Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Is that **** not in prison yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jeffrey Clark also likely to be disbarred, shortly after John Eastman for involvement in coup attempt

https://wapo.st/3U7tajb

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well let's check in with ol' Peacekeeper Trump and see what he thinks Israel should do.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-says-israel-should-get-it-over-with-in-gaza_n_660f0e7de4b09f580bc72b97?d_id=7500655&ncid_tag=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=us_main

Former president Donald Trump urged Israel to speed up its brutal offensive in Gaza against terror group Hamas because images of the destruction there are creating bad publicity for Israel.

“Every night, they’re releasing tapes of a building falling down. They shouldn’t be releasing tapes like that. That’s why they’re losing the PR war. They, Israel, is absolutely losing the PR war,” Trump told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in an interview Thursday.

“Get it over with. They’ve got to finish what they finish. They have to get it done,” Trump said. “Get it over with, and get it over with fast, because we have to, you have to get back to normalcy and peace.”

I mean give the man the Nobel Peace Prize right now. "Israel are losing the PR war, they should finish off Palestine fast so we can get back to normal."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The fact that trump is the Republican nominee is truly terrifying.

After the indictments, the sexual assault case, the insurrection, the Impeachments.

He’s a morally bankrupt evil person.

If he wins, then the us is done imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

America has plenty of history of anti-catholocism. Used to be one of the KKK's main points, though they've since dialed that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Imagine having the balls to ask people, who are clearly targeted as the extremely poor, and asking them to contribute to "his campaign" (his legal fund) while Trump is at the podium telling all who will listen that he will take away social security benefits*from them*.

An absolute cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bog master

Why does the cynic in me think Judge Cannon is playing for a seat at SCOTUS if tfg wins the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

An absolute cult.

I think you misspelled that. 😉

Edit: A bit slow off the mark this morning. Note to self: Drink coffee, read full thread, then comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It would appear that the company that are providing the $175M bond to Trump for his court appear don't actually have the funds to cover the debt if required.

They aren't properly registered in NY as a bond provider , they don't appear to have $175M in readily available cash to pay the bond if needed and even if they did they don't appear to meet the requirement that no single bond amount to more than 10% of available assets - Trump bond would account for 127% of their available funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Maybe he can get them to lower the amount again /s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

That's likely what he'll try.

When I first saw the news that his bond was rejected due to bad filing work, I was almost hopeful what Donnie's selection of dimwits to do his bidding would bite him in the ass again, and cost him his properties. But so far my feeling was that he'd somehow still get away with it.

But now we see that Donnie went and selected a potential saviour that he might not have even been allowed to use for this. Again, I fully expect him to somehow get out of this too. But it would be beyond hillarious if he actually managed to still lose it all now, despite all of the extra breaks he's been given. All thanks to the "stable genius" and his "best people".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Surely the courts cannot stand idly by and allow Trump to make a mockery of them. That is clearly what this is. First, he claimed he couldn't pay, claiming that there was never a bond as big as this (which of course is a lie). Then he gets it reduced and files the bond incorrectly (surely the lawyer that submitted it must be held accountable) and now it turns out it breaks all the rules in terms of the financial position of the bondholder.

He is giving two fingers to the courts. Bought himself another few weeks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He can, because guilt & his personality aside these escapades remind that the Court System on these issues are always geared towards giving rich people as much leeway as possible. That blatant inequity existed long before Biden or Trump talked Presdential campaigns and neither intend fixing it - but if you're rich, you get a better court experience than if you or I committed half the things Trump has.

Helps too if you got a cult behind you too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think it's too late for that. It's part of the reason he stacked the supreme court with pliable non-entities and he can always leverage the MAGA loons to exert more pressure if needs be. Or he could just buy them as has been done with Clarence Thomas.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Oh, I fully expect this is Donnie scrambling to try and delay everything until he can hopefully get into the White House and make off of this (and potentially the people related to it) disappear.

But I also think this was an actual attempt to post the newly agreed bond, but since he is so very bad with money & business in general, that his own stupidity is creating a good deal of this circus. He probably went to this Don Hankey character, offered him the moon for his help, and then reaped the reward of having to rely upon an out-of-state bordlerline-legal sub-prime debt reseller who only have 2 theoretical Billions to rub together is everything goes to hell. New York requires that the bond be no more than 10% of a bonder's available cash, meaning this Knight Group might not fit the bill at all.

He is certainly giving the courts the 2 fingers, that's for sure, but Donnie is also a self-important nitwit, and I think that has a lot to do with what is happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I'd like to welcome you to my ignore list. You will like it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Congratulations on your achievement. You have now won boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In other news.. The inevitable collapse continues..

Down ~30% since initial launch.

All the candlestick charting etc. indicates that all lower support levels are non-existent and absent some major positive financial news very very soon the decline is only going to accelerate.

and all the Wall Street money is betting on the stock collapsing, with no critical mass of gamestonk bros to bet against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Maga pawned again.

Watching his stock drop is addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Could we get contrasting charts - his stock value on the one side with the interest on his 450M debt on the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

U do remember a certain centrist claiming that DJT was outclassing Reddit and the latter was going to due a death under the tremendous brilliance of his master's floatation.

Well that comment aged like the XFL

It's a weird one - The available stock is almost exclusively owned by small "retail investors" aka - MAGA fans.

Trump and the other "restricted" stock holders own about 75/80% of the shares so the amount of actual shares being traded is really small compared to a typical IPO stock.

Shorting the stock is actually very difficult for a number of reasons - There are very few shares available to trade and because there are no large scale investors to speak of it's very hard to find someone to buy the other side of the short option and so the cost of the short is exceptionally high relative to the return.

The drop right now is mostly the retail investors with any kind of brain bailing out before the total collapse , but that could take a while as it's probably not unreasonable to suggest that a decent chunk of the current stock holders have bought in for emotional (aka Cult follower) reasons and not for financial/logical reasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If this collapse was only ever inevitable, then someone explain to this man utterly pig-ignorant of stocks & finance: what was the point of floating it in the first place? Surely Trump had "some" kind of plan he hoped would yield him megabucks, right? Given how obvious this was going to happen, there still must have been some kind of edge-case that might have been a win?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This is what baffles me, due to how much stock is held by restricted stock holders the second they were given leave to sell it would drop like a stone regardless of how high it was trading so by the time they do get permission it will be in penny stock ranges. Were they hoping for someone to try buy them out? I don't see any plan beyond the scam which will yield them maybe a few million at most once the stock finds its true floor value.

They had to float or the SPAC deal would have collapsed and money would have had to be returned to the original entities.

Also , by floating it freed up another tranche of the original investment money - About $200M , which is for now at least sitting as an asset on the books for "DJT".

Anything they might have been able to squeeze from the share price is gravy.

Trump is hoping that enough cult members hold on to the stock for the 6 months so that he can cash out.

There is also the very real possibility that "bad actors" could use the DJT stock as a way of donating to Trump and circumventing campaign finance and/or Foreign influence rules.

What's to stop MBS for example dropping a few hundred million into DJT stock for Trump to cash out on??

The whole thing is just absolutely rife with opportunities for dodgy dealing and outright corruption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That was a joke. Quite obviously, I even said that at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement