Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Have you tried bleach?

many people have said that shining a light inside works as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,131 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Speaking of bans - I see that Twitter banned a new account that Team Trump created - DJTrumpDesk , which was just reposting the latest missives from his new Blog , so clearly just an attempt to circumvent the ban.

Do you wonder if he will stop posting from the Desk abruptly, that it was just a publicity stunt to try and get back on twitter by proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

biko wrote: »
    The amount of chatter about Trump, even on boards, is still almost as high as when he was in power.
    People can't get enough of him.

That would seem strange.

I assume you have the data to back up your position. Lets take the period from November to Janauary, v's Feb to April. What are the stats like?

I would have expected a big drop off but maybe not.

Did you not bump this thread?

Speaking of this thread compare 3759 posts in it, in shy of 5 months to the Trump presidency, insurrection etc. megathreads and the concurrent Trump vs Biden election threads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115587268 - 9346 posts in 5 weeks, not 5 months.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058129592&page=252 - 10,071 posts in 5 weeks again

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119237&page=241 9602 in shy of 1 month

etc etc

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That would seem strange.

I assume you have the data to back up your position. Lets take the period from November to Janauary, v's Feb to April. What are the stats like?

Seems like interest in him is at an all time low both in Ireland and worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That would seem strange.

Well - There's this
    Online misinformation about election fraud plunged 73 percent after several social media sites suspended President Trump and key allies last week

The other significant change is that we are now really only hearing about Trump ,we are no longer really hearing from Trump.

And judging by the noxious bile on his new Blog , that's a very good thing.

Seems like interest in him is at an all time low both in Ireland and worldwide.

Indeed. Trump is no longer the self imposed center of the world.

552421.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Can we move on from using a Donald Trump thread to discuss people talking about Donald Trump. If you have nothing of relevance to the actual topic of the thread, just dont post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another trump acolyte "cancelled"

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1390297799422480395?s=19

That's what happens when you drink the kool aid...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you wonder if he will stop posting from the Desk abruptly, that it was just a publicity stunt to try and get back on twitter by proxy?

Hard to know , but certainly the "Desk" has landed with a resounding thud.

I mean it was described as "the hottest ticket in Social Media"
    "I do think that we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here, with his own platform," Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told Fox News' "#MediaBuzz" on Sunday. "And this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media, it’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does."

All we've got so far is an extremely cheap looking Blog page containing whiny "tweets that never were".

Given that all anyone can do with the posts is repost them to one of the mainstream Social sites , it's possible that the loss of their "redirector" account might be another nail in it's already fairly well secured coffin lid.

Unless they've got plans for further development (and I don't think they do) I suspect that it will slowly wither on the vine over the summer.

• Advertisement

Another slap down for Trump.

It's like "Insurrectionist Whack a mole"

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1390304609466466305?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He's basically just another sad re-reg troll at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Can you find the actual T&C Trump violated? Specifically the "praising" bit?

I've seen threads in Dispute Resolution and Prison with this sort of rules-lawyering.

Notice that the GOP isn’t trying to legislate for a breach of terms of service agreement either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Agreed 6months since the election and he is talked about in this thread and the Biden thread everyday it seems. Wasn't expecting this when I joined.

Its fascinating.

Trump discussed in the trump thread and American politics threads, the audacity.
    They’ll be discussing sports in a sports thread next.
    Unbelievable.

Trump discussed in the trump thread and American politics threads, the audacity.
    Unbelievable.

I think some people who find it "strange" that so many people post in this and the Biden thread aren't aware that even that isn't true, because many people don't in fact post in either thread. I would say that there's about 20-30 people who are consistently active in each thread, many of which live or have lived in America or have some other connection to America.

Compare that to the number of people active on Boards every day or to a thread about a British football team and this is actually a relatively quiet thread.

Unbelievable.

the trump thread has just over half the number of posts as the Biden thread in the same timeframe. Trump is not the talking point he once was. In fact most of the thread seems to be about how irrelevant he has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

the trump thread has just over half the number of posts as the Biden thread in the same timeframe. Trump is not the talking point he once was. In fact most of the thread seems to be about how irrelevant he has become.

Not to mention a lot of this thread has been about the Trumpism of the GOP and the on-going ramifications of the Capitol Riot, rather than just Trump himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Mostly due to his associates getting raided, his ranting on stage like a lunatic thinking he's still president or how the investigations into him are coming along.

Penn wrote: »
    Not to mention a lot of this thread has been about the Trumpism of the GOP and the on-going ramifications of the Capitol Riot, rather than just Trump himself.
    Mostly due to his associates getting raided, his ranting on stage like a lunatic thinking he's still president or how the investigations into him are coming along.

all good and excellent points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Did you not bump this thread?
    The muslims must be up to feck all in Sweden , lazy sh1tes :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fec-recommends-ban-on-shady-fundraising-tactic-used-by-trump-almost-like-theft/

By an unanimous vote, The FEC is imploring Congress to legislate a ban on a practice recently reported on that caused quite a scandal this year, when it was reported that Trump's fundraising website surreptitiously checkmarked boxes for one-time donors to make donations recurring.
    As the Times reported back in early April, during the 2020 election, Trump’s campaign found itself at a cash disadvantage with now-President Joe Biden, and started sending out online fundraising solicitations that made repetitive donations the default option. Some of these were set up to authorize additional donations later in the campaign, some for monthly or even weekly recurring donations. The campaign also sometimes used prechecked boxes to double the donation and made the language and disclaimers complex and confusing.

The Times interviewed multiple Trump donors who thought they were making one-time contributions and were shocked to discover thousands of extra dollars being sent to the campaign, sometimes overdrawing their bank accounts. Unhappy donors made so many fraud complaints to their banks and credit card companies that the Trump campaign issued $122.7 million in total refunds, or 10.7 percent of their total donations through the WinRed online platform, a number far above the norm for a presidential campaign.

The National Republican Congressional Committee used the practice to some degree, as did Biden's campaign, however Biden's refunds amounted to 2.2%, 1/5th of the margin on the WinRed platform with its presentation, language, etc. and the report doesn't say which cite his campaign would have pre-checked those from.

The FEC is split 3-3 GOP-Democrat and they voted 6-0 to reccomend entirely banning the practice.

I think Affluenza already did, George.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1390482019738521600?s=19

It's a bona fide cult. Prove me wrong.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Overheal wrote: »
    I think Affluenza already did, George.

It's amazing really - These people claim stuff like the above as justification/mitigation for committing criminal acts and we're all supposed to put an arm around them and tell them it's ok , it's not your fault.

But if a poor person makes reference to extreme poverty , a broken or abusive home life growing up as a defense??

Well , that's just an excuse , Buck up and accept responsibility , no one is going to give you a pass here son! , Own your mistakes , take your punishment and move on!!!

"Personal responsibility , American Exceptionalism, That's what makes America great boy!"

It'd be an insult to double standards to use the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1390482019738521600?s=19

It's a bona fide cult. Prove me wrong.
    It's also a bit like an abusive relationship tbh.
    Graham and Ted Cruz keep crawling to Trump despite all the things he has said and done to them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've seen threads in Dispute Resolution and Prison with this sort of rules-lawyering.
    Yes, most sites have rules and terms and conditions, it's very common.

Yes, most sites have rules and terms and conditions, it's very common.

But you believe that they should be ignored and that people can post whatever they like as long as it's non-violent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Trumps new platform isn't going to take off, I don't think.
    It's not a dialog, it's a monolog.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/04/donald-trump-launches-new-communication-site-fans-twitter-ban/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement