Michael Martins mere voice on tv would diminish the risk of covid death.

On related point, yesterday I saw fools jogging with masks in the park like wtf?
    Certainly not the median age 83 cohort either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

growleaves wrote: »
    About 20 people stood maskless in the parking lot on Jan. 4, waving signs that said things like “love over fear,” “hugs over masks,” “Covidism is communism to slavery,” and “forced vaccination is rape.”

Tracy-Chapman-Revolution.mpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭billyhead

funnydoggy wrote: »
    The mother showed me a FB post of a salon in Cork who has had enough. They're opening their doors soon. I wonder will this happen in other places too.

They won't be long closing back down than irrespective of our opinions about the poxy restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

funnydoggy wrote: »
    At the weekend too. He's a gowl.

he is really the worst , i'd rather Bertie and his dodgy dealings than this ineptitude.

a career politician with years at the top playing the smoking ban card for the past 20years. He stands for nothing but ineptitude and his craven desire for power.

I'm certainly not fan of leo but I can't wait till this 2 years deal is up and leo takes over.
    Hopefully FF will knife Martin in the back then

billyhead wrote: »
    They won't be long closing back down than irrespective of our opinions about the poxy restrictions.

Oh absolutely, but I wonder will there be more local businesses trying to chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Graham wrote: »
    Alternatively they read the data showing where outbreaks occur.

lunch breaks on construction sites?

the data is publicly available. They don't have their own private datasets unshared so I presume you have it to hand?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement