Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

notobtuse wrote: »

But wait ... what
    Sorry, don't watch Fox News. Stopped watching when liberal James Murdock took over control of FNC from his dad in 2019. Get the majority of my political news from RealClearPolitics and Allsides. But Trump should get credit for the fast development and implementation of the COVID vaccine.

At least you keep being inconsistent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

ohnonotgmail and notobtuse (and others getting involved too), drop the personal remarks and get back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Igotadose wrote: »
    Indeed, old chum:

'No Evidence of Scandal at ActBlue"

https://www.ifs.org/blog/actblue-scandal-no-evidence/

Didn't you say you didn't get news from Faux? You can do better I think. 10 seconds googling Fox's source...

Do you honestly believe Biden would continue the investigation into the dark money that helped him get questionably elected.

I said I don't watch Fox News. Only their opinion shows are on when I can watch TV, and their news shows are over by them. I never said I don't occasionally read news articles by Fox News.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What does that have to with democrat donors doing massive amounts of credit card charge backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Do you honestly believe Biden would continue the investigation into the dark money that helped him get questionably elected.

I said I don't watch Fox News. Only their opinion shows are on when I can watch TV, and their news shows are over by them. I never said I don't occasionally read news articles by Fox News.

What was questionable about the election? Down the rabbit hole we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I'm hesitating about replying to this because I think you're on very dodgy ground legally, implying that the Democrats have been involved in fraudulent fund raising campaigns, but:

Biden doesn't decide which fraud cases get investigated.

mumsnet?

Mumsnet? Never heard of it. No, a small place where intelligent people can discuss politics and not encumbered by draconian restrictions and petty people looking for a way to shut out opposing voices.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

volchitsa wrote: »
    I'm hesitating about replying to this because I think you're on very dodgy ground legally, implying that the Democrats have been involved in fraudulent fund raising campaigns, but:

Biden doesn't decide which fraud cases get investigated.

Come on. Where have you been when the reports came out about how Obama used the FBI and other government agencies to target and spy on Donald Trump and his political election committee?

Igotadose wrote: »
    What was questionable about the election? Down the rabbit hole we go.

Just for starters, how about the illegal election tactics used by my governor in the state of Pennsylvania? Then also the states of Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trolls are only here to feed off your frustration by making inane claims that can be instantly discredited with one click. Your replies are their oxygen, don't bother giving them it

• Advertisement

Just for starters, how about the illegal election tactics used by my governor in the state of Pennsylvania? Then also the states of Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin.
    That's very vague, care to elaborate?

That's very vague, care to elaborate?

I'll quote the law here...
    Under Pennsylvania’s constitution, only those qualified to vote may cast ballots, and voting must occur either (1) in person at a polling place or (2) by absentee ballot. Pennsylvania’s constitution permits only four categories of qualified voters to cast absentee ballots.
    The first is those who:
    ¯ “may, on the occurrence of any election, be absent from the municipality of their residence, because their duties, occupation or business require them to be elsewhere.”
    The second, third, and fourth are those “who, on the occurrence of any election”:
    ¯ “are unable to attend at their proper polling places because of illness or physical disability”;
    ¯ “will not attend a polling place because of the observance of a religious holiday”; and
    ¯ “cannot vote because of election day duties, in the case of a county employee.”
    In other words, under Pennsylvania’s constitution, qualified voters who want to cast ballots and fall under none of these four categories may vote only — yes, only –by showing up at a polling place and voting in person. Any other form of voting runs afoul of Pennsylvania’s constitution.

Our governor and the General Assembly put into effect something that was illegal because the legislature was the only body that can change election laws. Then people like Bill Gates threw huge amounts of money into getting democrats to take advantage of the illegal change in highly democratic areas which is most probably what gave Biden the win here.

https://www.post-journal.com/opinion/local-commentaries/2020/12/pa-election-law-is-unconstitutional/

Here is an example of how democrats used illegal changes in voter laws to ensure democrats wins. Thankfully there is a push, at least in red states, to get these tactics fixed.

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2021/03/29/lonestar-bias-texas-election-officials-received-36000000-to-turn-state-blue-n1435693

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Former President Donald Trump's reelection campaign issued a staggering sum of $122.7 million in refunds to supporters in 2020, giving back nearly 11% of the money it raised, according to an investigative report published by the New York Times on Saturday based on an analysis of Federal Election Commission filings.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/04/03/trump-campaign-reportedly-forced-to-refund-more-than-122-million-to-donors/?sh=6e04015658a3

mG684vI1J5fn.gif

Here is an example of how democrats used illegal changes in voter laws to ensure democrats wins. Thankfully there is a push, at least in red states, to get these tactics fixed.

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2021/03/29/lonestar-bias-texas-election-officials-received-36000000-to-turn-state-blue-n1435693

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Media
    In August 2018, PJ Media published an article by then supervising editor Paula Bolyard,[19] claiming that Google was manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump.[20] Bolyard acknowledged that her study was "not scientific", although she did conclude that "the results suggest a pattern of bias against right-leaning content." Fact checkers at PolitiFact rated this claim false.[21]

In January 2019, PJ Media published a column by their senior editor Tyler O'Neil[22] in which he insinuated in his article that a Muslim community patrol in New York City might be enforcing Sharia Law and might be linked to the NYPD.[23] This group, the Muslim Community Patrol Service (MCPS)[24] was a certified volunteer Neighborhood watch in Brooklyn, a NYC CERT[25] along with other community patrols such as the Brooklyn Asian Safety Patrol[26] and the Guardian Angels. PJ Media offered nothing that demonstrated the MCPS could, or planned to, "enforce Sharia law", beyond engaging in the speculative hypothetical that the MCPS might somehow "apply [...] Sharia in its community monitoring." Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[27]

In February 2019, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers John Hawkins,[28] also creator of Rightwingnews, in which he stated in an article titled "The Six Most Bizarre Proposals from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal",[29] making five out of six claims such as "getting rid of airplanes" or "getting rid of cows", aim to "get rid of gas-powered cars in a decade", call for eliminating carbon emissions in ten years "without the use of nuclear power", or "promise 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'". Fact checkers at NewsGuard rated these five claims false[30] which can be further verified by the official government resolution H.Res.109 Green New Deal[31] proposed by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

In January 2020, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers,[32] Robert B. Spencer, also founder and director of the anti-Muslim conspiracy blog Jihad Watch, in which he stated that congresswoman Ilhan Omar had given Iran military advice by suggesting it could target Trump hotels, and thus committed treason.[33] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[34]

In February 2020, PJ Media published a column by Victoria Taft, one of their writers[35] and a conservative talk show host,[36] in which she stated that President Barack Obama waited until millions were infected and 1000 dead in the U.S. before he declared the Pandemic H1N1/09 virus an emergency.[37] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[38]

According to NewsGuard,[39] articles on PJMedia.com have frequently included distorted or misleading claims,[40] including about the COVID-19 pandemic. A now deleted July 2020 article written by Matt Margolis headlined "COVID-19 May Soon Lose Status as an 'Epidemic' Under CDC Guidelines",[41] promoted a misleading claim originally published by JustTheNews.com. Many other websites reported this story by PJ Media.[42][43] After the fact, PJ Media never issued a correction to their original story, but only an update with changes and a new headline "COVID-19 Will Not Soon Lose Status as an 'Epidemic' Under the CDC".[44]

In August, 2020, PJ Media published an article by their Chicago editor Rick Moran,[45] claiming Democrats were urging presidential candidate Joe Biden not to debate with President Trump because they were concerned with the former vice president's mental stamina.[46] The source for this claim cited on the PJ Media article was from Newsweek, but the article states that the former vice president was advised not to debate Trump, citing "publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016" as well as cancelling debates over concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic.[47] Furthermore, the Newsweek article cited by PJ Media makes no mention about any mental stamina. According to CNN, Biden spokesman TJ Ducklo stated that presidential candidate Biden has already agreed to three debates with President Trump in Fall 2020.[48]

In September 2020, PJ Media published an article by senior editor Tyler O'Neil,[49] claiming that Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden was promising fewer fires, floods, and hurricanes if he should defeat Donald Trump in November.[50] Though Biden did promise he would solve the climate crisis if elected in November, but he did not literally promise fewer catastrophic events. Fact checkers at Snopes rated this claim as false,[51].

54ghyw.jpg

Billy Mays wrote: »
    And Biden's campaign issued $20.7 million in refunds. Donors failed to read the fine print on their credit card donations and later complained when they thought they were only making one time donations. I know the questionable tactics of both democrats and republicans and why my political donations are always made in the form of a check.

What does your article have to do with anything we were discussing?

What does you pointing to an article from a discredited news website as if it is evidence have anything to do with your opinion that we should take you seriously?

You linked to two articles, both opinion pieces. The law came in a year prior but they only contested it when they lost.... So even the legal challenge that occurred was in such bad faith, it was unanimously rejected.

The justices contended that if the plaintiffs had constitutional concerns over the mail-in voting law, their suit would have been filed earlier and not after millions of mail-in ballots were cast in the 2020 primary and general election. The justices further noted that the plaintiffs waited until after the votes had been tallied and their preferred presidential candidate lost the state.
    "Unsatisfied with the results of that wager, they would now flip over the table, scattering to the shadows the votes of millions of Pennsylvanians," Justice David Wecht wrote in a statement concurring with the three-page order. "It is not our role to lend legitimacy to such transparent and untimely efforts to subvert the will of Pennsylvania voters."

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/29/939859062/pennsylvania-supreme-court-rejects-republican-suit-to-throw-out-ballots

What does you pointing to an article from a discredited news website as if it is evidence have anything to do with your opinion that we should take you seriously?

I think I see news articles discredited from The New York Times about just as much.

And Biden's campaign issued $20.7 million in refunds. Donors failed to read the fine print on their credit card donations and later complained when they thought they were only making one time donations. I know the questionable tactics of both democrats and republicans and why my political donations are always made in the form of a check.
    Would appreciate a link to this as googling "Biden campaign 20.7m refunds" literally throws up nothing

• Advertisement

I think I see news articles discredited from The New York Times about just as much.

The important bit is highlighted. You are free to demonstrate with evidence that the NYT makes false claims as frequently and as unsubstantiated if you wish.

Why did they wait until the election to challenge the constitutionality? And you realise it was rejected by the supreme court because it was a last ditch effort to change the result...

The important bit is highlighted. You are free to demonstrate with evidence that the NYT makes false claims as frequently and as unsubstantiated if you wish.

Here's a recent one from a well respected newspaper for printing Biden's lies as truth. If we discount all sources that are forced to provide corrections then they all are subject, I guess.

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2021/04/03/atlanta-journal-constitution-offers-correction-printing-bidens-lies-ga-election-law-bill/

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Would appreciate a link to this as googling "Biden campaign 20.7m refunds" literally throws up nothing

You know I will always provide sources when asked.
    For all of 2020, meanwhile, the Trump campaign issued $122.7 million in refunds, while the Biden campaign issued just $20.7 million.

Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/373842/the-real-reason-trump-had-to-return-millions-of-dollars/?utm_campaign=clip

Here's a recent one from a well respected newspaper for printing Biden's lies as truth. If we discount all sources that are forced to provide corrections then they all are subject, I guess.

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2021/04/03/atlanta-journal-constitution-offers-correction-printing-bidens-lies-ga-election-law-bill/

I don't see what that has to do with my question. You stated that the NYT makes as many false claims as PJ Media. What is your evidence?

Here is a media bias chart, and I've highlighted both the NYT and PJ Media with arrows for your convenience.

UqW6CI7.png?1

Source is here and methodology is here. You are also free to look at other media bias charts created by different outlets if you wish.

What is your evidence that these charts are incorrect?

Why did they wait until the election to challenge the constitutionality? And you realise it was rejected by the supreme court because it was a last ditch effort to change the result...

It wasn't rejected by the supreme court, it just wasn't heard by them because it was a state law, not a constitutional law.

I don't see what that has to do with my question. You stated that the NYT makes as many false claims as PJ Media. What is your evidence?

Here is a media bias chart, and I've highlighted both the NYT and PJ Media with arrows for your convenience.

UqW6CI7.png?1

Source is here and methodology is here. You are also free to look at other media bias charts created by different outlets if you wish.

What is your evidence that these charts are incorrect?
    Here's another chart. I think The New York times is just as if not farther to the Left than some Right leaning media types lean to the Right.

PJ Media, AllSides Media Bias Rating: Right
    AllSides Media Bias Rating: Lean Left, and editorial board rating: Left

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version4.jpg

Yeah, gonna need a better scource than some gossip columnist

It wasn't rejected by the supreme court, it just wasn't heard by them because it was a state law, not a constitutional law.

That's.... that's what rejected means. Rejected means it is not heard by a court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Here's a better media bias chart, in my opinion. If you notice The New York times is farther to the Left than PJ Media is to the Right.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version4.jpg

Better for you because it only comcentrates on left vs right and ignores if a site contains factual reportimg or outright lies. BTW the link you posted comes from a site known for outright lies. The NYT does not fall into that category.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement