Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension advice

• 18-01-2021 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

I’ve recently moved from the private sector to the public sector and was paying into a private pension and my previous employer was contributing to it also.
    Just seeing if anyone has any advice and been in a similar position on what I should do with the private pension or who I should seek advice from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

YMSB89 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’ve recently moved from the private sector to the public sector and was paying into a private pension and my previous employer was contributing to it also.
    Just seeing if anyone has any advice and been in a similar position on what I should do with the private pension or who I should seek advice from?

A fee based financial advisor will put you straight. There's 2 great guys that have a bit of a tv/radio/internet presence called Paul Merriman and Eoin McGee. They're separate to each other but both good advisors. They have day to day practices outside the public persona so either of them or there are many others like them you could call and have a chat, depends on your location. Will cost you a few quid but worth it.
    You can leave it in the employer scheme but keep some records on policy number and what company administers it etc or you could do a buy out bond or personal retirement bond and gain control of it yourself. Any decent advisor will be able to go through it with you

• Registered Users Posts: 14 YMSB89

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    A fee based financial advisor will put you straight. There's 2 great guys that have a bit of a tv/radio/internet presence called Paul Merriman and Eoin McGee. They're separate to each other but both good advisors. They have day to day practices outside the public persona so either of them or there are many others like them you could call and have a chat, depends on your location. Will cost you a few quid but worth it.
    You can leave it in the employer scheme but keep some records on policy number and what company administers it etc or you could do a buy out bond or personal retirement bond and gain control of it yourself. Any decent advisor will be able to go through it with you

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement