Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

biko wrote: »
    I take it you agree with the FB decision? I don't.

Next time you card a poster, if they disagree or I disagree will you rescind the card?

No you won’t, because they don’t get to decide what rules they adhere to. You do.

This is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

it would take wilful ignorance to think he wasn't praising or supporting people engaged in violence so ,yes, I do agree with the decision. Do you think Trump should be exempt from Facebook terms and conditions?
    Can you find the actual T&C Trump violated? Specifically the "praising" bit?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Next time you card a poster, if they disagree or I disagree will you rescind the card?

No you won’t, because they don’t get to decide what rules they adhere to. You do.

This is no different.
    I won't discuss moderation on boards, this is the second time you bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No i'm not going to waste my time jumping through hoops for you. Your man is finished, get over it.

You don't have to specifically refer to Boards. Replace Boards with Reddit or any other similar forum and then answer the question.

• Advertisement

You don't have to specifically refer to Boards. Replace Boards with Reddit or any other similar forum and then answer the question.
    You'll have to ask them.

Here you go
    In an effort to prevent and disrupt real-world harm, we do not allow any organizations or individuals that proclaim a violent mission or are engaged in violence to have a presence on Facebook. This includes organizations or individuals involved in the following:
    Terrorist activity
    Organized hate
    Mass murder (including attempts) or multiple murder
    Human trafficking
    Organized violence or criminal activity
    We also remove content that expresses support or praise for groups, leaders, or individuals involved in these activities.

You'll have to ask them.

Exactly. You probably don't realise that you just contradicted your own argument.

Because it shows the absolute ridiculousness of your argument and highlights that you don’t actually believe what you’re saying. You’re just upset that Trump got himself banned and now rather than admit it’s his own fault you’re trying to blame Facebook and Twitter.

Trump’s prison thread would be hilarious.

Because it shows the absolute ridiculousness of your argument and highlights that you don’t actually believe what you’re saying. You’re just upset that Trump got himself banned and now rather than admit it’s his own fault you’re trying to blame Facebook and Twitter.

Trump’s prison thread would be hilarious.

replace ridiculousness with hypocrisy and your post would be more correct.

• Advertisement

replace ridiculousness with hypocrisy and your post would be more correct.

Why not both?

Why not both?

fair point, well made.

Thank you.

So then the question becomes, does the two posts from Trump breach
    We do not allow content that praises any of the above organisations or individuals or any acts committed by them.
    “We love you. You’re very special,” he said in the first post, and “great patriots” and “remember this day forever” in the second.

I don't think so, others do.

Thank you.

“We love you. You’re very special,” he said in the first post, and “great patriots” and “remember this day forever” in the second.

Doesn't matter what you think though, does it.

Thank you.

"You'll have to ask them."

"You'll have to ask them."

QONVIyz.gif

For now Trump is banned and apparently he's on other social platforms.
    The publicity he is getting from the bans is bigger than he could ever get from posting little strange snippets, often in all caps for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

The publicity he is getting from the bans is bigger than he could ever get from posting little strange snippets, often in all caps for some reason.

Good,

Everybody happy then

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Do you seriously believe this? He'll get the obligatory publicity from this Facebook decision and then we'll be right back to hearing about him about 95% less than we did when he was mouthing off on twitter.

The amount of chatter about Trump, even on boards, is still almost as high as when he was in power.
    People can't get enough of him.

• Advertisement

The amount of chatter about Trump, even on boards, is still almost as high as when he was in power.

People want him to be punished for the crimes he has committed. If he was put in jail for life the day he left office (or before), people would stop caring about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Correct .... Mostly because he managed to completely **** up the US in just one term, creating a divide that will last for many more years to come.

Trump wont go away

It's largely died off, it's primarily discussion of ongoing criminal cases that relate to him and his press statements and the like get little to no attention. His loss of access to social media platforms has largely diminished his voice. And that's all on him. He broke the rules of multiple platforms including using them to incite and praise the capitol riots and disinformation on democratic elections. People are free to check his blog for updates from him but it's more akin to him becoming an old man who yells at crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He is reduced to a sad old man, pretending to be a president still, spouting the same tripe, this time in letter format.

Congressmen visiting him, saying that he is "in good spirits". This is something you'd say about an elderly relative after an operation or a stroke.

He is a shadow of his former imposing self. It is a sharp decline but a welcome one.

Justice is coming.

And when it arrives, he will deserve it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually, it becomes relevant if we are discussing the merits of banning users from social media platforms. Not specific to you or anything.

To wit there have been cases where boards has banned users for activity off site, such as harassing other users of this platform on other platforms.

Trump incited an insurrection. Neither Boards or Facebook is a democracy and you don't have free speech.

The sheer lack of dozens of headlines about Trump every morning in the past 3 months suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Did you not bump this thread?

The chatter is around him getting his comeuppance, which has been a long time coming, and the subsequent crying from his supporters. Nobody is interested in anything he has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TDS is very hard to cure I'm afraid.

TDS is very hard to cure I'm afraid.

Have you tried bleach?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Speaking of bans - I see that Twitter banned a new account that Team Trump created - DJTrumpDesk , which was just reposting the latest missives from his new Blog , so clearly just an attempt to circumvent the ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement