Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

everlast75 wrote: »
    Conservative Only Nationalists?

Conservatives Under Nationwide Trump Sovereignty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I am genuienly surprised he didn't pardon himself and his family.... But I suppose there are 8 hours or so left....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,375 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I am genuienly surprised he didn't pardon himself and his family.... But I suppose there are 8 hours or so left....

He still may but those pardons can remain a secret until needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like Joe Exotic is going to miss out on getting out of prison, Netflix wont be happy

He still may but those pardons can remain a secret until needed.
    I don't know, I would have thought they would have had to be public. Maybe not advertised on TV but available for all to see (including journalists) if they want.

Otherwise they could be going around like the bad guys in Lethal Weapon 2:

"Dip-lo-met-ic I-mew-nity"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Penn wrote: »
    Conservatives Under Nationwide Trump Sovereignty

The XFL of political parties

Legal experts have given the opinion that pardons for the Trumps could land them in a worse position regarding some of their on-going legal battles, especially when it comes to their businesses. Trump pardoning himself for the Capitol stuff would also then open him up to being sued for damages, because part of being pardoned is admitting culpability.

Legal experts have given the opinion that pardons for the Trumps could land them in a worse position regarding some of their on-going legal battles, especially when it comes to their businesses. Trump pardoning himself for the Capitol stuff would also then open him up to being sued for damages, because part of being pardoned is admitting culpability.

Yeah, THAT'S a more believable reason alright. I know that was the concern initially "If you pardon it means you know there is something that needs pardoning". But I'm still surprised he took their advise..... so far

FBI James Comey will be on Claire Byrne sometime after 10am

Muahahaha wrote: »
    FBI James Comey will be on Claire Byrne sometime after 10am

I suppose he will maintain that we should forgive and forget, even after these egregious pardons...

• Advertisement

Seeing TDW have meltdowns over Trump not Pardoning Assange is giving me life for today.
    The bickering and accusing people of being Shills because they realised they got played. PMSL I even saw one remark how his followers are in Jail over the 6th and he's away in sunshine.

Tdw? Pmsl?

Tdw? Pmsl?

I had no idea either.

I had no idea either.

TDW = thedonald.win (website for trump fans from when thedonald subreddit was closed on reddit)

PMSL = p*ss myself laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seeing TDW have meltdowns over Trump not Pardoning Assange is giving me life for today.
    The bickering and accusing people of being Shills because they realised they got played. PMSL I even saw one remark how his followers are in Jail over the 6th and he's away in sunshine.

TDW?

TDW = thedonald.win (website for trump fans from when thedonald subreddit was closed on reddit)

PMSL = p*ss myself laughing

TYVM

One of the guys pardoned..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholam_Weiss

What are the odds trump was involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

One of the guys pardoned..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholam_Weiss

What are the odds trump was involved?

Wikipedia states "Sholam Weiss (born April 1, 1954) is an American former businessman and philanthropist, who served a 835 year sentence at FCI Otisville"

To be fair, he looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

One thing I didn't think of that I saw this morning is that Trump can actually write himself and his family pardons this morning before 12:00 and never publish them and just wait and pull them out if/when anyone is indicted. It seems extremely legally dodgy to me, but people much more versed in the US Constitution seem to agree that it's probably acceptable.

Which, IMHO, is wild stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Buck stops with him now.

What an idiotic, childish and contradictory post.

Trump blamed everyone else on COVID19 in America, everyone. He took absolutely zero accountability.

He blamed Obama, the US healthcare system and various different disease control organisations, some of which he personally shut down.

By the end of his shambolic presidency he was clearly bored with COVID and didn't give two fúcks about front line healthcare workers in the US (here, have a pen)...

Biden inherits a giant bag of rancid dog shít from the clown...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Keyzer wrote: »

Get used to those. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Keyzer wrote: »

Trump blamed everyone else on COVID19 in America, everyone. He took absolutely zero accountability.

He blamed Obama, the US healthcare system and various different disease control organisations, some of which he personally shut down.

By the end of his shambolic presidency he was clearly bored with COVID and didn't give two fúcks about front line healthcare workers in the US (here, have a pen)...

Biden inherits a giant bag of rancid dog shít from the clown...

Did Trump take the blame for anything?

Genuinely happy he hasn't pardoned any of the rioters from the Capitol. They were crying out for them!

That said, he still has a few hours...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The GOP is in a tough spot now for the next few years. There will be a massive element of people who always vote Republican or just voted for Trump because they personally were better off, even if they didn't like the guy. But of the 75m votes he got, how many are die-hard Trump fans? - maybe its 5m or 10m, which is enough for Trump or one of his offspring to continue with their movement and put a huge dent in any Republican challenger to Joe Biden. That would basically hand the election to the Democrats for the foreseeable.

So in the next 4 years they need to either:
    1. Row in behind Trump - unpalatable/unthinkable for many
    2. Completely abandon him/try destroy him - which risks losing his huge personal vote and jeopardises future presidential bids for Republican candidates
    3. Somehow sideline him and his organisation but keep his fanbase onside - this might mean knocking him out of a primary and having Trump endorse another candidate, can't imagine Trump gracefully accepting that fate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The GOP is in a tough spot now for the next few years. There will be a massive element of people who always vote Republican or just voted for Trump because they personally were better off, even if they didn't like the guy. But of the 75m votes he got, how many are die-hard Trump fans? - maybe its 5m or 10m, which is enough for Trump or one of his offspring to continue with their movement and put a huge dent in any Republican challenger to Joe Biden. That would basically hand the election to the Democrats for the foreseeable.

So in the next 4 years they need to either:
    1. Row in behind Trump - unpalatable/unthinkable for many
    2. Completely abandon him/try destroy him - which risks losing his huge personal vote and jeopardises future presidential bids for Republican candidates
    3. Somehow sideline him and his organisation but keep his fanbase onside - this might mean knocking him out of a primary and having Trump endorse another candidate, can't imagine Trump gracefully accepting that fate

Just on Option 1. Why have you got it down as unpalatable/unthinkable for many? They have done it perfectly for the last 4 years.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just on Option 1. Why have you got it down as unpalatable/unthinkable for many? They have done it perfectly for the last 4 years.

And they went from having the Presidency, Senate and House, to having none. Elements of Trumpism will serve them well as they did make gains in the House in this election, but Trump himself is likely to damage them further, especially after the Capitol riots.

Most Trump fans will stick with the GOP regardless as they're so strongly anti-Democrat, but for the GOP to pick up independents, especially if the Dems proceed with making voting easier as they plan to do, the GOP need to abandon Trump. It will do more to damage them in the long run.

James Comey on RTE radio 1 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

GOP will drop Trump like a hot rock.
    Any rebels within the party will be jettisoned and if it takes 4-8 years to regain their following, they'll wait it out.
    They're a long established political machine, not a fly by night cult like MAGA. They'll play the long game. And win(against Trumpists at any rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

Leaving the White House right now. Melania looks like shes off to a funeral.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cnn commentator

'' he look like a small man, a very small man''

Camera is a football field back from him.

Geez

hkGHMQN.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Trump going to speak with no Teleprompter at the air force base.

A very spiteful exit all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement