Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

notobtuse wrote: »
    Seems to me Biden has now taken up the compulsive liar mantle. Or should we just chalk it up to dementia?

First, we need to establish why you ignore the fact that Trump is a serial liar?

This isn't about Biden

Why are you taking the word of a known liar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But NYT has been proven to be right on many many occasions regarding stories about Trump.

And Trump has been shown to be a serial and compulsive liar.

So on the one hand you have, on your view, a media organisation that sometimes gets things wrong. On the other, you have Trump that is known to be a total liar.

And you wonder why people query your posts when you take the side of the serial liar before knowing any real information?

Both Trump and the NYT's lie. Until it is proven one way or another I choose to believe Trump. But sadly, either it will go no further as the editorial staff are high-fiving themselves over hurting yet another republican at the expense of journalistic integrity, or the NYT will be proven wrong and will bury their correction on page 22 right below a hemorrhoid cream advertisement... and in small print.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Both Trump and the NYT's lie. Until it is proven one way or another I choose to believe Trump. But sadly, either it will go no further as the editorial staff are high-fiving themselves over hurting yet another republican at the expense of journalistic integrity, or the NYT will be proven wrong and will bury their correction on page 22 right below a hemorrhoid cream advertisement... and in small print.

so a handful of mistakes versus more than 20,000 lies yet you believe the person with 20,000+ lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Both Trump and the NYT's lie.

I hope you don't work at anything technical because your grasp of magnitude and frequency isn't very strong. By your logic a toothpick and a lorry load of 12 foot lengths of two by four are basically the same thing.

I hope you don't work at anything technical because your grasp of magnitude and frequency isn't very strong. By your logic a toothpick and a lorry load of 12 foot lengths of two by four are basically the same thing.
    It's the magnitude of the lies that counts. Haven't you ever heard the term quality over quantity? And the NYT's are whoppers.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Sure do and everything runs smoothly. Next personal insult you'd like to throw out?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    First, we need to establish why you ignore the fact that Trump is a serial liar?

This isn't about Biden

Why are you taking the word of a known liar?

Sure it is. This is about Trump's future. Seems he passed the baton to Biden on that. Biden is a know liar and cheat... do you take his word for anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It's the magnitude of the lies that counts. Haven't you ever heard the term quality over quantity? And the NYT's are whoppers.

Trump wins on that front too.

“One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

You must be outraged by how Trump repeatedly downplayed covid-19 and regularly discouraged mask wearing so. Cause the magnitude of those lies cost considerable numbers of live.

Trump believed that Obama wasn't American, that climate change was a Chinese hoax and, probably the biggest lie of all, that "smart people agree with me".

What bigger lies have NYT told?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OK. Try this then. Can you think of a lie from the NYT that is bigger than that the election was stolen?

OK. Try this then. Can you think of a lie from the NYT that is bigger than that the election was stolen?
    Sue can... Russian collusion. And the election may been stolen. To the point where enough votes would have caused Trump to have won, might be doubtful, but it doesn't resolve democrats of their illegal activities in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Seems to me Biden has now taken up the compulsive liar mantle. Or should we just chalk it up to dementia?
    Sure it is. This is about Trump's future. Seems he passed the baton to Biden on that. Biden is a know liar and cheat... do you take his word for anything?

Mod

This thread is indeed about Trump's future. Why then, do you feel the need to caat a lot of aspersions about Biden's character here?

Don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trolls are only here to feed off your frustration by making inane claims that can be instantly discredited with one click. Your replies are their oxygen, don't bother giving them it

Think this needs to be addressed again

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

everlast75 wrote: »

Mod

If you want to use Twitter to validate your opinions, please provide your own comments as well.

Sue can... Russian collusion. And the election may been stolen. To the point where enough votes would have caused Trump to have won, might be doubtful, but it doesn't resolve democrats of their illegal activities in the matter.

There was collusion and obstruction of the investigation into that collusion. The meeting between Veselnetskaya which was denied by Trump happened. His campaign manger was working with Oleg Deripaska. Another campaign manager was in communication directly with Russian intelligence regarding the wikileaks dump.

Do you have a link to an article by NYT that was factually incorrect?

There was collusion and obstruction of the investigation into that collusion. The meeting between Veselnetskaya which was denied by Trump happened. His campaign manger was working with Oleg Deripaska. Another campaign manager was in communication directly with Russian intelligence regarding the wikileaks dump.

Do you have a link to an article by NYT that was factually incorrect?
    Regardless of your opinion, there was proven to be no collusion between Trump and Russia. So yes... all the many articles they published about the so-called Russia collusion. And this is what is really appalling... Reporter Michael Schmidt shared a Pulitzer for his coverage of the Russia collusion with Trump. What is even worse is the NY Times coverage created the collusion hysteria and impeachment, which was proven to be fundamentally misleading because there was no collusion or obstruction. But hell will freeze over before the NY Times admits to their lies.

Great. What is the basis for your calculation of the quality of a lie?

Regardless of your opinion, there was proven to be no collusion between Trump and Russia. So yes... all the many articles they published about the so-called Russia collusion. And this is what is really appalling... Reporter Michael Schmidt shared a Pulitzer for his coverage of the Russia collusion with Trump. What is even worse is the NY Times coverage created the collusion hysteria and impeachment, which was proven to be fundamentally misleading because there was no collusion or obstruction. But hell will freeze over before the NY Times admits to their lies.

I think you might misunderstand the role of the media.

They are not judge and jury. Their role is to follow leads, raise questions, follow the statements and question the different scenarios.

It is not that they 'think' something, they are putting out the possibility given the information that they have been provided and the checks they have done.

Trump, or all politicians, cant simply ask questions. Trump knew the election wasn't stolen? Why, because every single official was telling him and providing the evidence. He simply ignored that and continued to lie.

He then went further and ask officials to corrupt the fair vote in his favour. A man that, on record, asked a state official to corrupt the legal vote so that he could steal an election and you think you should believe him about anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

What's the differnce between a troll and a trumpist?

Trolls get banned.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

duploelabs wrote: »
    Think this needs to be addressed again

It's sad that this is all that's left.

There's no debate to be had anymore.

You can't debate with people who don't live in the same reality.

It's as plain as the nose on their face yet they don't see it. Either that, or they do and are just here for some sad kicks.

Round and round we go.

Now you're telling lies. When was it proven that there was no collusion? A lack of understanding on your part doesn't count. On the NYT, pretty much everything that they reported regarding Trump and Russia turned out to be true. The fact that you're incapable of providing evidence to the contrary suggests to me at least that you either don't understand what you're saying or are willfully lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Wrong again. (Bold mine)
    Former special counsel Robert Mueller pushed back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s characterizations of his 22-month investigation, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that he did not evaluate “collusion” with the Russian government, and confirming that his report did not conclude that there was “no obstruction” of the probe.

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

Not to mention the 215 indictments that arose out of the investigations in to Trumps shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Trumpian position is that the Russian collusion accusations were totally (no pun intended) trumped up. That's despite a full federal investigation and members of Trump's team being prosecuted, and Trump not actually being exonerated.

But allegations of voter fraud despite several recounts/audits and being laughed out of just about every court they were brought to? Oh, you can take that to the bank.

We're not really dealing with people interested in facts. We knew this already, but I think it's always worth stating again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1379831785194987523?s=19

Trump: Cries about "cancel culture"
    Also Trump: Cancels you if you don't donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What's the differnce between a troll and a trumpist?

Trolls get banned.

Other way around.

It says a lot about how they view their voters. They act like they believe that they're as thick as pig shít. I don't know if they're right to believe it but they really do believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Same old same old.

Republicans tried to cancel the Dixie Chicks, Hollywood celebrities, Colin Kaepernick, Gillette, Nike, the NFL, NBA, Lebron James, MLB, people who voted against Trump in his impeachment trial.

And all the time, as you say, crying about cancel culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hey dude, speaking of Russian collusion, whatever happened to the Durham investigation? Big fat nothing burger that turned out to be.

I seem to remember you predicting there'd be multiple high profile prosecutions (Brennan, Clapper, Comey et al) which may lead to them testifying against Obama and Biden, then suddenly....silence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement