Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

And why do they need audits? Provide sources.

And you disagree with your dear leader that Michigan passed the smell test? You should donate $100 to him immediately in apology.

I already addressed some of those. Let me know which ones I didn't.

I disagreed with Trump on many the occasion. I don't recall having a problem with the Michigan election. And I'm not sold on a Wisconsin problem, yet.

And I did donate to his campaign in 2016 and 2020. I don't believe he's running for anything right now, but there is talk of making him Speaker of the House when Republicans take it back in 2022. You have to admit US politics would be a hoot if that were to happen with an unfiltered Trump as Speaker.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

There is a difference between sore losers and claiming the election was stolen.

I guess it depends on the election. As I recall Democrats were claiming the 2016 and 2000 elections were stolen.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    I already addressed some of those. Let me know which ones I didn't.

No you didn't. You provided no sources that showed evidence that that an audit was necessary anywhere. If you did, I'd highly recommend you call up some media outlets as you'd be famous.
    I disagreed with Trump on many the occasion. I don't recall having a problem with the Michigan election. And I'm not sold on a Wisconsin problem, yet.

List several of his policies that you disagree with.
    And I did donate to his campaign in 2016 and 2020. I don't believe he's running for anything right now, but there is talk of making him Speaker of the House when Republicans take it back in 2022. You have to admit US politics would be a hoot if that were to happen with an unfiltered Trump as Speaker.

Oof, the brainwashing is strong with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,638 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I guess it depends on the election. As I recall Democrats were claiming the 2016 and 2000 elections were stolen.

2016 - Nope. HC conceded on the night of the election and that was pretty much it.

2000 - Yep. Jeb Bush's Florida made questionable decisions on holding a recount in a case that was judged on by the Supreme Court before Jeb's brother was announced the winner

Compare that with the 60 cases brought by Trump which were thrown out one by one. These 2 situations are not remotely similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Really, Hillary was claiming the election was stolen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Help me out here, as I haven't read everything... Did people here have an issue with the Michigan election? I know I didn't as there weren't reports of major issues and irregularities as there were in other states.

You have been told already to drop the election discussion - it's been done to death and can now be discussed in Conspiracy Theories. Don't bring it up again or you will be threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sure...

From the article I quoted:

"Alina Chan is one of 18 experts who signed a letter in May calling for a thorough exploration into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic. Although Chan voiced her support for an investigation into the possibility of a lab leak early in the pandemic, she told NBC that experts were careful not to lean too close to views linked to the former president."

"At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins"

Also from NBC:

"Chan said there had been trepidation among some scientists about publicly discussing the lab leak hypothesis for fear that their words could be misconstrued or used to support racist rhetoric about how the coronavirus emerged. Trump fueled accusations that the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a research lab in the city where the first Covid-19 cases were reported, was connected to the outbreak, and on numerous occasions he called the pathogen the "Wuhan virus" or "kung flu."

"At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins," she said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/lab-leak-theory-science-scientists-rcna1191

If that isn't enough for you to consider her statements as fact then you would probably have to ignore 90% or more of all reporting from everywhere.... and probably 100% of reporting on Trump

You claimed media outlets were reporting "it" as fact. What was "it"? Assuming you meant the lab leak theory then they reported the fact that some scientists have called for an investigation and they have reported the fact that some scientists didn't want to speculate on the theory in case they were associated with the former guy. They have NOT reported a lab leak itself as fact as it is still a theory. Do you get it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Sure...

"Alina Chan is one of 18 experts who signed a letter in May calling for a thorough exploration into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic. Although Chan voiced her support for an investigation into the possibility of a lab leak early in the pandemic, she told NBC that experts were careful not to lean too close to views linked to the former president."

"At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins"

Also from NBC:

"Chan said there had been trepidation among some scientists about publicly discussing the lab leak hypothesis for fear that their words could be misconstrued or used to support racist rhetoric about how the coronavirus emerged. Trump fueled accusations that the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a research lab in the city where the first Covid-19 cases were reported, was connected to the outbreak, and on numerous occasions he called the pathogen the "Wuhan virus" or "kung flu."

"At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins," she said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/lab-leak-theory-science-scientists-rcna1191

If that isn't enough for you to consider her statements as fact then you would probably have to ignore 90% or more of all reporting from everywhere.... and probably 100% of reporting on Trump

It really is amazing. So many nutjobs, crazies and racists support Trump that when he throws out a theory that might have some merit, intelligent, rational experts in that field are hesitant to look into the theory. His supporters scare experts away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Guess who???

Well played sir, have a recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭briany

Really, Hillary was claiming the election was stolen?

Yeah, I remember well that time she led a mob down to the Capitol building to 'encourage' those inside not to rubber stamp the results.

No, wait....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

With All due respect you seem to be struggling with the term fact in all of this. You have said
    News outlets are reporting it as fact and no other scientist refutted it. Certainly light years more credible than the Russian collusion hoax everyone here was reporting as gospel, wouldn't you say?
    Sure...

COLOR=#2A2A2A]
    [/COLOR]

However in the same article "A Canadian scientist and Harvard postdoctoral associate said colleagues might have feared vocalizing support for the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis out of concern that it would be viewed as showing support for potentially inflammatory views espoused by former President Trump. "

The term Might is not a fact along with "Chan cautioned, however, that despite emerging calls for fresh investigations, there is not a singular piece of evidence that definitely proves the lab leak theory. "

Please stop grasping at straws picking and choosing elements from the article to suit your narrative when the same article counters your narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    By all means post your evidence then.

I'd be here all day. And you still wouldn't believe any of it. It's not actually normal in itself, to think that Trump's behaviour is normal.

So VP Kamala Harris, who Joe Biden anointed to fix the southern border crisis (and fail in the process because he really doesn’t want it fixed IMO) is finally going to the US southern border to take a look for herself. Why you might ask?

The answer is really quite simple. Donald Trump apparently isn’t going to spend his retirement golfing, and has announced plans to visit the border with Texas Governor Abbott to “shine a spotlight” on Biden’s “crimes against our nation.” And he had something to say about Harris that was both EPIC and Hammer-Meet-Nail worthy.

“After months of ignoring the crisis at the Southern Border, it is great that we got Kamala Harris to finally go and see the tremendous destruction and death that they’ve created—a direct result of Biden ending my very tough but fair Border policies,” Trump said in a statement. “Harris and Biden were given the strongest Border in American history. And now, it is by far the worst in American history.”

If Governor Abbott and I weren’t going there next week, she would have never gone!” Trump added.

Democrats new motto should be “Lead From Behind.” Luckily for us Trump will continue to provide voice to the destruction Biden and democrats are inflicting on our nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So VP Kamala Harris, who Joe Biden anointed to fix the southern border crisis (and fail in the process because he really doesn’t want it fixed IMO) is finally going to the US southern border to take a look for herself. Why you might ask?

The answer is really quite simple. Donald Trump apparently isn’t going to spend his retirement golfing, and has announced plans to visit the border with Texas Governor Abbott to “shine a spotlight” on Biden’s “crimes against our nation.” And he had something to say about Harris that was both EPIC and Hammer-Meet-Nail worthy.

“After months of ignoring the crisis at the Southern Border, it is great that we got Kamala Harris to finally go and see the tremendous destruction and death that they’ve created—a direct result of Biden ending my very tough but fair Border policies,” Trump said in a statement. “Harris and Biden were given the strongest Border in American history. And now, it is by far the worst in American history.”

If Governor Abbott and I weren’t going there next week, she would have never gone!” Trump added.

Democrats new motto should be “Lead From Behind.” Luckily for us Trump will continue to provide voice to the destruction Biden and democrats are inflicting on our nation.

where did you copy and paste that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

She's gong down to check the wall the last lad promised he would build.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

jamule wrote: »
    She's gong down to check the wall the last lad promised he would build.

And on the children who he had taken away from their parents

• Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

By what metric is Trump declaring he had created the strongest Border in American history? And in addition, why is it now the worst?

Given Trump never even came close to completing his signature, and by his thinking an integral part of any strategy, wall, surely we can all agree that Trump failed miserably in his signature policy.

As I recall, Trump paid a number of visits to the border, but surprisingly that in of itself doesn't seem to have solved any of the problems. So maybe a politician, who has access to experts, doesn't actually need to go to the border to understand the issues.

The answer is really quite simple. Donald Trump apparently isn’t going to spend his retirement golfing

He's probably bored of it since he spent all of his presidency playing it.

where did you copy and paste that from?

Trumps quotes are all over the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If it was the strongest border in American history why did he want to build a wall?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And what made you think that the quotes from a habitual liar, a sore loser and one that is trying to paint Biden in as bad a light as possible, were to be taken at face value rather than checking them first?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

I mean Trump quotes should generally be assumed to be lies. Largely due to the fact that most of his statements are lies are only intended to make him feel good about himself and still relevant.

I am curious if Trump's own photo op down by the border will look any better than Ted Cruz's attempt at blaming everything on it a few months ago. Wonder if it is the migrants that mean the Texas power grid keeps failing as well!

In any case the US would be better off if he stuck to golf. Would probably be a pity for golf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And what made you think that the quotes from a habitual liar, a sore loser and one that is trying to paint Biden in as bad a light as possible, were to be taken at face value rather than checking them first?

It's a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to arguing with someone who hasn't the slightest interest in constructive dialogue on this thread.

There is no longer anyone who actually supports Trump willing to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

everlast75 wrote: »

and the hits just keep on coming.

What a shame.
    He he.

A month ago he liked one of my retweets and then blocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to arguing with someone who hasn't the slightest interest in constructive dialogue on this thread.

Could that be because its an indefensible position to take, unless you're a Candace Owens type, ie a lunatic zealot who would say night was day.

There are simply no positives to articulate about Trump, his administration, his advisors, his family or his Presidency.

Try doing it yourself, even as an exercise in devil's advocacy and see how foolish you would feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Lots of very strong language in that ruling by the NYS Supreme Court. Good luck, Rudy. You'll probably end up working at Michael Cohen's law firm.

If there. He won't be able to bring suits in other states, they reciprocate on these things.

By the way, reading through the decision is, well, pretty damned entertaining. It's not short - 33 pages. Here's just one gem from one of the many examples of Rudy's lawyerly malfeasance, in an attempt to discredit voting in Philadelphia (nasty racist undertones in Rudy's statement IMHO):

"Respondent repeatedly stated that dead people “voted” in Philadelphia in order
    to discredit the results of the vote in that city. He quantified the amount of dead people
    who voted at various times as 8,021; while also reporting the number as 30,000. As the
    anecdotal poster child to prove this point, he repeatedly stated that famous heavyweight
    boxer Joe Frazier continued to vote years after he was dead and stated on November 7,
    2020 “he is still voting here.” The public records submitted on this motion
    unequivocally show that respondent’s statement is false. Public records show that
    Pennsylvania formally cancelled Mr. Frazier’s eligibility to vote on February 8, 2012,
    three months after he died"

I would be more than happy to discuss reasoned constructive dialogue regarding Trump's future after the election. What I have no interest in is discussing mere hateful comments about Trump, the questions asking me to defend things divergent from my comments, or the personal abuse directed at me that goes unnoticed.

• Advertisement

Also, isn't it the 20th anniversary of 9/11 this year?
    Wonder will he be arrested by then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement