Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

Trump's communication platform taken offline permanently

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57338035

Woops.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    To call people proudly crass because they are republican shows your own prejudicial traits which in fact you are proudly touting on a public forum.

what is you guys say?
    Accuse others of what you are yourself or something?

Do you think Trump is proudly crass? Tacit approval of how he behaves is a very real issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

To call people proudly crass because they are republican shows your own prejudicial traits which in fact you are proudly touting on a public forum.

what is you guys say?

Read it again because you didn't read it correctly. Either that or you're deliberately misrepresenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,641 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

what is you guys say?

That is most definitely not what this poster did.

If you are interested in honest debate and discussion you will realise this and edit your post to remove the direct insinuation that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump's communication platform taken offline permanently

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57338035

Woops.

Trump's aide seems confident that Trump will be allowed back on a major social media platform. To be honest, unless it's Twitter, it's not going to be that big a deal. Twitter is absolutely perfect for Trump - the compactness, the immediacy, and the ubiquity gave him maximum saturation. He won't get that anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

briany wrote: »
    Trump's aide seems confident that Trump will be allowed back on a major social media platform. To be honest, unless it's Twitter, it's not going to be that big a deal. Twitter is absolutely perfect for Trump - the compactness, the immediacy, and the ubiquity gave him maximum saturation. He won't get that anywhere else.

Twitter won't change their minds.

It'll be Facebook/Instagram - And to be fair , Facebook in the US is already dominated by Right-wing talking heads as it is..

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? Money, women, power, more money, more women, more power, yeah that's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that tweet is gone, what did it say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

what is you guys say?

I saw on Twitter that Tucker Carlson was absolutely furious on his show that Biden had called white republican men more dangerous than ISIS.

Except Biden had actually said "Terrorism from white supremacy is the most lethal threat to the homeland today -- not ISIS, not al-Qaida, white supremacists." He hadn't said white republican men were white supremacists, that was something Tucker Carlson himself implied.

I hope you can see why your post made me think of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

that tweet is gone, what did it say?

That the Facebook and Instagram pages were back up. But think they were always there so nothing has changed, he still can't post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭briany

Penn wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter that Tucker Carlson was absolutely furious on his show that Biden had called white republican men more dangerous than ISIS.

Except Biden had actually said "Terrorism from white supremacy is the most lethal threat to the homeland today -- not ISIS, not al-Qaida, white supremacists." He hadn't said white republican men were white supremacists, that was something Tucker Carlson himself implied.

I hope you can see why your post made me think of this.

I don't think Carlson cares, and what's more, I think he knows well what he's at. He's trying to stoke division by telling the moderate Republican voters that the current president has just called them a bigger threat than ISIS. Context and nuance are the enemy of infotainers who give their sermons nightly on the major American news networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,641 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is what the former Mayor of New York and later personal attorney of a sitting US President is now doing.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1400480097090555908

It would only be more appropriate if it was actually snake oil he was hawking.

Trump 'We'll hire the best people' BS artists, every last one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,118 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Stanford Law school almost got the 1st amendment wrong when it tried to stop a student from graduating over a satirical flyer they sent out ridiculing the insurrectionist behavior of Trump sycophant and Stanford alum, Josh Hawley.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1400201160817000448?s=20

Hawley got an Arts Degree from them... :pac:

Corrupt ****er in shock scandal because he hired another corrupt ****er

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1400493561460801546?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »

I'd say that would be grounds for his removal.

Yikes. Assuming this is true, it shows you just how terrifyingly close we came to becoming a tinpot dictatorship, the lengths Trump and DeJoy would have gone to to make sure they controlled the outcome of the election, whether Trump was that popular or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Didn't those allegations surface prior to the election too?
    Amazed by the lack of effective oversight that only becomes apparent when the justice department weigh in.

banie01 wrote: »
    Didn't those allegations surface prior to the election too?
    Amazed by the lack of effective oversight that only becomes apparent when the justice department weigh in.

Think about all the people Trump shuffled around at the Justice Department. Either they purposefully weren't looking or they knew and ignored it.

Overheal wrote: »
    I'd say that would be grounds for his removal.

Yikes. Assuming this is true, it shows you just how terrifyingly close we came to becoming a tinpot dictatorship, the lengths Trump and DeJoy would have gone to to make sure they controlled the outcome of the election, whether Trump was that popular or not.

And he *still* lost lol

Imagine how much he would have lost by without the assistance on the Ukraine, Fox, Twitter, Facebook, DeJoy etc etc.

• Advertisement

Hypocritical lickspittle suddenly becomes concerned with executive time.

Line up Trump's schedule with Joe's.

This performative outrage is pathetic

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/1400537709240799240?s=19

Hypocritical lickspittle suddenly becomes concerned with executive time.

Line up Trump's schedule with Joe's.

This performative outrage is pathetic

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/1400537709240799240?s=19

I can hear it now. Strike me down if it happens. Tonight on his show Hannity will have someone on to begrudge this, and someone - someone will try and say 'well, golf really isn't the same thing because like well, your standing still so you can still sign papers etc.' - some really contrived bull****. They might still impress me, this is the Mustard on a Burger rager after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I can hear it now. Strike me down if it happens. Tonight on his show Hannity will have someone on to begrudge this, and someone - someone will try and say 'well, golf really isn't the same thing because like well, your standing still so you can still sign papers etc.' - some really contrived bull****. They might still impress me, this is the Mustard on a Burger rager after all.

I’d just be happy with seeing trump try to ride a bike.

Would he hand over the $130,000 though?

I heard that's what he normally pays for a ride...

I can barely handle watching him golf though honestly.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F48a81572-8c4d-32e1-b5cd-8169ab87267a.jpg?crop=780%2C520%2C0%2C0

He doesn't strike me as one who relishes sunshine or the outdoors, really. Whack, into the cart, repeat, tan makeup, lunch and getting doted on in the lounge.

getting doted on in the lounge.

Or a good Mollycoddling in other words.

For some time, I've said that Trump and his supporters are either delusional or disingenuous.

Turns out 45 is the former.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1400532544555307009?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭dam099

Biden should offer to have a bike race with him, winner gets to be the President and loser has to go on a media blackout, everyone wins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

dam099 wrote: »
    Biden should offer to have a bike race with him, winner gets to be the President and loser has to go on a media blackout, everyone wins :D

The loser of the last presidential race got a (social) media blackout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement