Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

pearcider wrote: »
    Why do you keep making excuses for communist China. Can’t you just admit Pompeo and Trump were right all along?

Europe should ally with “communist” China. It’s not really communist, for one, and isn’t as hostile to European culture as the US is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

An intervention into a political re-education camp? Well what a surprise that a communist suggests that? Quick ban me before the free speech hurts your brain.

No. I'd imagine what has happened here is you've been radicalised to the point where it has cost you friends or relationships.

Either this is a wind up or else you literally need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No I’m referring to the fact that he funded gain of function research and publicly defended this lab where the whole thing came from. The truth has been out for over a years. The virus was man made and of course with funding from the west and traitors like Fauci. But the only response from the communist media at the time was “racist” and “orange man bad” ye are a joke.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/world-news/china-flaunts-french-connection-to-wuhan-lab-ambivalent-on-who-probe-into-origin-of-coronavirus/articleshow/75600806.cms

Fauci is a partisan hack at worst and a communist at best. Although democrats and communists are essentially the same thing and have been since the days of Woodrow Wilson.

I genuinely hope that you get the help/intervention that you clearly need, and soon, before you damage those around you.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

In coming "ganging up on me" post in... 3...2....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I think you’ve the one highlighting your errors.

Have you called anyone woke yet?
    Trump lost brah, the democrats are in charge.
    Sanity has returned….but clearly not for some.

Haha yeah you keep thinking the politicians are going to bring sanity back. They exist only to enrich the top 0.1%.

• Advertisement

Haha yeah you keep thinking the politicians are going to bring sanity back. They exist only to enrich the top 0.1%.

As opposed to Trump, who only exists to enrich himself?

Europe should ally with “communist” China. It’s not really communist, for one, and isn’t as hostile to European culture as the US is these days.

Thank you for being honest. I know you’d be in favour of a social credit system too and all the other mandatory government programs that China runs.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    As opposed to Trump, who only exists to enrich himself?

Trump went broke going against the billionaires. He didn’t even draw a salary. I wonder how much fraudci has claimed down the years. Looks like th book deal isn’t going ahead now though. Rule number one..DON’T GET CAUGHT

Trump went broke going against the billionaires. He didn’t even draw a salary. I wonder how much fraudci has claimed down the years. Looks like th book deal isn’t going ahead now though. Rule number one..DON’T GET CAUGHT

He didn't draw a salary but his businesses gained billions by using his own businesses as venues. Charging the secret service a small fortune for hotel rooms.... He used the office to enrich himself. He was going broke cause he couldn't run his business.

Btw, your hypothetical scenario that they released a virus so he'd lose. In times of crises, presidents tend to be more likely to get a second term. The fact he mishandled the entire situation is why he didn't get a second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pandemic under control
    People going back to work
    Mass vaccination
    Economy surging again
    Environmental protection
    LGBT protection
    Etc.

Yes, sanity has returned.
    But not for some I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fair enough mate, if you're going to disregard two separate posters who posted independently of each other expressing concern for your mental health, then so be it.

Either way, I hope you get sorted soon.

Thank you for being honest. I know you’d be in favour of a social credit system too and all the other mandatory government programs that China runs.

I don’t really care about their internal systems. I’m talking about political alliances. The US is a basket case of ideologies maybe of then hostile to Europe. The best idea is that the EU grows some balls, gets it’s own army and finds less disastrous allies.

I don’t really care about their internal systems. I’m talking about political alliances. The US is a basket case of ideologies maybe of then hostile to Europe. The best idea is that the EU grows some balls, gets it’s own army and finds less disastrous allies.

Spoken like a true armchair general.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Fair enough mate, if you're going to disregard two separate posters who posted independently of each other expressing concern for your mental health, then so be it.

Either way, I hope you get sorted soon.

Could you be any more fake?

He didn't draw a salary but his businesses gained billions by using his own businesses as venues. Charging the secret service a small fortune for hotel rooms.... He used the office to enrich himself. He was going broke cause he couldn't run his business.

Btw, your hypothetical scenario that they released a virus so he'd lose. In times of crises, presidents tend to be more likely to get a second term. The fact he mishandled the entire situation is why he didn't get a second term.

I think he’s saying they denied the Wuhan lab leak theory because Trump suggested it, and are now backing away from that. That’s because the entire US establishment is now anti-China, not just the right. He is right on that. US newspapers are now discussing the leak theory and Facebook has stopped banning they discussion.

Personally the politicking about this is crazy. Remember there are still people who believe it’s a fake and that was what Fox News was saying last year. In fact I think trump himself was saying that for a while.

Spoken like a true armchair general.

Well it’s a discussion forum. We have opinions. Since none of us are army generals we have to be armchair versions.

Please engage in debate rather than ad hominem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This is the worst part of the speech for me. What is going on with his trousers?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1401406435121106947

Incontinence pads/pants.
    Long held rumour that Don is fecally incontinent.

Though on that tweet, someone commented "2 butts, no nuts" and that is pure comedy gold!

I think he’s saying they denied the Wuhan lab leak theory because Trump suggested it, and are now backing away from that. That’s because the entire US establishment is now anti-China, not just the right. He is right on that. US newspapers are now discussing the leak theory and Facebook has stopped banning they discussion.

Personally the politicking about this is crazy. Remember there are still people who believe it’s a fake and that was what Fox News was saying last year. In fact I think trump himself was saying that for a while.

I would have assumed that initially but it's pretty clear he views it to have been a plot to destroy trump.
    It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s literally in the Wall Street journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/anthony-fauci-and-the-wuhan-lab-11622759752

Fauci and his Chinese friends unleashed this on the west in order to destroy Trump. Just another deep state plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

banie01 wrote: »
    Incontinence pads/pants.

Though on that tweet, someone commented "2 butts, no nuts" and that is pure comedy gold!

But what is going on with the creases on the front of his thighs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

fvp4 wrote: »

The difference is that Trump was simply guessing, lashing out because he wasn't able to deal with it. So he needed to blame someone and China is both likely to blame, but more importantly, fits in with his narrative of the US under attack. He needed to shift the blame away from himself, and the easiest way is to blame someone else

Fauci was saying that there was no evidence of it.

Trump may turn out to be right, but it wasn't because he knew anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,114 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s literally in the Wall Street journal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/anthony-fauci-and-the-wuhan-lab-11622759752

Fauci and his Chinese friends unleashed this on the west in order to destroy Trump. Just another deep state plot.

Heard about this back in the news this week but I've also seen it reported that there are "no smoking guns" in these emails. https://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-wallace-defends-fauci-from-highly-political-attacks-his-emails-contain-no-smoking-gun/

How did you reach the conclusion that the emails reveal a "deep state plot" and can you quote the exact emails, or at least quote whatever report you read which convinced you it was actually a deep state plot? I don't see how you reached that conclusion from what I can glean from the link you shared, the rest is behind a paywall:
    Anthony Fauci’s email correspondence from the early days of the pandemic have ignited a spate of recriminations over masks and the doctor’s celebrity. But what really matters is that some of the emails raise more questions about the origin of Covid-19.

As director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr. Fauci cast doubt on the theory that Covid-19 came from a laboratory like the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). After ruling it out several times, he publicly said last month it is possible, as the hypothesis was getting a second look in media and academia.

The emails, released after media freedom-of-information requests, show that Dr. Fauci followed debates about Covid-19’s origin from the beginning. In early 2020, the immunologist Kristian G. Andersen wrote to him that the virus had some “unusual features” hinting at manipulation in a lab setting.

Mr. Andersen later published a paper rejecting the lab-leak theory for lack of evidence. And Dr. Fauci began sharing articles arguing in favor of a natural origin while giving advice to scientists writing about the issue. But conclusive proof of a zoonotic origin hasn’t emerged, and it’s reasonable to ask why Dr. Fauci was slow to accept the possibility of a lab leak.

Of particular interest: From 2014-19, the National Institutes of Health sent $3.4 million to the WIV through the nonprofit EcoHealth Alliance. “I just wanted to say a personal thankyou on behalf of our staff and collaborators, for publicly standing up and stating that the scientific evidence supports a natural origin,” EcoHealth Alliance chief Peter Daszak gushed to Dr. Fauci in a partly redacted April 2020 email. “Your comments are brave, and coming from your trusted voice, will help dispel the myths being spun around the virus’ origins.”

So they're really only telling us in that Fauci, a subject matter expert, audaciously "followed debates about Covid-19's origin," and then made an informed opinion that it was zoonotic, and then expressed his opinion in public, for which he received unsolicited thanks and $0 from a non-profit chief. As I recall, Asian hate crimes were already in full swing by April 2020:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2020/04/04/irony-hate-crimes-surge-against-asian-americans-while-they-are-on-the-front-lines-fighting-covid-19/?sh=6e3d6f993b70

So I can for sure see why he got an email of thanks. By March of 2020 Trump was adamant in calling it the Chinese virus, blaming it on the Chinese government, without any prosecutorial evidence, which resulted in waves of hate crimes against Asians and Asian-Americans.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-01/coronavirus-anti-asian-discrimination-threats

This is another situation where Trump made a situation far more divisive than it had to be, stoking xenophobia first and looking for probable cause later.

Was there some other piece of evidence that led you to believe this was a deep state conspiracy I guess is still my question to you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

banie01 wrote: »
    Incontinence pads/pants.

Apparently his speech was preceded by the theme song from Titanic :pac: Whoever picks his music is either clueless or deliberately taking the pïss out of him. Hopefully it's the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The difference is that Trump was simply guessing, lashing out because he wasn't able to deal with it. So he needed to blame someone and China is both likely to blame, but more importantly, fits in with his narrative of the US under attack. He needed to shift the blame away from himself, and the easiest way is to blame someone else

Fauci was saying that there was no evidence of it.

Trump may turn out to be right, but it wasn't because he knew anything.

I see Green has demanded Biden launch an investigation into this and wants answers by the 31st June. So we may be waiting a while for those answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Pearcider how do you go from posting the below a decade ago to ranting and raving about communists now?

Like, what happened you?
    Wow there's a lot of sour grapes/right wing lunacy in this thread. Everybody knows the current economic woes are due to a lack of regulation in the international finance system as well as the collapse of the housing market and the rising cost of energy. The public sector is the usual scapegoat whereas the true blame lies with the corrupt corporate finance sector, the opportunist traders, the selfish and short sighted construction industry and the elected governments that should have been regulating all this. To suggest that the civil servants who merely administrate the state are to blame is a frankly laughable accusation. If you must blame someone blame the CEO's who are walking away from this with hundreds of millions in redundancy packages not the ESB engineer earning 80 grand nor our teachers, nurses, gardai, bus drivers and other public servants who do excellent work for relatively low pay and are fully entitled to be unionized.

Too much cider maybe.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Too much cider maybe.

The homebrew isn't as good as the Bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Pearcider how do you go from posting the below a decade ago to ranting and raving about communists now?

Like, what happened you?

It starts off innocent enough - first you might smirk at a pepe or npc meme and before you know it you're shíting on about communist this, leftist that and social gatherings give you a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a lyric from kriss kross that's they think that Trump is trying to convey
    The Daddy Mac will make you "Trump Trump"...

Too much cider maybe.

Care in the community doesn't work out for everyone

• Advertisement

Too much cider maybe.

I am pretty sure that Bulmers released a batch of pear cider a few years ago that gave everyone a dose of the runs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement