Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭briany

Moderate Republicans wouldn't like Pence because of his connection to Donald Trump, and other Republicans advocated his hanging. I just don't see the scenario where he gets 60+ million Americans to vote for him.

briany wrote: »
    Moderate Republicans wouldn't like Pence because of his connection to Donald Trump, and other Republicans advocated his hanging. I just don't see the scenario where he gets 60+ million Americans to vote for him.

He's also incredibly dull, pretty sure there's sloths that are far more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

None of that seemingly matters to the Vice Poodle. He'll continue to rock up at these "events" now and again, he'll continue to get booed by everyone, and eventually he'll realise that hitching up to the Trump Train doomed his entire career. He'll then retire from politics and become some sort of evangelist minster.

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    None of that seemingly matters to the Vice Poodle. He'll continue to rock up at these "events" now and again, he'll continue to get booed by everyone, and eventually he'll realise that hitching up to the Trump Train doomed his entire career. He'll then retire from politics and become some sort of evangelist minster.

You heard it here first.

He's also got his income assured through working for The Heritage Foundation, so he's got a place to go and hide and assure himself of lifetime income doing speeches on the golden rubber chicken circuit.

So, no loss getting himself out in front of the cameras as long as he can.

You heard it here first.

People like Mike Pence must be living in some weird bubble that most average people can't comprehend, because if a normal person had a crowd of people in Washington chanting for his hanging, and had his boss vilifying him to the base of potential voters, they'd probably think to themselves, 'Hmm, maybe it's time to get out of politics.'

But that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Well, the last few months really just shows the utter lack of morals and courage in the Republican party. You've got Pence, who actually had his life threatened and is now back in line with Trump like a good doggie, McCarthy being utterly spineless and two-faced, and McConnell doing the same. They really are on a slippery slope and are gathering speed every single day.

Well, the last few months really just shows the utter lack of morals and courage in the Republican party. You've got Pence, who actually had his life threatened and is now back in line with Trump like a good doggie, McCarthy being utterly spineless and two-faced, and McConnell doing the same. They really are on a slippery slope and are gathering speed every single day.

We've seen what's happened to Republicans who've stood up to Trump and his cult and been resolute about it. They've had their political careers ended.

It shouldn't be shocking that most politicians will do or say just about anything to get into power and as well as that, same politicians could have ways of justifying such cravenness to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What a small, bitter and petty man Donald Trump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm just musing about the psychology of people who agree with Trump's Father's Day message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

_Brian wrote: »
    Cant see it.
    Cant see the us having a former president in jail
    The dems are terrified of the precedent it would set ...because the gop is waaaay better at this then they are.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm just musing about the psychology of people who agree with Trump's Father's Day message.

Why? When his supporters didn't even blink when he sided with Russia over their own country then you know that there is nothing they won't support.

They support Trump. USA is second to that.

I doubt they even read the statement. Just agree with it whatever it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The grift continues...

Rally in Ohio on June 26th...$100 a ticket :D

Anyone still dumb enough to hand their money over to the conman deserves to lose it.

another associate involved in one of Trump's fishy scheme...

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1407080896289599490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

everlast75 wrote: »
    another associate involved in one of Trump's fishy scheme...

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1407080896289599490?s=19

not just any old associate. has been with trump for nearly 40 years. Once told Trump that he would kill for him. That loyalty will be tested but I suspect it will not be found wanting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/28/matthew-calamari-went-viral-after-cohen-hearing-hes-real-he-loves-trump/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

not just any old associate. has been with trump for nearly 40 years. Once told Trump that he would kill for him. That loyalty will be tested but I suspect it will not be found wanting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/28/matthew-calamari-went-viral-after-cohen-hearing-hes-real-he-loves-trump/

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump has taken him up on that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

The grift continues...

Rally in Ohio on June 26th...$100 a ticket :D

Anyone still dumb enough to hand their money over to the conman deserves to lose it.

initially, in 2016 i was all for him as "the system" is what's wrong and hopefully he could disrupt it a bit ... and he did, a little. but now it's time for him to bugger off for good, he hasn't done much for whistleblowers. he could have taken a lot of power from twitter if he moved to an alternative in 2016/17 .... unfortuantly, it seems it's all a grift now.

the world really is FFFEd now.

the yanks have gone from a choice of H Clinton/him in 2016 to no choice, only biden in 2020.

we voted FG out and they are still there. hard to see how the world will get better anytime soon, the rich and powerful are becoming moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Look at the double standards again posters saying trump has serious Brain damage with no evidence but mention Bidens mental health and your in trouble.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Livvie wrote: »
    Really?

If you're looking for an honest and direct response, you'll be left waiting with that poster

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

duploelabs wrote: »
    If you're looking for an honest and direct response, you'll be left waiting with that poster

Tbh, I hope I will....I haven't got the patience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Livvie wrote: »
    Tbh, I hope I will....I haven't got the patience!

I suggest you review a few pages on this thread and count the amount of unrequited questions put to them

"Trump asked whether the DOJ and the FCC could investigate 'SNL' after it mocked him, report says"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-if-doj-fcc-could-punish-snl-after-mocking-report-2021-6?r=US&IR=T

He really is President Snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

"Trump asked whether the DOJ and the FCC could investigate 'SNL' after it mocked him, report says"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-if-doj-fcc-could-punish-snl-after-mocking-report-2021-6?r=US&IR=T

He really is President Snowflake.

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

Time, and time, and time again with these guys.

WhomadeGod, do you accept that the main theme running throughtout Trumps time in office was his constant complaint that everyone was out to get him and complaining about how terrible everything was?

That is the very essence of a snowflake. He cannot take criticism, he cannot accept change, he cannot accept that people think differently to him. With his election loss he proved that he can even accept the voice of the majority.

That pretty much sums up a snowflake to me.

You can support him all you want, but even you have to accept the guy is a snowflake.

snow•flake snō′flāk″►
    n. A single flake or crystal of snow.
    n. Any of several bulbous perennial plants of the genus Leucojum, native to Europe, having nodding white bell-shaped flowers.
    n. A snow bunting.

Yes very good, very droll.

But obviously you know and understand what we are talking about but of course you cannot actually deal with it because you know I am right.

And that puts you in a bind. But that's ok. I am actually impressed that you tried to overcome that with your post. Better than you normal response of simply not responding. So kudos for effort, but unfortunately not a surprise that you can't actually deal with the point raised.

Snowflake
    A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake

Here is another;

snowflake generation
    in British English
    NOUN
    informal, derogatory
    the generation of people who became adults in or after the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offence than previous generations
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/snowflake-generation

snow•flake snō′flāk″►
    n. Any of several bulbous perennial plants of the genus Leucojum, native to Europe, having nodding white bell-shaped flowers.
    n. A snow bunting.

Wish your comrades who start a different thread every day, complaining about something that doesn't affect them it seems, were as educated as your good self.

You might explain hypocrisy to them if you get the opportunity.

People from this thread accusing others of bigotry?

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

Except no one did that.

snow•flake snō′flāk″►
    n. A snow bunting.

What about Trump being "Triggered"?

You should know what that means, considering donny jnr allegedly wrote a book on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »

And that puts you in a bind. But that's ok. I am actually impressed that you tried to overcome that with your post. Better than you normal response of simply not responding. So kudos for effort, but unfortunately not a surprise that you can't actually deal with the point raised.

I'm not sure I would describe a response in bad faith as better than no response at all.

• Advertisement

What's the obsession with don Jr?

And you say we are bad about hunter.

"accuse others of what which you are guilty"

Do you purposefully miss the point, or is it that you cannot understand what constitutes a normal discussion?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement