Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭briany

notobtuse wrote: »
    Fraud was committed in November to the benefit of Biden

Would you stop. Trump's team alleged this, but apparently Major Biden ate all that explosive smoking-gun evidence before it could be brought to court.

No I'm not asking you to read through hundreds of articles to prove that they are factual. Pick two or three. Posters seem to be saying none of their articles can be trusted. I'm saying otherwise. Do they get things wrong at times... yes. The same as everyone. Are they more guilty over others... I haven't seen that in the articles I've read.

And I have been consistent in what I have been saying.

I already did that. In my very first post to you. I posted a link to many of their false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The pregnancy comment is phrase I seen used numerous times in politics discussions here in the US. Maybe I should have said something like if you rob 2 people or 10 people your still a robber. You can't say one person is not a robber because he robbed 8 times less than someone else.

I would posit that there is a difference between a binary option and not a binary option and that implying someone robbing 2 people is the same as someone robbing 10 (or 16.6) people is a pretty stupid comment to make and speaks to the awfulness of trump that the main tactic is to unsuccessfully try and reduce others to his awful level.

trump was an awful president, he wasn't just an awful president, he was probably worse than 44 other presidents, that doesn't make him as awful as the 22nd worst president, it makes him far far worse because it's not a binary option.

It is funny watching trumpeters still talk about the election when the facts are in court they had to admit no fraud occurred over and over again, they are treating their supporters as really dumb idiots who'll believe anything.

You've claimed the election wasn't fair, then you claimed to offer proof but that was far from credible.... It's pretty apparent that you've built your own bubble...

This appears to be a very common trait of our trump supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭briany

Main thing that Trump conspiracists have to fall back on is 'stacks' of sworn affidavits saying that funny business went on during the election. The problem is that you could also get a stack of sworn affidavits from people alleging they encountered a 7+ foot tall hominid in the woods while hunting. Keep in mind, however, that despite all the people who would swear up and down that they saw something in the woods, none of this forms a body of evidence that leads us to conclude that Bigfoot is real.

But there is money to be made from the idea of Bigfoot. Crappy Discovery Channel shows (god that channel went down the sh*tter), and merchandise etc. and there is lots of money to be made off of the current Trump grift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I wouldn't waste my time reading anything you link to, you're clearly still deluded.

Sadly, he's not alone

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1379280200366755840?s=19

What's more sad about this?

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1379175013362860042?s=19

1) that he called for a boycott on coke and is still drinking it?
    2) that he did such a sh1tty job of trying to hide it?
    3) that he has a set up as if he was still president

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »

I saw another article talking about some of the other things visible in that photo.

His glasses can be seen on the desk , the fact that him needs them for reading is something he's terribly embarrassed about apparently.

There's also a bronze statue of Trump on the table to the left behind Miller - Which is just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is that ugly plaque thing on his desk?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

what is that ugly plaque thing on his desk?

Some "gift" or other from the CBPA - but its presence front and centre is part of his latest "branding" efforts.

If you notice , his new website doesn't use his name - It's 45Office.com and not TrumpXYZ.com etc.

He also keeps referring to himself as "Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States" which whilst technically accurate, is not how any other President refers to themselves - Obama doesn't call himself "44th President" etc.

The benefits are twofold - The name "Trump" is toxic right now, so for the 1st time in his life he's avoiding using his name.

Also - By using the "45" moniker he avoids ever having to use the term that every other President uses to describe themselves, namely "FORMER".

So all his gullible marks now have a way to call him "President" without anyone ever having to make reference to the fact that his lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm just amazed the photo of Mount Rushmore on the wall doesn't have his face photoshopped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Penn wrote: »
    I'm just amazed the photo of Mount Rushmore on the wall doesn't have his face photoshopped on it.

Ha was just about to post this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Penn wrote: »
    Ha was just about to post this :D

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Sweet pog collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The best people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Not sure how much credit to give to that story.

If Gaetz did look for a pardon why would Trump not give it to him? Gaetz had been, and certainly would remain, a staunch defender of Trump and the MAGA movement and be an advocate in any plans to reelection in 2024 or even just to continue to run the ridiculous Voting Fraud narrative repeatedly in the media.

I can only assume that the mess he is in is too much even for Trump to get involved in. So if the story is true then things are looking decidedly dodgy for Gaetz.

Leroy42 wrote: »

If Gaetz did look for a pardon why would Trump not give it to him? Gaetz had been, and certainly would remain, a staunch defender of Trump and the MAGA movement and be an advocate in any plans to reelection in 2024 or even just to continue to run the ridiculous Voting Fraud narrative repeatedly in the media.

I can only assume that the mess he is in is too much even for Trump to get involved in. So if the story is true then things are looking decidedly dodgy for Gaetz.

Or maybe trump was told that blanket pre-emptive pardons won't holder water.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Trump may have been asking for more money than Gaetz could afford. €25M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

And I understand The New York Times might also be working on a story involving Gaetz clubbing baby seals with Idi Amin. Seems the NYT might have derived this breaking news from unidentified and anonymous sources, as is custom with most of their sources when writing hit pieces on republicans. :pac:

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

And I understand The New York Times might also be working on a story involving Gaetz clubbing baby seals with Idi Amin. Seems the NYT might have derived this breaking news from unidentified and anonymous sources, as is custom with most of their sources when writing hit pieces on republicans. :pac:

And when it comes out that this is all true, you'll shrug your shoulders and equivocate/excuse or distance or disappear from boards for a bit until some other disgrace comes along.

I've had 4 years plus of Trumpites' behaviour. At this stage it's utterly predictable.

And when it comes out that this is all true, you'll shrug your shoulders and equivocate/excuse or distance or disappear from boards for a bit until some other disgrace comes along.

I've had 4 years plus of Trumpites' behaviour. At this stage it's utterly predictable.
    Nah, stopped posting because I was tired of the nonsense, hatred, and little minds working overtime to get me banned because they didn't like what I had to say. I make a post or two and they're most all back, like ticks on a dog. Wanted to see if Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) was only a temporary thing, but sadly I fear it might be incurable and maybe even terminal.

But regarding Gaetz...

EyYZFAGWQAc4yKv?format=jpg&name=small

But why believe the former President when there are anonymous sketchy sources with unreliable information to be believed... right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Nah, stopped posting because I was tired of the nonsense, hatred, and little minds working overtime to get me banned because they didn't like what I had to say. I make a post or two and they're most all back, like ticks on a dog. Wanted to see if Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) was only a temporary thing, but sadly I fear it might be incurable and maybe even terminal.

But regarding Gaetz...

But why believe the former President when there are anonymous sketchy sources with unreliable information to be believed... right?

You believe the guy who has lied tens of thousands of times over the NYT?

Right so. No discussion can be had with you. We live in different realities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

We don’t believe Trump because he’s an established liar who lies a lot. About everything. All the time.

But regarding Gaetz...

Haha, I remember a time when Trump was adamant that he never paid any money to Stormy. The fact that he says it means nothing. The guy is a total an compulsive liar. He lies about easily proven facts (crowd size, size of EC win) why would you even think he wouldn't lie about something like this?

You believe the guy who has lied tens of thousands of times over the NYT?

Right so. No discussion can be had with you. We live in different realities.

When it comes to the NYT reporting on Trump... Yeah, mostly so.

Sounds good, but unfortunately somehow I think I'll be hearing from you the next time I say something you don't like, making more rid........ Oh, why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

But regarding Gaetz...

Why indeed.

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

That is 20.94 lies every day of his Presidency. Every. Single. Day.

The only thing that can get you banned is your own behaviour.
    But regarding Gaetz...

yeah why would somebody not believe a man with 10s of thousands of documented lies.

When it comes to the NYT reporting on Trump... Yeah, mostly so.

Sounds good, but unfortunately somehow I think I'll be hearing from you the next time I say something you don't like, making more rid........ Oh, why bother.

But NYT has been proven to be right on many many occasions regarding stories about Trump.

And Trump has been shown to be a serial and compulsive liar.

So on the one hand you have, on your view, a media organisation that sometimes gets things wrong. On the other, you have Trump that is known to be a total liar.

And you wonder why people query your posts when you take the side of the serial liar before knowing any real information?

• Advertisement

Haha, I remember a time when Trump was adamant that he never paid any money to Stormy. The fact that he says it means nothing. The guy is a total an compulsive liar. He lies about easily proven facts (crowd size, size of EC win) why would you even think he wouldn't lie about something like this?

Seems to me Biden has now taken up the compulsive liar mantle. Or should we just chalk it up to dementia?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement