Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Graham wrote: »
    You get that the hyperbole does nothing at all to further any point you're trying to make.

They are entertaining though. We should do a top #50 of the best ones.

You understand that we are only one year in to what will be at least a 3 year incident, the more mistakes a country makes in year one, the bigger the consequences in year 2/3...we have made every conceivable mistake since March...we still aren't using rapid antigen testing in care homes, a year into this...

I get that indoctrinated folks like yourself, who would rather spend those 2/3 years hiding under you bed ain't gonna listen to a word I say, you are too far gone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I've seen people cycle with masks. Someone in their garden with a mask on doing a bit of gardening. Such a sad world we live in now.

Lots of things make me sad. But seeing someone cycling in a mask isn't up there

Just pure scaremongering,

Did you seriously think we'd be in level 5 in May of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Lots of things make me sad. But seeing someone cycling in a mask isn't up there

Good for you I suppose

If I knew what our case numbers would be, then yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You understand that we are only one year in to what will be at least a 3 year incident, the more mistakes a country makes in year one, the bigger the consequences in year 2/3...we have made every conceivable mistake since March...we still aren't using rapid antigen testing in care homes, a year into this...

Covid: Greater Manchester stops care home tests over accuracy fears

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

we can meet our loved ones in gardens and parks and even graveyards
    we can keep the numbers small
    we can bring our own picnics
    we can maintain social distance very easily with zero chance of transmission
    tomorrow meant to be ok weather, i will be going to a graveyard to talk to the big man and the twelve apostles.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yes, absolutely.
    it was obvious once we opened up at christmas what would happen.
    it happened and here we are.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Niiave? We will be in heavy restrictions next Winter, there will be new variants...I'd bet my house on it, we will be in level 2 or 3 all Summer, unless the people mobilize.

IMO We wont get near level 2 this year.

We might go to level 3 in June. The variants will have NPHET and the government concerned and we wont have 80% of the adult population vaccinated.

Even staycation aren't guaranteed as per Donnelly yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

its going to be an intresting summer...if government do decide to keep hospitality shut i can see house parties/garden parties/bbqs ect becoming the absolute norm for most people....as regards international travel i think the floodgates will open june july august now that the guards have admitted nothing can be done if you have a medical apointment in another country...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If I knew what our case numbers would be, then yep.

You don't know what case numbers will be in May though. No one does. So why are we hearing talk of keeping harsh restrictions until then?

yes, absolutely.

So you don't believe that there is any seasonality factor at all...you've abandoned science.

This is why people are willing to take to the streets, this is swivel eyed loon stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Looks like the graveyards are going to be the place to be this summer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So you don't believe that there is any seasonality factor at all...you've abandoned science.

This is why people are willing to take to the streets, this is swivel eyed loon stuff!!!

Taking to the streets where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Looks like the graveyards are going to be the place to be this summer :pac:

Can’t be as bad as being stuck indoors watching RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stay at home Save Lives

It is simple and powerful, repeated everywhere, pushed everywhere...

Now people think it is dangerous for Grand parents to hug their grand kids...I hope those of you who have succumb to hysteria will one day hang your heads in shame, denying Grand parents a hug from their grand kids is something I'll never get over, that took a lot of hysteria to get us there!!!

How many pints were involved in the making of this post? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

How many pints were involved in the making of this post? :D

Pints? Where?

You don't know what case numbers will be in May though. No one does. So why are we hearing talk of keeping harsh restrictions until then?

I'm guessing it's because what our case numbers are now and the length of time it is predicted it will take to see them substantially drop and the subsequent drop in hospital admissions. Christmas is still fresh in people's minds and how quickly things can escalate. Not a hope we'd be rushing to open up knowing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

Can’t be as bad as being stuck indoors watching RTE.

or stuck indoors trying to watch rte player :cool:

• Advertisement

yes, absolutely.

If a slight easing of restrictions for 3 weeks leads to a half year and possibly longer lockdown, then we might as well concede defeat to the virus.

We’d have let a virus with a tiny death rate destroy humanity.

I'm guessing it's because what our case numbers are now and the length of time it is predicted it will take to see them substantially drop and the subsequent drop in hospital admissions. Christmas is still fresh in people's minds and how quickly things can escalate. Not a hope we'd be rushing to open up knowing that.

I'm other words this lockdown is making f all difference

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Cerlan wrote: »
    Seems there is something planned in Cork.

Gemmas moved to Cork now :pac:

If a slight easing of restrictions for 3 weeks leads to a half year and possibly longer lockdown, then we might as well concede defeat to the virus.

We’d have let a virus with a tiny death rate destroy humanity.

It's like looking out at the horizon and thinking the earth is clearly flat...."we opened up in Dec therefore we can't open up again"

The only alternative to opening up slightly at Christmas, was to keep us in level 5 from mid Oct to May....f**king mental!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Taking to the streets where?

on facebook and boards.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Just what the pandemic needs, a bunch of tinfoil hatters organising a protest.

Their Facebook page ready like an A- Z of COVID conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

Great idea that tbf. I mean what good possibly go wrong ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

wakka12 wrote: »
    The world's last hope of zero covid?
    https://twitter.com/zonkradio20/status/1362722992577511425

Tanzania's President John Pombe Magufuli has ruled out a possibility of a lockdown to contain coronavirus and declares 3 days of National prayers against the pandemic

It will have the exact same effect as a lockdown!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQU6e-r06Z4

Ah feck it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I'm other words this lockdown is making f all difference

It takes quite the piece of mental gymnastics to say lockdown isn’t working given what happened in December / Christmas. Stunning really.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It takes quite the piece of mental gymnastics to say lockdown isn’t working given what happened in December / Christmas. Stunning really.

If it takes 6 months to get numbers it's pretty crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

we didn't tank the economy, never mind intentional, and especially not for a mild virus that isn't actually mild but is unable to do the damage it could thanks to minimisation spread and public health measures.
    the economy would be less strong but for those control measures, as while it has taken quite a dip, as i said it's a small few sectors which really keep the show on the road here and without controls on spread minimisation, those sectors are at more risk of effects.
    if we shut those sectors and reopened the shut ones we would be actually in some bit of real trouble.
    we are in a good position to recover from this, our economy was in good shape coming up to this and isn't in bad shape currently dispite our situation, couple that with penned up demand we will do reasonably well i reccan.

i reccan [sic] that ^^^ is a load of nonsense.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement