Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The handjob at Beetlejuice had got her into the running too. She's gonna have to go see Hamilton now...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Perhaps you have me blocked, or it was just how early I posted it, but happy to post again for you:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-says-israel-should-get-it-over-with-in-gaza_n_660f0e7de4b09f580bc72b97?d_id=7500655&ncid_tag=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=us_main

Former president Donald Trump urged Israel to speed up its brutal offensive in Gaza against terror group Hamas because images of the destruction there are creating bad publicity for Israel.

“Every night, they’re releasing tapes of a building falling down. They shouldn’t be releasing tapes like that. That’s why they’re losing the PR war. They, Israel, is absolutely losing the PR war,” Trump told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in an interview Thursday.

“Get it over with. They’ve got to finish what they finish. They have to get it done,” Trump said. “Get it over with, and get it over with fast, because we have to, you have to get back to normalcy and peace.”

So there you go. Trump thinks Israel should hurry up and get it over with, not because of the effect of the murder and destruction on the Palestinian people but because it's bad PR for Israel, and to get back to normalcy and peace, not by stopping the genocide but by completing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No I largely dont bother reading posters I have on Ignore, thats logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

Also means you can avoid answering questions you can't answer, very handy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just to quote your article, just to make it clear and can't be missed.

Trump is urging the genocide be finished, not stopped. "He didn't start any wars" curries little credibility when, faced with a clear issue he coulyd yet inherit, has simply urged Netanyahu to get on with it. It's a plainly bad faith arguments that tries to ignore interrogating Trump's words.

And that's before you get into the tricky weeds of air and drone strikes, and the decision to stop reporting civilian casualties during his term. A lack of intellectual curiosity is not an especially enviable attribute.

“Get it over with. They’ve got to finish what they finish. They have to get it done,” Trump said. “Get it over with, and get it over with fast, because we have to, you have to get back to normalcy and peace.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ok I have read that interview now.

The full quote is,as some was intentionally omitted by the Huffpost.

Trump said that Israel is “absolutely losing the PR war” and called for a swift resolution to the bloodshed.

“Get it over with and let’s get back to peace and stop killing people. And that’s a very simple statement,” Trump said. “They have to get it done. Get it over with and get it over with fast because we have to — you have to get back to normalcy and peace.”

Trump was also criticized by some in Israel for comments he made to the Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom last month calling for a swift end to the war.

“I will say Israel has to be very careful because you are losing a lot of the world. You are losing a lot of support,” he had warned.

Mixed messaging, finish the war and get back to peace. I wont condone that, its a simplistic and ignorant view as ever by Trump.

Himself and Biden have similar views on the war and Israel, both heavily pro Israel. My views on the war are widely known, Israel is a rogue terrorist and apartheid nation commiting horrendous atrocities.

I know you guys think I am a huge Trump supporter, Im not, I just didnt think his 4 years in office was as bad as claimed.

He became unhinged in the last year of office due to pressures from Covid, a biased media & BLM and frankly he has been on a downward spiral since.

He is a parody of himself now, a bad parody.

I have already said multiple times that he shouldnt run for office again, but he is and the opposition is a felloow geriatric whose best days are long behind him and there are serious questions about his mental acumen.

Its a very sad state of affairs for the supposed most powerful nation in the world that these 2 are the best the Democrats and Republicans can come up with.

7 more months of the circus to go, Im sure it will provide entertainment and the usual salacious daily gossip on here but I'd much prefer to have 2 younger, more capable politicians in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well I’m not on ignore yet you apparently haven’t bothered commenting on the senate border deal trump had killed though I’ve twice posted info about it directly in reply to you, namely Lankfords floor speech. It’s an extremely centrist bill and you claim to be ever the centrist, a claim you put in play yourself a lot in this thread, so, why avoid commenting on it - particularly as you complain the border is not shut, while complaining about Joe Biden, in the thread about Trump while not acknowledging Trump, or his actions to keep it open??

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-immigration-bipartisan-border-security-us-mexico-democrats-2024-1?amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

And @MisterAnarchy just unwilling to admit that he pretty clearly is favouring genocide to get things "peaceful" again…. It's a lot more than simple and ignorant…

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭randomuser02125

Mixed messaging? It's wipe 'em out and then make peace with those left. It's the diplomacy you'd expect from his limited intellect. The man has zero understanding of the conflict. But as president of the Dunning Kruger club he gives his laughable opinion anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Right but you keep bringing up MAGA tropes, chief among them the tired old both sides shtick. You're welcome to believe what you want but it's a bit tiring hearing people say they don't support Trump and then blame everything and everyone else for problems Trump himself causes. Case in point:

He became unhinged in the last year of office due to pressures from Covid, a biased media & BLM and frankly he has been on a downward spiral since.

Yeah. You criticised him in fairness but then led into both sides once again as always.

Covid was a disaster and that's down to Trump spreading anti-vaxxer nonsense. PLoS One even id'd his Twitter account as a major source of vaccine disinformation. BLM wouldn't exist if it weren't for racists like Trump and the biased media line is as weak now as it was in 2016.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

@MisterAnarchy thats a 'they are equally bad' argument again and no right minded person should be capable of believing that! Trump's only concern is himself and only himself, I doubt his family even enters that equation.

Yes Biden is old, but that's about all that's against him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

I agree with most of this and don’t want to go too much OT.

I hate all Trump has represented since 2016, he has normalised lying at the highest levels and sows hatred and division among Americans and others. He and his enablers are disgusting and a terrible example to anyone. Anyone on here trying to say ‘but Biden does x,y,z ‘ are usually just playing ‘both sides’ silly buggers.

But, can we separate out anti-vax from the rest of the Trump anti-science/anti-lockdown/anti-Fauci etc. Yes he should have show a better example as a leader in backing (and not defaming) his scientific advisors….but he took the vaccine and publicly at least once said others should take it also.

Sorry for pedantics but it’s important to be accurate with Trump criticism as in the separate war against the anti-vax crazies who are wreaking havoc, they need to know Trump took the vaccine, just like they need to know more local ‘crazies’ like Edwin Poots and Peadar Tobin were not anti-vax.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He took the vaccine after catching the virus and having paid a measly $750 in tax. He demonised Dr. Fauci, a world expert and spent more time coming up with racist nicknames for the thing than doing anything constructive. He also dismantled Obama's pandemic preparedness office, presumably out of spite.

In a pandemic, speed is everything. When it hit, I honestly thought he was guaranteed the win in 2020. All he had to do was mix Dr. Fauci's expert counsel with his salesman's shtick but he was too toxic and stupid to do even that.

I don't know who Poots and Tobin are and they don't sound like relevant names in this discussion.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

grand and I was reluctant to post as don’t want to derail thread with serious issues I have with the anti-vax movement.

Believe it or not we are 99.9% in agreement on Trump (as in he’s disgusting and should never have been nor never again should be within a million miles of public office) Your post basically repeated mine so we should be fine 😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not relevant no, but Edwin Poots, former leader of the DUP and creationist and Leader Tobín, leader of Aontú and former SF TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump is calling for Israel to FINISH the war. Not to end it peacefully, but to FINISH it. The result of that is the slaughter of more innocent Palestinians, running the survivors out of Gaza altogether, effectively erasing Palestine from history.

But yeah, both are bad, not a Trump supporter, wish younger candidates, run away for a while until Trump says something derogatory about immigrants and you can come back with "LOL DADDY TRUMP! LMAO"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Both are bad, but definitely trump is worse. But Bidens bad approach to Gaza is more likely to negatively affect his re-election chances. And he only has himself to blame for that. Be ironic if Bibi scuppers Biden's re-election given they seem to have always hated each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭briany

What would be a good approach to Gaze in terms of Biden's reelection chances? There's certainly a more moral approach in my opinion, which would be to restrain Israel in its ability to slaughter innocent Palestinians, but does that match with the desires and prejudices of his voting base?

A much greater proportion of Trump's base probably view the Palestinians as less than human, whereas Biden needs to do a bit more straddling.

Not supplying Israel with weapons the same day he tells them to not attack rafah perhaps. His actions and words to Israel send mixed messages to Israel on what he wants them to do. His behaviour at the gathering he had with doctors thst had worked with in the region this week indicated that he really doesn't care about civilian deaths in Gaza.

Post edited by Sudden Valley on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But that isn't a Biden response. That's a US response. Most senators and congress members would be in complete agreement that Israel is to be backed unequivocally.

It would be great if Biden could put the US on the right side morally on this but he is doing what America has always done and, at least to date, what most Americans are in agreement with.

• Advertisement

But Bidens bad approach to Gaza is more likely to negatively affect his re-election chances

And if that's true then every American left of centre are idiots for putting this issue above their own country's direction and stability.

I know voters are juking the primaries in protest of Biden's approach to Gaza but if in the national election they are that ideologically short sighted, maybe America isn't worth saving - even if the ramifications would be global.

I think you are wrong, public sentiment is against this action. They will vote on his re election,. Biden does have power and has chosen his path.

I would agree that it would be short sighted to vote for Trump but it just seems odd that Biden should not any blame for turning voters off him. If he is indifferent in supporting the killing of civilians in the tens of thousands in a foreign land and that what's puts off young voters who are against this action or people of the same religion of the victims then perhaps he should have seen this coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How will Biden lose votes? What alternative is there?

The GOP, and Trump, are 100% behind Israel. So a voter will opt for Trump rather than Biden on what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well there wont be any further reason for war if they kill all the Palestinians taps nose

They may not vote at all. That is a bigger risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

after ordering Republicans to block any border reforms, Trump tries to shift blame to Biden by twisting his own bloodbath remark

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-runs-big-with-biden-bloodbath-theme-on-rally-signs-emails-and-new-website/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭briany

At this point, I have to wonder if his campaign team are mulling over the possibility of him going to jail as a stunt to boost his polling numbers?

As a former president, Trump would get the easiest, most secure incarceration possible. No gen-pop for him. Either house arrest or his own wing with a dedicated security detail, so it's not as if he'd have any of the fears about prison that lesser people would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Stanley 1

Hope they send him to Epstein's cell, memories will flood back into his head, switch to overload, heart attack, game over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement