Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭decreds

Stay at home Save Lives

It is simple and powerful, repeated everywhere, pushed everywhere...

Now people think it is dangerous for Grand parents to hug their grand kids...I hope those of you who have succumb to hysteria will one day hang your heads in shame, denying Grand parents a hug from their grand kids is something I'll never get over, that took a lot of hysteria to get us there!!!

It is indeed. It plays on the sub conscious mind, note how these messages are always in the background and may be red/blue as the mind has been conditioned to view those colors as authoritative.

The main message or purpose of a talk or advertisement will not specifically state those words but it is always in the background. It is powerful and has clearly worked, i've witnessed grown men in their 30's wearing a mask walking down the road by themselves literally cross the road to avoid me on a near daily basis. ( i like to think it's due to covid fear anyway)

You love making up a narrative and then posting it as some factual thing. There was absolute outrage over the BLM protests in Dublin. I can easily dig up threads to support the widespread condemnation of those protests happening during coronavirus.

As usual, though you don't let the truth or facts getting in the way of your posts.

Yeah, easy to dig up threads as it's bound to have some rationale beings in there but i do not remember any outrage in the media over it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Well, no one is stopping you from hiding under your bed, you should be safe there!

The thing is for a lot of people it's not about protecting themselves , it's about protecting others who are more vulnerable. I'd like to visit my parents and the only thing that's stopping me is the chance that I might infect them unknowingly not any government restrictions.
    Also the long term effects are something I've seen first hand and something I'd be keen to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

decreds wrote: »
    I'm not one for tinfoil hat theories

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It is indeed. It plays on the sub conscious mind, note how these messages are always in the background and may be red/blue as the mind has been conditioned to view those colors as authoritative.

The main message or purpose of a talk or advertisement will not specifically state those words but it is always in the background. It is powerful and has clearly worked, i've witnessed grown men in their 30's wearing a mask walking down the road by themselves literally cross the road to avoid me on a near daily basis. ( i like to think it's due to covid fear anyway)

I've spotted that as well.

People driving cars on their own wearing a mask.

Pump enough fear into people and watch them dance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

ErnieG wrote: »
    They’ll end when other nearby countries end theirs. What the govt is saying now about May and June means nothing. As Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France end restrictions we’ll follow. Probably with about a 2 week lag to the most conservative of that group.

That didn’t work last year

Boggles wrote: »
    Who did that?

1000's of dead Grand Parents = fine

Not hugging them = I'll never get over it.

Talk about hyperbolic.

There is zero proof that 1000's of grand parents have died from the "disease".

Aul grand dad had heart disease and diabetes for years and just had a heart attack but died after being diagnosed with "Covid19".

Give me a break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Yeah, easy to dig up threads as it's bound to have some rationale beings in there but i do not remember any outrage in the media over it whatsoever.

I don't need to dredge those threads to find posts. It was pages and pages of people condemning the protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Talk about hyperbolic.

Aul grand dad had heart disease and diabetes for years and just had a heart attack but died after being diagnosed with "Covid19".

Give me a break

I imagine you'll be on the march, won't you?

The thing is for a lot of people it's not about protecting themselves , it's about protecting others who are more vulnerable. I'd like to visit my parents and the only thing that's stopping me is the chance that I might infect them unknowingly not any government restrictions.
    Also the long term effects are something I've seen first hand and something I'd be keen to avoid

And you are entitled to stay under your bed as well...nothing stopping you!

• Advertisement

200.gif

It's too easy to dismiss people who question all of this as tinfoil hat, anti vaxx etc. It's a very lazy argument.

The Hamburg Syndrome film i posted is not a conspiracy theory YT clip with a clear narrative, it's a 1970's film that is eerily similar to what is going on today. I posted for comedic value and to hopefully give people something to think about instead of being pumped with propaganda by the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've been driving on my own plenty of times with a mask on and it has nothing to do with fear. It's just easy to throw it on as I'm leaving the house rather than putting it in my pocket and doing it at the shop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Lundstram wrote: »
    So what? We are at level 5 now so who cares if they rise, we'll still be at level 5.

In which case we're likely to stay at 5 for longer.

If you're scared, stay under your bed.

Seriously, you're going for the 'scaredy cat' retort? You know that kinda loses any impact above the age of 10.

I imagine you'll be on the march, won't you?

March for what?

I don't need to dredge those threads to find posts. It was pages and pages of people condemning the protests.

Where was the condemnation in the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Boggles over here with his faux-concern about protestors being tarred with the wrong brush :pac:

Every protest group in history has had its loons and extremists, including Black Lives Matters' "trained Marxists" and smattering of black supremacists. That doesn't mean those groups didn't have an overall good cause and sentiment outside of the extreme few.

No protest movement would have gotten anywhere if everyone had stayed home for fear of being tarred with the same brush as the loons.

I have now read this post a dozen times. I don't even know how I would report the content of this post but it makes me feel very uneasy and I have to say I think this thread in parts is bordering on dangerous with this kind of talk along with misinformation that is going unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

BLM protests for some black guy in a different continent in the middle of a pandemic in which we knew little about = Okay, work away lads.

Protests to ease restrictions for what we know now to be a mild virus with over 99% survival rate = You're all loons and nutjobs.

What a strange little country we live in.

nope, there was plenty of agreement that the blm protests shouldn't have gone ahead and this was openly stated, even by most of us who agreed with those protests in general.
    of course plenty of use of those protests going ahead to push certain "agendas" as well.
    it's not a mild virus with a 99% survival rate, it's a serious virus with a majority survival rate but which will still cause serious amounts of deaths and other effects if not controlled properly.
    even when controlled it causes more deaths then similar viruses.
    No, they’ll end when enough people demand they end.

nope, they will end when it is decided by the actual experts that it is safe for them to end based on the evidence.
    people "demanding" they end will not end them, it's just not going to happen, if needs be they will just be extended and made harder.
    not a chance are the government going to give into those who do not wish to comply.
    We've been completely brainwashed/programmed by the messages pumped out by the media.

perhapse the anti-restrictions crowd have been brain washed by the alternative media they read, but the rest of the population certainly haven't been brainwashed by the real media.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

this 1000%

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Talk about hyperbolic.

Give me a break

You can be absolutely sure that guy crossed the road to avoid you. No wonder he does it every day.

And you are entitled to stay under your bed as well...nothing stopping you!

As I said , I'm not afraid of Covid and I have met up with people I've done it sensibly .
    My point is that I'd like to do what I can to make sure a sense of normality can return for everyone not just me .
    If someones normality is a house party or a nightclub , great , it was mine once as well . However I'd rather sacrifice a few more weeks and see everyones normality come back.
    From the looks of some responses in this thread , the idea of looking out for neighbours and vulnerable people is one that not everyone shares.

• Advertisement

Who did that?

1000's of dead Grand Parents = fine

Not hugging them = I'll never get over it.

I have said before, I find the treatment of the over 70s to be particularly cruel, they were told not to leave their homes for three months back in Mar last year, they have not been allowed household visits since Dec....

Even though it doesn't affect me personally, it is the policy that has really gotten to me the most, not just because of the inhumanity of it, it's the one thing Grand parents love more than anything...but the degree of hysteria that got us there is frightening....thankfully there are normal countries out there that didn't take this route and can expose the barbarity of it to those willing to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

They have lost the people

We would have less cases in the next few weeks if they went to level 3 instead of that interview

Nearly everyone I know is done with the restrictions

What a country

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

thankfully there are normal countries out there that didn't take this route and can expose the barbarity of it to those willing to see!

Like Sweden, who told their over 70's to cocoon for 8 months and the advice is still for them to stay away from everyone.

You must be utterly sick at their approach?

As I said , I'm not afraid of Covid and I have met up with people I've done it sensibly .
    My point is that I'd like to do what I can to make sure a sense of normality can return for everyone not just me .
    If someones normality is a house party or a nightclub , great , it was mine once as well . However I'd rather sacrifice a few more weeks and see everyones normality come back.
    From the looks of some responses in this thread , the idea of looking out for neighbours and vulnerable people is one that not everyone shares.

Everyone's normality is not coming back...it is precisely what I see in my parents neighbourhood that has influenced me, there are widows in that neighbourhood who live on their own, rarely see their grand kids and will never be the same again, their normality is gone...if they'd caught Covid chances are they'd be fine!!!

Even if we get some freedom in the summer, what do you think is going to happen next winter?

there are normal countries out there that didn't take this route and can expose the barbarity of it to those willing to see!

You get that the hyperbole does nothing at all to further any point you're trying to make.

They are entertaining though. We should do a top #50 of the best ones.

Everyone's normality is not coming back...it is precisely what I see in my parents neighbourhood that has influenced me, there are widows in that neighbourhood who live on their own, rarely see their grand kids and will never be the same again, their normality is gone...if they'd caught Covid chances are they'd be fine!!!

Even if we get some freedom in the summer, what do you think is going to happen next winter?

My hope is that in the next 6-9 weeks to get to where we were in July of last year and maintain that . The hope being that ,coupled with vaccines, should see us in a good place for next Winter . Naiive possibly , but I see that as our way to some semblance of normal.for everyone.

My hope is that in the next 6-9 weeks to get to where we were in July of last year and maintain that . The hope being that ,coupled with vaccines, should see us in a good place for next Winter . Naiive possibly , but I see that as our way to some semblance of normal.for everyone.

Niiave? We will be in heavy restrictions next Winter, there will be new variants...I'd bet my house on it, we will be in level 2 or 3 all Summer, unless the people mobilize.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I've seen people cycle with masks. Someone in their garden with a mask on doing a bit of gardening. Such a sad world we live in now.

Niiave? We will be in heavy restrictions next Winter, there will be new variants.

Just pure scaremongering,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Stay at home Save Lives

It is simple and powerful, repeated everywhere, pushed everywhere...

Now people think it is dangerous for Grand parents to hug their grand kids...I hope those of you who have succumb to hysteria will one day hang your heads in shame, denying Grand parents a hug from their grand kids is something I'll never get over, that took a lot of hysteria to get us there!!!

Irony overload, talk about hysteria!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement