Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

My thinking is that nothing you have said is a fact.

Well, we all have opinions. But I have backup for what I said. You can choose to ignore it if you wish.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/559050-harvard-scientist-says-trump-hatred-motivated

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

notobtuse wrote: »
    Well, we all have opinions. But I have backup for what I said. You can choose to ignore it if you wish.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/559050-harvard-scientist-says-trump-hatred-motivated

So you are selective in your opinion as the very start of the article states that chan’s colleagues “might” have which could be deemed an opinion but it is certainly not a fact. Please list hard facts as backup as opposed to opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We've never has an election so rife with irregularities, potential for abuse, and election laws ignored. This is a first.

So why vote against debating change?

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1407464559615430656?s=19

Tippex wrote: »
    So you are selective in your opinion as the very start of the article states that chan’s colleagues “might” have which could be deemed an opinion but it is certainly not a fact. Please list hard facts as backup as opposed to opinions.

News outlets are reporting it as fact and no other scientist refutted it. Certainly light years more credible than the Russian collusion hoax everyone here was reporting as gospel, wouldn't you say?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ah, my friend... moving the goal posts. You don't ever disappoint.

I already addressed that point. Please re-read my original post. It's not about changing a potentially wrong presidential certification, it's about the civil war that will erupt in this nation if the true results were proven to be otherwise and Trump really won.

Why would a civil war erupt in Ireland over trump (legitimately) losing an election in the US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

A forensic audit would clear it up. Why are you all so scared of them?

There have been multiple audits, 0 of them agree with what you believe, thus you will continue to call for more and more audits as each and every audit continues to disagree with you.

Do you not see the impotence of this path? The ridiculousness of the effort going into this that has not yet turned over anything? The hilarity that ensues as these theories surface now and again only to end in absolute embarrassment over and over.

everlast75 wrote: »

Just guessing here but maybe because voting laws are the responsibility of individual state legislatures following federal guidelines. The Federal government already has too m uch control over our lives the way it is.

fullstop wrote: »
    Why would a civil war erupt in Ireland over trump (legitimately) losing an election in the US?

I live in the US. I was talking about here. Sorry for the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

News outlets are reporting it as fact

Credible news outlets are most definitely not reporting it as fact.

astrofool wrote: »
    There have been multiple audits, 0 of them agree with what you believe, thus you will continue to call for more and more audits as each and every audit continues to disagree with you.

Do you not see the impotence of this path? The ridiculousness of the effort going into this that has not yet turned over anything? The hilarity that ensues as these theories surface now and again only to end in absolute embarrassment over and over.

I've already addressed that. Too many irregularities, abuses, and illegally ignoring election laws. A forensic audit will not change anything prior but will bring back peoples confidence that our elections are fair and honest. And make changes where abuses happened. If Trump actually did win the election wouldn't Biden and Harris resigning be the honorable thing to do?

• Advertisement

Credible news outlets are most definitely not reporting it as fact.

Like CNN, the Democrat's Collaboration News Network?

The Hill is very credible and middle of the road on the bias scale.

astrofool wrote: »

I'd guess almost half the country thinks forensic audits are needed in about 4 states to bring back confidence in our elections. That is HUGE!

They might very well prove Biden won legitimately. Why are you afraid of forensic audits? Makes me wonder if fear of what might rear its ugly head is driving the opposition to them.

Like CNN, the Democrat's Collaboration News Network?

The Hill is very credible and middle of the road on the bias scale.

The Hill haven't reported it as fact. That is a FACT. Opinions you agree with aren't facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,094 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nope, I'm saying I wouldn't put it past Bloomberg to pick selective sources that supports his way of thinking and ignore the rest. A forensic audit would put the matter to bed I'd think.

So you aren’t actually denying what was reported you are just happily fanfic’ing there is a whole other side to the story that nobody has presented?

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Is democracy failing/has already failed in the USA if its voting population are growingly not trusting the results of elections/having confidence in the honesty of elections?

In 2020 before election
    A Gallup poll released found that 59% of Americans don't have confidence in the honesty of elections.

That percentage hit a high of 69% in 2016, in the middle of the highly contested presidential election year. That year, only 30% of Americans said they were confident in the honesty of the election

Distrust in elections hit a low in 2009, when only 40% of Americans said they were not confident in the honesty of elections. That year, 59% said they were confident, the highest recorded in Gallup's poll.

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-02-13/majority-of-americans-dont-trust-elections-poll

Maybe the losing side should quit lying to the electorate then. They continue to claim fraud with no evidence.

I'd guess almost half the country thinks forensic audits are needed in about 4 states to bring back confidence in our elections. That is HUGE!

They might very well prove Biden won legitimately. Why are you afraid of forensic audits? Makes me wonder if fear of what might rear its ugly head is driving the opposition to them.

What is a “forensic audit” and what forensics are there to investigate?

The Hill haven't reported it as fact. That is a FACT. Opinions you agree with aren't facts.

The scientist didn't say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Crisis on the border they have no intention on fixing. Illegal aliens invading the country at the highest levels in decades. Huge increases in gasoline, fuel oil, and other goods that hurt the middle class and the poor most. No more energy independence. Increasing interest rates. Terrible international decisions. That's just a few.

You need forensic audits to get the the true bottom of the problems. Maybe they will prove Biden really was elected. But why fight the audits?. Don't you want to prove us on the right wrong and put the fears of half the nation at ease that democrats might have stolen the election?

Just on the fuel and gas one.
    What has this got to do with him and How does he control that?
    What do you mean no more energy independence?

Erm, the scientist voiced an opinion.. No study or anything. Just an opinion. So ya, it's really not proving what you think it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd guess over 99% of the country don't. That's even BIGGER!

Joking aside, the reason so many think there should be audits is because of the lies propagated and pushed by Trump and the GOP because ultimately, they simply lost the election. Trump et al brought numerous cases of what they perceived to be irregularities to court and were dismissed due to lack of evidence almost every single time.

The reason some American people don't have confidence in the elections isn't because there were failures in the election, it's because Trump actively and intentionally eroded peoples confidence in the election. Because he lost the election.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can we move on from the now age old Election irregularities discussion, if you want to continue it there's a lovely thread in the Conspiracy Theory forum just for you all:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058129031

• Registered Users Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wow, way to harsh a guys bostik buzz

From your own link:

"Chan cautioned, however, that despite emerging calls for fresh investigations, there is not a singular piece of evidence that definitely proves the lab leak theory. "

Calling for an investigation does not equal proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

A forensic audit would clear it up. Why are you all so scared of them?
    No need.

Trump's own lawyers, in Court under oath, have repeatedly stated that they have no evidence of electoral fraud. It's why every one of their cases got thrown out.

All an audit would prove is that Trump and his supporters are morons. And only a moron would waste money to prove they're a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

News outlets are reporting it as fact and no other scientist refutted it. Certainly light years more credible than the Russian collusion hoax everyone here was reporting as gospel, wouldn't you say?

Can you point to these fact articles that you are referring to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump claimed pre-2016 that the whole system was rigged and that he would lose as a result.

However, he won!

And what does he do to the system that treated him so unfairly? I mean - he has 4 years to improve the voting system. Trump gains control of the House, white house and Senate. Surely he's an outsider coming in to "drain the swamp", shake things up, be "the great disruptor" (shudder)

Well??????????

Yep - He does absolutely nothing!

What he does do is the opposite. He tries to stack the cards in his favour - make the next election more unfair for his competitor.

He tries to get the Ukraine, China and others to interfere with the elections by providing outside assistance.

He stymies the board which oversees elections.

He employs a stooge to slow down postal votes.

He and his surrogates employ voter suppression techniques.

He uses the White House to campaign.

And because he lost - now he takes bogus cases and tries to heavy hand individual states into "finding" votes.

If you cannot see that this is complete and utter bullsh1t from a pi$$ poor loser trying to con you out of your money, then you are beyond help.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭not_quite_last

Trump claimed pre-2016 that the whole system was rigged and that he would lose as a result.

However, he won!

And what does he do to the system that treated him so unfairly? I mean - he has 4 years to improve the voting system. Trump gains control of the House, white house and Senate. Surely he's an outsider coming in to "drain the swamp", shake things up, be "the great disruptor" (shudder)

Well??????????

Yep - He does absolutely nothing!

What he does do is the opposite. He tries to stack the cards in his favour - make the next election more unfair for his competitor.

He tries to get the Ukraine, China and others to interfere with the elections by providing outside assistance.

He stymies the board which oversees elections.

He employs a stooge to slow down postal votes.

He and his surrogates employ voter suppression techniques.

He uses the White House to campaign.

And because he lost - now he takes bogus cases and tries to heavy hand individual states into "finding" votes.

If you cannot see that this is complete and utter bullsh1t from a pi$$ poor loser trying to con you out of your money, then you are beyond help.

Don't forget, he also opened an investigation into the 2016 results as he couldn't believe he lost the popular vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭briany

I do wonder what happens to these people because it's like some weird Invasion of the Bodysnatchers type thing. That woman who climbed through the inner doors at the Capitol building, only to be shot dead by a secret service man, had posted a video of herself ranting before that incident took place, and she just sounds unhinged. :eek::eek:

And here's another charmer.

And then you have people like that lad wearing the furry headdress at the Capitol Riot. American politics has allowed reasoned discourse to go out the window because of their unregulated news media sectors and proliferation of utter b*ll**** on various social media outlets, but what's shocking is some people's apparent lack of critical thinking skills to sort through some of this.

randd1 wrote: »
    No need.

Trump's own lawyers, in Court under oath, have repeatedly stated that they have no evidence of electoral fraud. It's why every one of their cases got thrown out.

All an audit would prove is that Trump and his supporters are morons. And only a moron would waste money to prove they're a moron.

On Monday former President Donald Trump said he has not conceded the November 2020 election. He went on to say "No, I never, the word is 'concede,' [and] I have not conceded."

He also said "You know, we were always known for free and fair elections." "Well, it turns out they weren't free, and they weren't fair, and the world is watching.”

So apparently Trump is using the current events I was discussing regarding the forensic election audits going on and in discussion in several states to keep himself and the forensic audits in the news and in the forefront of people's minds. I guess for some odd reason "the world" here can only watch these current events in the Conspiracy Theory section.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-not-conceded-november-210600776.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3

• Advertisement

Trump spent years claiming Obama was not American... He also claimed windmills cause cancer. He's very good at pushing claims that are entirely untrue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement