Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Josh Hawleys book about being oppressed by big tech after he encouraged a riot on the Capitol is currently the best seller on Amazon as Hawley freely promotes the book on Twitter from his iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    A bit rich calling Donald trump Jr the junkie considering the history of the 46th presidents son.

What does Joe Bidens son have to do with Don Jr and how Trump refers to drug users?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A bit rich calling Donald trump Jr the junkie considering the history of the 46th presidents son.

When you use whataboutism like you just did, it just highlights your inability to debate any facts at hand.
    Additionally Dtj held a position in the trump administration, hunter Biden doesn't

I don’t see how any of the bidens factor into the commentary.

As to the horse itself the trainer is gaslighting things including blaming cancel culture for what will be at minimum his 29th doped horse in his career. None of them are ever his fault of course, it’s the liberals again

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/bob-baffert-slams-pretty-harsh-response-after-his-kentucky-derby-winning-horse-fails-drug-test-blames-cancel-culture/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trumpists: "You guys are obsessed with Trump, you've got TDS!"

Also Trumpists: "Hunter Hunter Hunter Hunter!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    As to the horse itself the trainer is gaslighting things including blaming cancel culture for what will be at minimum his 29th doped horse in his career. None of them are ever his fault of course, it’s the liberals again

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/bob-baffert-slams-pretty-harsh-response-after-his-kentucky-derby-winning-horse-fails-drug-test-blames-cancel-culture/

A fantastic example of what utter nonsense their attempted diversionary tactics are..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Baffert is a disgrace, its baffling how he hasnt been banned from the sport by now.
    He follows the Max Zorin horse training programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭briany

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Desk of Trump site is a bit of a laugh, it is old man yells at clouds type stuff.

I was reading as well there is an election audit company operating in Arizona and its owner reckons that they are going to test thousands of ballot papers for bamboo because they say that thousands of Chinese paper ballots were flown into the US to stuff election boxes.And that the presence of bamboo in the paper will prove their conspiracy theory. Its truly mad stuff but has the blessing of Republicans

I'm surprised whoever came up with that theory stopped themselves from going the whole hog and saying the Chinese ballots smell of soy sauce, or something.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

briany wrote: »
    I'm surprised whoever came up with that theory stopped themselves from going the whole hog and saying the Chinese ballots smell of soy sauce, or something.

There's a whole string of bizarre Internet Conspiracy theories being "tested for" in that shambles.

Aside from the Bamboo hunt , they were also checking ballots under UV light to look for a "secret watermark" put there specially by Trump to protect against fraud - This is direct from a QANON discussion forum.

The wider GOP have just completely given themselves over to the utterly deluded Trump fringe , it's genuinely scary for the political future of the US .

You have the GOP actively hiding the fact that Trump is utterly toxic outside his base when discussing Election plans with candidates.

You have Kevin McCarthy claiming in a letter to house members that "Unlike the left , the GOP are a party of Free Thought and Debate".

This in a letter explaining why they are kicking Cheney out for daring to want to debate and have free thoughts about Trump.

It's beyond parody..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

What does the future hold for donald trump?

Money, women, luxury, fame to name a few

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Marco23d wrote: »

Money, to pay for protection in jail

Women, On a poster in his cell.

Luxury, as in an extra bar of soap.

Fame, the Saturday night movie in the prison cinema.

sums it up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

weisses wrote: »
    Money, to pay for protection in jail

Women, On a poster in his cell.

Luxury, as in an extra bar of soap.

Fame, the Saturday night movie in the prison cinema.

sums it up nicely

like this?

il_794xN.1900485525_p6it.jpg

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    There's a whole string of bizarre Internet Conspiracy theories being "tested for" in that shambles.

Aside from the Bamboo hunt , they were also checking ballots under UV light to look for a "secret watermark" put there specially by Trump to protect against fraud - This is direct from a QANON discussion forum.

The wider GOP have just completely given themselves over to the utterly deluded Trump fringe , it's genuinely scary for the political future of the US .

You have the GOP actively hiding the fact that Trump is utterly toxic outside his base when discussing Election plans with candidates.

You have Kevin McCarthy claiming in a letter to house members that "Unlike the left , the GOP are a party of Free Thought and Debate".

This in a letter explaining why they are kicking Cheney out for daring to want to debate and have free thoughts about Trump.

It's beyond parody..

You are right in the second bold statement but also in the first which is genuinely worrying.

I saw someone, I think it was one of the Lincoln Project guys (but I could be wrong) say in the last few days that baring illness, death or being eaten by a crocodile, Trump is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

After everything that he has gone on, everything he has done, that just beggars belief. And, when you look at the work the GOP are putting in at the state level to ensure he gets elected, he may waltz home even were he to lose the popular vote for a 3rd time.

But the more prescient point that that guy who I saw on TV made, was that that there could be another candidate who will emerge in future, maybe one who is as regressive and selfishly focused as Trump, who will be smart enough to not put his foot in his mouth like Trump was but will be able to capitalize on the Fox News Platform the micro-targeting within Facebook, the States Gerry mandering to really take control in a dangerous way.

And when we look at the UK and the behavior of the Tories, and the likes of the announcements within their Queen Speech today, they are not a million miles behind them.

Democrats need a team of hard nosed see you next Tuesday's at the state level to counter what the Republicans are going on with.
    Or hopefully the SDNY will do enough to get Trump excluded but I have said myself before that I am not counting on that.

You are right in the second bold statement but also in the first which is genuinely worrying.

I saw someone, I think it was one of the Lincoln Project guys (but I could be wrong) say in the last few days that baring illness, death or being eaten by a crocodile, Trump is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

After everything that he has gone on, everything he has done, that just beggars belief. And, when you look at the work the GOP are putting in at the state level to ensure he gets elected, he may waltz home even were he to lose the popular vote for a 3rd time.

But the more prescient point that that guy who I saw on TV made, was that that there could be another candidate who will emerge in future, maybe one who is as regressive and selfishly focused as Trump, who will be smart enough to not put his foot in his mouth like Trump was but will be able to capitalize on the Fox News Platform the micro-targeting within Facebook, the States Gerry mandering to really take control in a dangerous way.

And when we look at the UK and the behavior of the Tories, and the likes of the announcements within their Queen Speech today, they are not a million miles behind them.

Democrats need a team of hard nosed see you next Tuesday's at the state level to counter what the Republicans are going on with.
    Or hopefully the SDNY will do enough to get Trump excluded but I have said myself before that I am not counting on that.

Would be ****ing delighted if that was the case.

Delighted.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Would be ****ing delighted if that was the case.

Delighted.

If Trump runs against Biden in 2024, I expect Trump will waltz home due to a drop in turnout from 2020 affecting more on the Democrat side than on the other.

You cannot underestimate the 74M who voted for him, the amount of them who believe the election was rigged, the ability of the GOP in states to influence things and the massive platform Fox will give him with OAN and Newsmax doing similar in an attempt to pick up viewers.

I keep on seeing this idea that a more sophisticated, refined version of Trump will emerge from the wings and be the new god of the Trump base, but I think what a lot of people are missing is that it's that obnoxiousness, boorishness and ignorance and arrogance that is a huge part of Trump's appeal to 'the base'. 'Grab 'em by the pussy' wasn't a sentence that sunk Trump's political career, like it would have been for anyone else. It became a rallying cry.

Trumpism, to me, is the Republicans letting the mask fall, and making direct appeals to xenophobia and 2nd amendment people. A slicker, more refined version of that, which perhaps couches the language, is just a more traditional Republican. Hawley and Cruz etc. are Washington suits, no matter how much they try to style themselves otherwise.

If Trump runs against Biden in 2024, I expect Trump will waltz home due to a drop in turnout from 2020 affecting more on the Democrat side than on the other.

You cannot underestimate the 74M who voted for him, the amount of them who believe the election was rigged, the ability of the GOP in states to influence things and the massive platform Fox will give him with OAN and Newsmax doing similar in an attempt to pick up viewers.

He is a spent force as it is.

He is losing voters, not picking any up.

How is he going to campaign online?

Romney even copped that by attacking Chaney, he is driving moderate Republicans over to the Democrats.

All he will be left with is his base. The hardcore. And they don't amount to 74m IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why do you think those who were so energised to get out and vote against Trump in 2020 would be so unwilling to do so again?

And why would the 74m be willing to go out again for what is likely to be yet another failure?

A lot is made of Trump increasing his vote, but Biden saw an even bigger increase in the Democratic vote. I doubt that was driven by the sheer amazing nature of Biden, more so that it was driven as a desire to get rid of Trump.

Seeing Trump bully his way back onto the ballot after the country already told him they didn't want him, is hardly going to reduce those peoples desire to show him.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    He is a spent force as it is.

He is losing voters, not picking any up.

How is he going to campaign online?

Romney even copped that by attacking Chaney, he is driving moderate Republicans over to the Democrats.

All he will be left with is his base. The hardcore. And they don't amount to 74m IMHO

I hope you are right. But I don't think you are.

The Republican Leadership have aligned themselves squarely with him. They have done this for a reason.

briany wrote: »
    I keep on seeing this idea that a more sophisticated, refined version of Trump will emerge from the wings and be the new god of the Trump base, but I think what a lot of people are missing is that it's that obnoxiousness, boorishness and ignorance and arrogance that is a huge part of Trump's appeal to 'the base'. 'Grab 'em by the pussy' wasn't a sentence that sunk Trump's political career, like it would have been for anyone else. It became a rallying cry.

Trumpism, to me, is the Republicans letting the mask fall, and making direct appeals to xenophobia and 2nd amendment people. A slicker, more refined version of that, which perhaps couches the language, is just a more traditional Republican. Hawley and Cruz etc. are Washington suits, no matter how much they try to style themselves otherwise.

DeSantis isn't.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Seeing Trump bully his way back onto the ballot after the country already told him they didn't want him, is hardly going to reduce those peoples desire to show him.

Trump could have a new weapon his side, though - incredibly suppressive voter ID laws.

The Republican Leadership have aligned themselves squarely with him. They have done this for a reason.

Yes.

Because they are afraid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They have done it because to lose even 10m of that 74m means they are toast. Having backed themselves into a corner they really are stuck for a way forward.

The issue though is not Trump voters, it is how do they win non Trump voters. And selecting Trump doesn't achieve that.

They were faced with two poor options. Ditch Trump and start from scratch, or continue to hold onto the deflating lifevest. They seem to have chosen the short term better option but the possibility of being successful is terribly small.

I think the thinking behind it is nothing about Trump or POTUS. It is purely about protecting their own seats in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

The purge is starting with the attack on Chaney - clearing the opposition to Trump which could have the effect of strengthening his position within the GOP. The GOP don't want to bite the hand that feeds them (or their coffers)

However I believe (and hope) that the piles of litigation in the offing could be enough to derail him.

I also believe that we may not see a full term from Biden so if the Dem candidate is Harris, then it could make for a very interesting 2024!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was reading that the owner of the Kentucky Derby winner actually came out with an excuse as to why his horse was found with drugs in its system. I must admit to getting a great laugh out of it
    Bob Baffert has gone on the defense since Churchill Downs officials revealed that Medina Spirit tested positive for a banned substance after winning the 147th Kentucky Derby. In 24 hours Baffert has already concocted a couple of excuses to dismiss the failed drug test. The latest “explanation” is something that not even the most imaginative teenager would use to get out of trouble.

According to Rick Bozich, Baffert said one test issue was created by a groom. Baffert claims the groom urinated in the stall after taking cough medicine. Medina Spirit then ate some of the contaminated hay, leading to the positive test.

In summation, Medina Spirit could be disqualified from the Kentucky Derby for eating pee-hay. The trainer actually believes he could lose his historic seventh Derby victory because of pee-hay.
    https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/bob-bafferts-latest-excuse-for-medina-spirits-failed-derby-drug-test-is-a-doozy/

Thats just a bizarre level of imagination. As if stable hands just piss on the food supplied for racehorses worth millions of dollars and then the total coincidence that the stable hand happened to be taking cough syrup :rolleyes:

Anyway one of Trumps latest pronouncements is also good for a laugh, you can just feel the rage seeping through his words
    The Fake News Media, working in close conjunction with Big Tech and the Radical Left Democrats, is doing everything they can to perpetuate the term “The Big Lie” when speaking of 2020 Presidential Election Fraud. They are right in that the 2020 Presidential Election was a Big Lie, but not in the way they mean. The 2020 Election, which didn’t even have Legislative approvals from many States (which is required under the U.S. Constitution), and was also otherwise corrupt, was indeed The Big Lie. So when they try to sell the American people the term The Big Lie, which they do in unison and coordination, think of it instead as the greatest Fraud in the history of our Country! An even greater Hoax than Russia, Russia, Russia, Mueller, Mueller, Mueller, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, or any of the other many scams the Democrats pulled!

"The Big Lie" is now firmly part of the American lexicon, everyone knows it refers to Trump and his acolytes repeating ad nauseum that the election was stolen. The fact he is railing against it here shows that he knows the phrase is hurting him and he is trying to flip the narrative. Only thing is he has no platform to do so, he is literally just yelling at the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

scout353 wrote: »
    The purge is starting with the attack on Chaney - clearing the opposition to Trump which could have the effect of strengthening his position within the GOP. The GOP don't want to bite the hand that feeds them (or their coffers)

!

Its more to do with the fact that she has annoyed McCarthy than Trump though.

Susan Collins and numerous other Trump critic's are fine because they have not crossed the people who truly matter.

I wish people would STFU about Liz tbh, a truly abysmal individual who has nothing to offer bar tax cuts and drones for all.

If you want Trump to **** off genuinely, you starve him and all those who are obsessed with him of publicity.

That's obviously Trump and his ilk, but the million tedious Never Trumpers who have nothing of note to say bar how much they hate Trump.

However cable news is dying on its arse without Trump so they need him in some sort of manner, its utterly astonishing how big of a story a ghoul like Liz been purged is, but I suppose people feel as its linked to Trump it may do some numbers.

Mitchs's strategy of ignoring him probably is the way to go tbh.

The founder of Students for Trump gets 13 months in jail for impersonating a lawyer.

"John Lambert, 25, pretended to be as Eric Pope, of the Manhattan-based firm Pope & Dunn. He falsely claimed to be a graduate of NYU Law School with a finance degree from University of Pennsylvania and 15 years of experience in corporate and patent law."

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-students-for-trump-founder-sentenced-20210511-ftba7yvdvzdi3oiblutg7pb7sa-story.html

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement