Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I'm waiting for the day Biden says "Well I still have a roof over my head..."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Frankenstein's monster is very close to killing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ask them who controls the Jews and get ready for the David Icke thrill ride of your life.

It's not that I'm unwilling to accept that there are powerful Jewish businessmen who can put a thumb on government policy, but no more or less than I'm willing to accept that there are powerful Christian businessmen who can do the same, or Muslim ones. It's not as if the US isn't uncomfortably cosy with Saudi Arabia too often, for example. Basically, if you have money, you can get things done. It's not about the religious denomination but the denomination of your bank notes.

Weirdly, the Jewish conspiracy theories always lead to a hatred or suspicion of all Jewish people. So, they're angry at what must be a small collective of people who allegedly run the world, and that makes it somehow OK to ostracise some man down the street who just does a 9 to 5.

Worth remembering that one thing that seems to bind all extremist viewpoints together is this abiding belief that a small number of elites run the world. But none of these movements ever seem to have a clear idea of who these elites are or a cogent plan to eliminate just them and render the world a utopia for all its ordinary citizens. Instead, their plan always involves hating other ordinary people. It's completely moronic. If there are that small elite of people who run the world behind closed doors, they must be laughing their heads off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭amandstu

I agree .It is very wrong that wealthy individuals have so much political power.

As you say people seem to vote for the status quo in that regard.

Is US much worse than other countries in that respect,I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was sticking out that his takeover of the RNC was to enable the diversion of funds straight to him.

• Advertisement

They say the best disinfectant is sunlight.

(Second to that kind of disinfectant you inject to stop COVID of course)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Most definitely.

The big money donors aren't giving him any money - Why the hell would they? Any money he gets is being spent on lawyers.

People donate to political campaigns to influence policy, not to keep Rapist frauds out of Prison.

By taking over the RNC he thinks he'll get access to that money by proxy.

However, actual billionaires didn't get that way by being stupid so it's far more likely that they'll just sit this Election cycle out.

Which of course hurts the entire GOP election campaign across the board , not that Trump gives a damn of course.

ETTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Yeah the thing about the elite group of people running the world theory for me is, if that was true, Harvey Weinstein would not have been jailed. Trump, if he was in the group would have won in 2020, or if he was not in the group, would not have won in 2016.

Obviously, Trump would have no problem whatsoever turning the Republican party apparatus into his own personal ATM machine, but aren't there some hard and fast federal rules on the use of political funds?

OK, not that Trump would care all that much at this stage. He's already under several major criminal indictments. Even if it's illegal, he could still use RNC funding for personal business under to motto of 'in for a penny, in for a pound'.

Considering how pro-Trump (or maybe anti-Biden) Elon Musk has become over the last couple of years, I wonder is there any chance he'll help Trump out with posting that bond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,548 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

or

What the chances Musk’s X buys Truth Social for a few *billion to save Trumps ass.

Musk has a habit of over spending on social media platforms.

He can rename Truth Social X squared the real free speech platform.

*Backed by Oil Country money.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RNC being used to pay his legal bills after all: money will be diverted from the RNC into Trump's PAC, which is being used to pay his bills

• Registered Users Posts: 60,548 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fools and their money and all that and they will keep on giving it.

Musk's desperation to get Trump back on Twitter that I could well see him pulling something like that.

Reports are they spoke at MAL and Musk declined to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It seems to me that there's a lot more "poorly educated" than people thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

From a clip of Musk I saw this morning, he said Twitter is still over $12bn in the red (not including debt interest which is growing), and advertising has still been dropping like a stone. Pretty sure he's also on dicey ground with selling more stock of Tesla & SpaceX given how much he sold off to try and cover his Twitter debts.

Musk's value is in shares etc. I don't think he could throw Trump half a billion (which he'd likely never get back) even if he wanted to even just for trolling/attention.

Also saw someone talk about how Trump says he went to about 30 different companies to cover the bond but none of them would. The more telling thing is that he doesn't even seem to have been able to get those companies to cover 1/30 of the bond each or similar. It's clear at this point that Trump's properties are levied to the max, no banks or bond companies trust the valuations of the properties, none of them have any faith in him being able to win, or to even repay if he did. The banks alway have "If he stiffs us, we'll take him to court" in their back pocket. Considering Trump is arguing all the way to the Supreme Court that he should be immune from prosecution on everything everywhere all at once, I don't see any banks, billionaires, or rich jackasses like Musk, coming to his aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A bond company wouldn't accept property as collateral no matter who it was asking for the bond. They only accept liquid or near liquid assets as collateral

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump has been "Hoisted by his own Petard" as it were.

All these Judgements are the size they are in significant part because he had liedd so much about how wealthy he is.

Had he not bragged and lied about his wealth, the E Jean Carroll judgement would have been a lot smaller for certain.

He can't get anyone to backstop his appeal because no one believes his valuations for his assets and no one trusts him.

The implications of a lifetime of lies and deceit are perhaps finally come home to roost.

Putting aside of course that if he had shut his mouth re E Jean Carroll, he wouldn't have had to find the level of bond for her case, and if he had of been contrite in the AG case in Manhattan, it is very likely the bond in that case wouldn't have been so high.

As the old saying goes, "the dildo of consequences rarely appears lubed".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This is whats really going to nuke him though surely that once these properties are stripped he has even less methods to try to repay how much debt he has levied against them and he will also still be on the hook for the land leases many of them sit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Looks like the judge will examine exactly where the bond comes from so no shady money

Indeed - His actual real world net wealth is not in the billions or even close.

Once you take away the repayments of mortgages and other debts along with the various taxes due across the board , the net proceeds of selling every single thing he owns might not cover his current total legal exposure.

Forbes put his estimated net worth at $2.3B a year or so ago and many suspect that is quite a bit of an over estimation and does not reflect his true debt exposure level.

If the appeals court don't rule today that he can hold off on this payment (or even reduce it) he is done for.

Letitia James will clean him out completely and the Court oversight monitor will ensure that he can't hide assets or transfer them to others as well.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

One thing I am hoping for from all of this, is to see those gold-plated "TRUMP" letters pulled off that tower building and thrown to the ground. It would be not too unlike the moments we had after fall of the USSR when various Stalins & Lenin statues were toppled from their pedasils. But instead of Eastern Europe sheding the physical reminders of Russian domination, this would be the US shedding itself of the physical patomime that Trump is anything but a fraud and a failure as a human being.

But the thing I look most forward to is how it would impact Donnie himself. You can kick him out of the White House, and he can scream "Election Fraud!" to make himself a political crusader. You can put him in jail, and he'll style himself as policial martyr. But if you take the "Trump" out of Trump Tower, a symbol so tied to his brand and sense of self importance; a building he even bragged about during 9/11; then that might just drive him over the edge. He will have nothing, he will become nothing and the world will be laughing at him. This is the best punishement for him. This is what will hurt him the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Stanley 1

Stiffing the NY business community and a lot of small companies with 6 bankruptcies is coming back to bite his fat arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Worth taking the Forbes 'estimates' with a pinch of salt as those numbers aren't verified and are submitted by the person themselves, as testified by Michael Cohen

Couldn't agree more.

I was reading yesterday that Trump is refusing to consider Bankruptcy as a pathway out.

It would actually make the most sense for him financially speaking and allow him to keep hold of some of his assets and avoid the worst of the impact - BUT his big concern is how it would play with the voters as him going bankrupt AGAIN would potentially finally ruin his "Super Billionaire Businessman" persona.

That's very telling I think as it says that his biggest fear is going to jail and he needs the Presidency to stop that so he'd rather have Letitia James seize all his assets so he can keep the MAGAs onside to try and get elected rather than play the bankruptcy card for the 7th time to save himself from penury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But will he have an option when everyone starts coming asking for their money that he doesn't have?

• Advertisement

I'm not quite sure how it works when Letitia James starts seizing assets.

If they seize a building in lieu of his fine , but it has a Mortgage on it , I'm not sure what happens to that debt.

Would NY State then have first dibs on the Sale of that asset and maybe only offer the Mortgage provider pennies on the dollar in return or would they have to satisfy the debts first and only take the "profits" as it were?

The bigger problem for Trump might be from "silent" partners - For example he bought the Golf Clubs in Scotland and Ireland for Cash and know one knew where exactly that cash had come from as he had been nearly broke only a year or two prior to that.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement