Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor on Pts
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm always jealous of Australia having mid day Sunday UFC cards all the time. Glorious. Enjoy man.

Yeah it’s a great timezone for UFC. POV are like FA Cup/Six Nations match at home. Even the fight night card are great with a hangover on the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ah ffs. I was told 3am.

I got up

I made snacks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭vafankillar

ardinn wrote: »
    Ah ffs. I was told 3am.

I got up

I made snacks!!!

i've misunderstood that too before, main card usually starts around 3am, rather than main event, which is usually between 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's the purse for Conor for this fight?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just heard Macgregors fight will be 06.00..
    Is that reasonably true?

Hope not.

If it goes the distance it will probably be over about 6am but it'll start closer to 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

McGregor by Sub
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Louis Vuitton I'd say
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

McGregor by Sub

Guaranteed 5mill I read ,with approx 20mill plus in ppv cut

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Apparently it's $5m for McGregor and $1m for Dustin. Both are getting PPV points as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭creeper1

I just heard Macgregors fight will be 06.00..
    Is that reasonably true?

Hope not.

I suppose that is possible but 5am is the time most are going with.

The whole thing might be over by 6am I am guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Is it OK if I don't devour frozen foods? I prefer my foods hot.

Was hoping there would be lots of early KOs to speed this up but I'm not tired yet and I've really enjoyed the fights so far. Lot of impressive technical work and a few sack taps for good measure.

• Advertisement

What about ice cream? You can't eat that hot you crazy person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Damn the hype is in overdrive.

Nothing like the Hellboy cold open to get the juices flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Them drones looked sh!t on TV.

DC was blown away haha

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I miss Joe Rogan, why isn't he commentating on it? Has he left the UFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

I miss Joe Rogan, why isn't he commentating on it? Has he left the UFC?

He no longer does fight nights, or numbered events outside America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    Just getting up now. Gad given my Sky Go login to a mate, turns out iys not available there, load of **** considering I pay so much for sky

Let's go Borat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

cletus wrote:
    He no longer does fight nights, or numbered events outside America

The more fights that take place outside the US the better. I can't stand Rogan, he's pretty clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub

Was hoping there would be lots of early KOs to speed this up but I'm not tired yet and I've really enjoyed the fights so far. Lot of impressive technical work and a few sack taps for good measure.

Early KO's won't speed up the event. The main card would always start at 3am even if we had 1st round KO's in every prelim fight unfortunately.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Let's go Borat!

Amanda Ribas definitely learned her English watching the Borat movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

eagle eye wrote: »
    The more fights that take place outside the US the better. I can't stand Rogan, he's pretty clueless.

I don't understand how so many people seem to like Rogan. He's wrong so often and just buys into hype way too much. Can't wait till he retires.

Marina Rodriguez playing to the crowd with this walkout music? :pac:

Great song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    Really confused to want to shag borat

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I don't understand how so many people seem to like Rogan. He's wrong so often and just buys into hype way too much. Can't wait till he retires.

I like his enthusiasm and I think he is really funny. I loved watching his youtube channel before he moved.

I'm not bothered if he is wrong from time to time, nobody is perfect. He brings a lot to the UFC.

• Advertisement

Whatever about missing crowds, I sure as fûck didn't miss that stupid "whoo"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    Seems to be Irish in the house. Could put a fight on the moon and we'd be there

I like his enthusiasm and I think he is really funny. I loved watching his youtube channel before he moved.

I'm not bothered if he is wrong from time to time, nobody is perfect. He brings a lot to the UFC.

I guess it's just a personal preference thing. He does nothing for me personally, kinda grew out of the pod as well.

I don't like Cormier on commentary either, too childlike. Bisping at least has the charisma to carry it. I like Gooden and Hardy the best tbh, Felder is decent too.

Herb ****ed up there

A preview of things to come with Herb Dean, desperate referee.

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Herb ****ed up there

Sorry, my mistake, I was sure he put a hand on her

Seems to be Irish in the house. Could put a fight on the moon and we'd be there

I actually know someone there which surprises me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Poirier by Sub
    Herb f**king up already

I think it was an easy mistake. I thought the same.

Might as well have. Luckily Rodriguez bailed him out by finishing her again.

Might as well have. Luckily Rodriguez bailed him out by finishing her again.

Nah, on replay, he was looking close, but didn't tell her it was over, and didn't put a hand on her to stop. Fight till the ref stops you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Herb is so bad now.

He stumbled over them, stopped her from punching, then says keep on fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Whatever about the ref, that was some lovely striking to end the fight.

McGregor by Sub
    No fault from Herb there in my opinion. It's like a football player stopping because he sees the ref put the whistle towards his lips but not actually blow it.

No fault from Herb there in my opinion. It's like a football player stopping because he sees the ref put the whistle towards his lips but not actually blow it.

If you're gonna move in, stop the fight. Nothing worse than indecision.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Whatever about the ref, that was some lovely striking to end the fight.

Yeah agreed, great striking there from Marina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I kind of agree, but people talk about fighter's landing unnecessary blows, it's no wonder. They will continue to do it if referees act like that. Herb got in too close in my opinion. I can understand where the confusion came from.

But yeah, I suppose just keep fighting until you're dragged off your opponent. Leaves no doubt.

Nah, on replay, he was looking close, but didn't tell her it was over, and didn't put a hand on her to stop. Fight till the ref stops you

Looking close? It was basically a threesome.

Very silly from Herb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭con___manx1

What time is mcgregor fighting?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I kind of agree, but people talk about fighter's landing unnecessary blows, it's no wonder. They will continue to do it if referees act like that. Herb got in too close in my opinion. I can understand where the confusion came from.

But yeah, I suppose just keep fighting until you're dragged off your opponent. Leaves no doubt.

I mean, Ribas hits the deck and is getting hammer fisted in the head pretty much unanswered. Looks to be a clear stoppage to me. Herb Dean has more dodgy moments than most refs, even though I do concede he referees a LOT of fights.

McGregor by Sub

Like Felder says, that's why fighters ground and pound until the ref drags them off. He moved in a little early and then realised Ribas was still defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McGregor by Sub

He actually did it twice.

Herb is a legend and I understand he never touched them, but it looked like he was stepping in to stop it.

Like Felder says, that's why fighters ground and pound until the ref drags them off. He moved in a little early and then realised Ribas was still defending.

She was in a turtle position getting blasted in the head, she wasn't intelligently defending herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McGregor by Sub
    She was in a turtle position getting blasted in the head, she wasn't intelligently defending herself.

Agreed.

If he wants a better look, grand. But don't rush forward in the exact same manner every ref has stopped every fight ever up to that point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

What time is mcgregor fighting?

5am or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement