Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The image is firstly just a random image that does not relate to the US... So let's think about it. Under Biden the pandemic was treated far more than by his predecessor and Trump's politics if anything contributed further to covid conspiracy and anti maskers.

Biden was responsible for a highly successful rollout of the vaccine.

Meanwhile the irresponsible predecessor incited an insurrection of a federal building and his supporters do not want to investigate the events that led to it...

So it seems like a pretty silly meme since Biden and the media always took covid seriously... Weird how the Trumpists are making memes about taking the virus seriously.

That's the most hilarious part of a really stupid post.

Trump worshippers who've spent over a year trying to downplay Covid, piss and moan about wearing a mask, and whine on and on with various ridiculous conspiracies are now trying to use Covid as some sort of gotcha.

Fkn 'ell :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Tony EH wrote: »
    That's the most hilarious part of a really stupid post.

Trump worshippers who've spent over a year trying to downplay Covid, piss and moan about wearing a mask, and whine on and on with various ridiculous conspiracies are now trying to use Covid as some sort of gotcha.

Fkn 'ell :rolleyes:
    Self awareness isn't exactly their strongest trait

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ (@grandoldmemes) Tweeted:
    https://t.co/B2JWoVk5tF https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1397169467558408192?s=20

One killed millions of people.

One has been revealed the only person killed by anyone was shot by a cop.

One has had an impeachment trial already.

One messed up world.

The fact that the orange fart completely ignored the pandemic and vaccine rollout while dedicating his time (not spent eating McDonalds) to pursuing baseless election fraud claims instead.

And then a supporter of the orange fart complains that they're spending too much time on the attack that the orange fart organized against the government.

(you know along with the fact that Biden doubled his vaccination goals and got the country opening up again).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Mod - feel free to delete this if you want. But I am at the point where I feel that anyone supporting Donald Trump is either a) mentally deficient b) a troll or c) someone that's so unhappy within their own lives that they see Trump as a poster boy for their own deficiencies. "Look at him. I'm an idiot. Donald is also an idiot. But he shows that idiots can actually get ahead in the world, regardless of how many lies they tell or how many people they rip off. Therefore, I love him".

The fact that over 75 million people in the US voted for that is just a damning indictment of their society and education system. The Democrats are generally idiotic and out of touch with reality. But damn, if you think the Republicans are the answer, then you really need an intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Mod - feel free to delete this if you want. But I am at the point where I feel that anyone supporting Donald Trump is either a) mentally deficient b) a troll or c) someone that's so unhappy within their own lives that they see Trump as a poster boy for their own deficiencies. "Look at him. I'm an idiot. Donald is also an idiot. But he shows that idiots can actually get ahead in the world, regardless of how many lies they tell or how many people they rip off. Therefore, I love him".

The fact that over 75 million people in the US voted for that is just a damning indictment of their society and education system. The Democrats are generally idiotic and out of touch with reality. But damn, if you think the Republicans are the answer, then you really need an intervention.

Hey, are you ok Grimy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

The issue is inequality, education and a lack of hope. That's what it boils down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,641 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What.Now wrote: »
    The issue is inequality, education and a lack of hope. That's what it boils down to.

It's not as simple as that.

I'm living in the US in a large house with several other adults. Of the Americans here, there are 2 who are Phd qualified and an MIT staff member who are all strong Republicans.
    What I've learned in my time here is that, yes, there are those who are manipulated by Fox News and the likes and scream against things which ostensibly are in their own best interests like universal healthcare and cheaper education etc.
    But there are many who see the government as grossly inefficient and effectively stealing from the public with no sense of responsibility as to how efficiently they spend the tax money they collect.

Many people have a fundamental inherent belief that there is next to no need for a federal government and this mindset, coupled with the binary system means that the likes of Trump and the Republican Party will continue to get votes literally inspite of how abysmal they are at doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm living in the US in a large house with several other adults. Of the Americans here, there are 2 who are Phd qualified and an MIT staff member who are all strong Republicans.
    What I've learned in my time here is that, yes, there are those who are manipulated by Fox News and the likes and scream against things which ostensibly are in their own best interests like universal healthcare and cheaper education etc.
    But there are many who see the government as grossly inefficient and effectively stealing from the public with no sense of responsibility as to how efficiently they spend the tax money they collect.

Many people have a fundamental inherent belief that there is next to no need for a federal government and this mindset, coupled with the binary system means that the likes of Trump and the Republican Party will continue to get votes literally inspite of how abysmal they are at doing their job.

One would hope that Covid, and the vaccines rollout, would disabuse those people of those notions.

And it always strikes me as really odd that such a large section of those that decry big government are also the very ones that are all about USA USA, Team America and how big and mighty the military is.

Not sure how they square that circle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hey, are you ok Grimy?

Ignored threadban

Forum Ban

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You think trump is an idiot his supporters are idiots and democrats are idiots.

Everyone but you is an idiot I'm guessing?

Can you address that you are now pearl clutching about coverage of the Jan 6th attacks when donny spent the last 3 months in office doing nothing but pursuing baseless election claims and ignoring all other government business?

That would at least let people know that you can think critically about these issues and not be reduced to a meme posting account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My issue with all of that is that when those seemingly reasonable people see what the likes of Trump and the GOP do, they still support them anyway. They put their feelings about ineffectual governments and fiscal irresponsibility above the clear damage the GOP do and how they manipulate laws to make themselves and their donors richer at the expense of the greater population.

That's why I use the term "seemingly reasonable people". I'm sure I'd agree with many of their positions, but when they support what the GOP and Trump do, I cannot consider them to be reasonable.

astrofool wrote: »
    Can you address that you are now pearl clutching about coverage of the Jan 6th attacks when donny spent the last 3 months in office doing nothing but pursuing baseless election claims and ignoring all other government business?

That would at least let people know that you can think critically about these issues and not be reduced to a meme posting account.

I wouldn't be holding your breath if I were you.

You think trump is an idiot his supporters are idiots and democrats are idiots.

Everyone but you is an idiot I'm guessing?

Not particularly, no. I'm by no means the smartest knife in the drawer. But I can definitely tell a lying, two-faced grifter when I see one. Trump is not only a disgrace to America (and to the human race) he's a genuine threat to the continuation of democracy in that country.

I'd make a list of the dumb, idiotic and utterly dangerous things Trump has said/done over the last 6 years that should disqualify him from running a library, never mind a country, but I'm just utterly tired of the whole thing. The only hope people have at this stage is that the Republicans combust entirely over the next year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    One would hope that Covid, and the vaccines rollout, would disabuse those people of those notions.

And it always strikes me as really odd that such a large section of those that decry big government are also the very ones that are all about USA USA, Team America and how big and mighty the military is.

Not sure how they square that circle.
    These people are very informed on the whole Covid thing and one of them literally works as a scientist for a pharmaceutical company so there's no question that they were on a different page to him on that. But, and it's another thing I have found interesting, individual political opinions are not expressed as openly as they are at home. So while Trump was encouraging people to go to rallies, catching Covid and ignoring the use of masks, there was no conversation in the house as to his performance.
    Penn wrote: »
    My issue with all of that is that when those seemingly reasonable people see what the likes of Trump and the GOP do, they still support them anyway. They put their feelings about ineffectual governments and fiscal irresponsibility above the clear damage the GOP do and how they manipulate laws to make themselves and their donors richer at the expense of the greater population.

That's why I use the term "seemingly reasonable people". I'm sure I'd agree with many of their positions, but when they support what the GOP and Trump do, I cannot consider them to be reasonable.

As much as I can make out, it's not definitively that they support the GOP (although that's what it amounts to in reality) but that they believe many Democratic ideals are fundamentally wrong and so they are more inclined to not want that.

But, as I said, nothing definitive was said by them about Trump and I don't actually know which way they voted.
    I did some training at work recently, just mandatory training about professionalism in the workplace and we were told to not start any discussions on the topics of religion or politics or any other evocative topics and were even given guidance on how to turn the conversation on to something else in a non-confrontational manner if someone else started saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »

Weird to believe that actually happened.
    He deserves prison.

That man is still the leader of the Republican Party. And 75 million Americans voted for another 4 years of that. Remarkable times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,119 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mike Flynn tells a Qanon crowd that he doesn’t understand why a Myanmar-like violent military coup cannot happen in the US, and explicitly supports such a military coup happening in the US.

https://twitter.com/justinglawe/status/1399141771997745156?s=21

Overheal wrote: »
    Mike Flynn tells a Qanon crowd that he doesn’t understand why a Myanmar-like violent military coup cannot happen in the US, and explicitly supports such a military coup happening in the US.

https://twitter.com/justinglawe/status/1399141771997745156?s=21

That's a good National Security Advisor right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1399453300408434690?s=19

The hypocritical cultists were out and about at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

the lads a land whale. and he had a rough time in the role, as would anyone in fairness to him.
    i think DT will not be bothered with the hassle again. he's got every luxury at hand, ego already massaged by the title, probably plenty tired of the media and the bs. and hes not getting any younger.

he may well give his seal of approval to someone to run as DT 2.0. for the sake of staying relevant, nice bit of easy power.
    id imagine a family member would be a distinct possibility. but id guess he himself will step away from the limelight.
    he'll pack up, fly down south, hide his head in the sand.

never really gave much of a shyte about him either way, and i know he generates a lot of saltiness, so this is a disclaimer that my guess is strictly neutral layman and i dont need to hear what about obama/hillary etc, i dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,119 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Flynn tries to backtrack his seditious speech by gaslighting - trying to claim he didn’t say what he said, that he actually said it “shouldn’t” happen, even when he was recorded saying “it should happen”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/mike-flynn-tries-to-backtrack-on-apparent-call-for-military-coup-in-united-states/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

85603 wrote: »
    the lads a land whale. and he had a rough time in the role, as would anyone in fairness to him.
    i think DT will not be bothered with the hassle again. he's got every luxury at hand, ego already massaged by the title, probably plenty tired of the media and the bs. and hes not getting any younger.

he may well give his seal of approval to someone to run as DT 2.0. for the sake of staying relevant, nice bit of easy power.
    id imagine a family member would be a distinct possibility. but id guess he himself will step away from the limelight.
    he'll pack up, fly down south, hide his head in the sand.

never really gave much of a shyte about him either way, and i know he generates a lot of saltiness, so this is a disclaimer that my guess is strictly neutral layman and i dont need to hear what about obama/hillary etc, i dont care.

Oddly enough I think that he'd be more likely to not run again if he wasn't being pursued through the courts by everyone and his dog.

If he had no legal troubles I think he'd be perfectly happy living in Florida playing golf and being the GOP Party Grandee handing out his imprimatur to those he deemed worthy.

Given his current situation , I think he does run as it gives him access to money for his legal troubles , it also allows him to frame the court cases as a "Political witch-hunt" in his defence.

There's also they fact that he is an incredibly vindictive and petty man and his need for a platform to attack his enemies will be a huge draw for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    Flynn tries to backtrack his seditious speech by gaslighting - trying to claim he didn’t say what he said, that he actually said it “shouldn’t” happen, even when he was recorded saying “it should happen”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/mike-flynn-tries-to-backtrack-on-apparent-call-for-military-coup-in-united-states/

If you recall, his trial was an utter debacle. IIRC Sidney Powell represented him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭briany

85603 wrote: »

Trump isn't the sort of person who can let things lie. If he was tired of the BS, he probably wouldn't have bothered setting up the Office of Donald Trump, or continue to make pronouncements via his publicity channels in an attempt to continue to be politically relevant and exert influence on the GOP. Nor would he be giving half-cocked speeches at Mar a Lago wedding receptions about how he was screwed out of a second term. Instead he would have retired to a quiet life out of the public spotlight, playing golf, reading the news and helping his sons run Trump co. He may well not run for president again, but it won't be because he's tired of politics but rather because of insurmountable impediments to launching another campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus that was mad to see all the stuff he did(and didn’t do) all in one place. I’d forgotten about some of the stuff he and his administration had done.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus that was mad to see all the stuff he did(and didn’t do) all in one place. I’d forgotten about some of the stuff he and his administration had done.

That's down to the fact that it was literally one disgusting/shameful story after another, week by week. Utterly exhausting, for an entire 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I just had a scan of his latest ramblings for the entertainment value, this one stood out
    With Memorial Day Weekend coming up, tomorrow people start driving in the biggest automobile days of the year. I’m sorry to say the gasoline prices that you will be confronted with are far higher than they were just a short number of months ago where we had gasoline under $2 a gallon. Remember as you’re watching the meter tick, and your dollars pile up, how great of a job Donald Trump did as President. Soon Russia and the Middle East will be making a fortune on oil, and you will be saying how good it was to have me as your President. Wasn’t it great to be energy independent, but we are energy independent no more. Shame, shame, shame. Other than that, have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

That's down to the fact that it was literally one disgusting/shameful story after another, week by week. Utterly exhausting, for an entire 4 years.

Yeah people at first didn't have the time to fully take in one story and it's consequences before the next one over took it.

As time went by everyone became desensitised to it, especially when you had the GOP sweeping everything under the carpet.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I just had a scan of his latest ramblings for the entertainment value, this one stood out

Let's see does Niki Halley push back on that nonsense aside from the fact that it is completely irrelevant who is President, or was President given what happened on the demand side over the last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement