Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Luckily there are places within the US who didn't lockdown, or who only locked down once last year,, so we have something to compare against.Here, I'll post this again. Deaths per capita in the US, no lockdown states in dark red, lockdowns in blue. The evidence is mounting that lockdowns didn't make much difference to overall outcomes.

Looks like the US is heading towards herd immunity fast at this point. Ireland is just dragging it out with continued restrictions. We'll all end up in the same place eventually. Virus gonna virus and all that.

Let’s just stick with Ireland, the country we are mostly living in.

Cast your mind way back to last month, 8000 cases per day, over 100,000 cases and more than 1000 people dead in that month. Health service practically collapsed (with all non-essential procedures and consultations cancelled).

But you insist the restrictions make no difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Cast your mind way back to last month, 8000 cases per day, over 100,000 cases and more than 1000 people dead in that month. Health service practically collapsed (with all non-essential procedures and consultations cancelled).

its clear Christmas is the super spreader event cos of all the people one meets outside the norm, once that has passed a reversion to mean was going to happen

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerlan

Seems there is something planned in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Restrictions are a broad brush though...nobody has a problem with Restrictions, especially at certain times of the year.

It is the severity of the restrictions people have a problem with, they are inhumane at the level we have been at since October.

The severity of restrictions does not deliver the requisite results, since the beginning, we have had one of the most severe lockdown/restrictions in this part of the world, yet we still got the highest incident rate in this part of the world and we only counted half of the infections.

Continuing Level 5 restrictions into May is not just economically crippling, socially devastating, inhumane, it is illogical, it is devoid of logic...we are behaving like we know nothing of this virus when we have had a year of this and we still only have one gear...lockdown level 5!!

We are morons!!!

Cerlan wrote: »

Something planned for Dublin next Saturday at 2pm St Stephens Green...I'm hoping to get to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SilentGreenx32

Something planned for Dublin next Saturday at 2pm St Stephens Green...I'm hoping to get to both.

Any details on this or a link? Very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Cerlan wrote: »

There's something next week in Dublin too

Eur6sk-WQAQQcvy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

seems to be a right sea change in attitude of people towards restrictions and lockdowns judging from my circle and also people i interact with in work...cant blame them...feel like the government is totally out of step with the country...people including myself genuinley concerned for our economy...everyone can see through the media misery fest of rte virgin ect...looking forward to the better weather already and sitting in the garden with friends and family enjoying some cold beers

if you actually care about the economy, then you should support the necessary and vital public health measures which will allow it to get back to full strength quicker.
    if you want an end to restrictions then the only way to make that happen is comply and drive down hospital numbers quicker so that we can lift some of them.
    You really are deluded.

We’ll have borrowed 50 billion according to Leo by the time this is over and we have 25% of the workforce out of work currently.

Our future Taoiseach is already mentioning the word austerity.

If you think the economy is in good shape then I can’t help you. You’re in for a shock over the next few years.

you are mixing me up with another poster.
    we were borrowing due to this anyway, at least 50 billion is a very managible amount to pay back.
    25% of people out of the work force while absolutely unfortunate is still a small minority, and they aren't all out of work specifically due to covid, all be it most of them are.
    most of them will be back in work eventually thankfully, meanwhile 75% of the work force is still working away.
    the taoiseach stated that it would be wrong to rule out some austerity, which to be fair is quite right for him to say so as to temper expectations, in reality any austerity is unlikely to be anything near the levels of the last recession, for example.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There's something next week in Dublin too

Just what the pandemic needs, a bunch of tinfoil hatters organising a protest.

Their Facebook page ready like an A- Z of COVID conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Graham wrote: »

Yeah definitely won't be protesting with those loonies.

• Advertisement

It's not just the covid conspiracies either, there's a liberal sprinkling of 5G, Soros, masks are a tool of global control, government mind control, population growth control.

Complete nutjob stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Not a chance. But I can see why they are mobilising.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Probably a bunch of dopes but good luck to them I say.

Any details on this or a link? Very interested

I don't I got a text message, I don't even care who is behind it, people need to get on the street, if I can find a poster or flyer I'll stick it up!

Just saw the poster on previous page, I guess that is it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It's not just the covid conspiracies either, there's a liberal sprinkling of 5G, Soros, masks are a tool of global control, government mind control, population growth control.

Complete nutjob stuff.

You know - At least they are doing something to try get through the thick skulls of the current administration.

How many of you sent an email to the Tds on the list I posted?

At this stage I don't care who is organising the protest.
    Protest is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

in your opinion restrictions are vital and neccesary...thats fine i just dont agree i think we could have approached this differently after the summer...i along with everyone else in the country supported what we done in march so that we could get a handle on the virus....i think we would have had strong public buy in to targeted testing(nursing homes,hospitals,airports) business to stay open but with proper controls in place and security staff enforcing rules ect(which was done very well in most places) and hefty fines for business that flout the rules...there has to be a better way than destroying peoples livelyhoods

Hellrazer wrote: »
    You know - At least they are doing something to try get through the thick skulls of the current administration.

Yeah, they're going to save us all from 5G and Bill Gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Yeah, they're going to save us all from 5G and Bill Gates.

That’s immature boloxigy Graham.

It’s about people’s livelihoods and will to actually live a life

Ireland is a global outlier right now with its rate of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Was it compulsory to send a mail?

Standing beside some left wing eejits is not going to get the government to do a thing.

*mod snip - no need for this*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

At this stage I don't care who is organising the protest.
    Protest is needed.

Good man Norman.

Take some pics. Post them up.

Remember to shout "5g causes covid" or "vaccination is rape" every so often to fit in.

That’s immature boloxigy Graham

Seriously go and read their Facebook page. It's a masterclass in conspiracy bolloxology.

If they speak for you, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Exactly, the Bill Gates/5G/Anti Mask nonsense doesn't wash anymore, people have finally had enough!

Boggles wrote: »
    Good man Norman.

Take some pics. Post them up.

Remember to shout "5g causes covid" or "vaccination is rape" every so often to fit in.

I'll take a leaf out of your style of posting and just post:

:rolleyes:

I'll take a leaf out of your style of posting and just post:

:rolleyes:

I'm serious, it's what they believe.

If I were you I would have an exit strategy well prepared in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thankfully the current administration aren't so thick as to listen to a bunch of alt right loons who probably think they are going to commit some sort of inserection against da gubament.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Ireland is a global outlier right now with its rate of restrictions

Do you honestly think the loons organizing those "protests" care about anything except the mental shít they are peddling?

They checked out of society a long time ago and I imagine all of them were not just unemployed pre-covid but unemployable.

Weird bunch to champion.

Boggles wrote: »
    Weird bunch to champion.

It's not about championing the bunch of organisers, it's about calling for the end of draconian the end of lockdowns
    Do you not see the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's not about championing the bunch of organisers, it's about calling for the end of draconian the end of lockdowns
    Do you not see the difference?

Joining up with the loons just makes it easy for government/media to dismiss the entire protest. I'd consider going along to a sensible protest that doesn't go down the virus isn't real/5g bad route but not a chance would I go near anything organised by this crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Does anyone think that interview has caused more harm than good

Two people I know who were very pro restrictions were ranting on Facebook they are done with them

We have a group chat of 10 where 3 were meeting most weekends for cans, it's gone to 6 tonight and I'm considering making it 7

This government are just out of touch with ordinary working people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement